St Mirren V Aberdeen Top League 15/2/14

shull

Another early kick-off for the benefit of a TV company. Away supporters travelling from the NE at the crack of dawn. They will still travel down in numbers to bolster their considerable central belt support base, so it will be a good atmosphere....in the away end.

I will be there with neither hope nor expectation on this occasion. The Dons are on the crest of a wave after beating Celtic, and have a realistic shot at a double cup win. They have numerous attacking options, and our toiling defence could be looking at a torrid 90 minutes. I can see a high scoring victory on the cards.

4-1 Saints.

Another early kick-off for the benefit of a TV company. Away supporters travelling from the NE at the crack of dawn. They will still travel down in numbers to bolster their considerable central belt support base, so it will be a good atmosphere....in the away end.

I will be there with neither hope nor expectation on this occasion. The Dons are on the crest of a wave after beating Celtic, and have a realistic shot at a double cup win. They have numerous attacking options, and our toiling defence could be looking at a torrid 90 minutes. I can see a high scoring victory on the cards.

4-1 Saints.

What about after half time?

Thinking DL might stumble into a system that suits us , with Goodwin starting in central defence , Djemba Djemba as a holding midfielder , either Wilde or Teale starting , with the option to have two wide men later on in the game if required , and playing a sort of 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 system , that could go to a sort of 3 - 3 - 4 system if we are chasing a result .

Hope Wylde starts this 1, he'll have a point to prove against his old club. I would also play McLean playing of Thompson in the Andy Dorman role, McGowan could do with a couple of weeks on the bench.

If we play like we did on Sunday we'll get an absolute doing from this mob.

Thinking DL might stumble into a system that suits us , with Goodwin starting in central defence , Djemba Djemba as a holding midfielder , either Wilde or Teale starting , with the option to have two wide men later on in the game if required , and playing a sort of 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 system , that could go to a sort of 3 - 3 - 4 system if we are chasing a result .

Well I guess that's gotta be the plan - just a pity we're out of the Cup and out of the running for a Top Six place before Dan the Man got his Plan together!

Unless we get well & truly horsed I reckon we should probably give that line-up a couple of games to prove itself - after all M&M have proved to be well shady as a CH combo.

I am of the opinion that both our full backs need a rest. I saw mcginn play at left back at Livingston v hibs under 20s and did fine. Would go with

. Kello

Newton McGregor Goodwin mcginn

. djemba djemba

Campbell McGowan McLean wylde

. Thompson

subs. Van zanten. Naismith

. teale Kelly

. bahoken Reilly

. dillo