St Mirren V Aberdeen Top League 15/2/14

shull

They should be shitting themselves just now. Can you really see many points in the coming weeks with our fixtures ? You look to your home games but we don't even win them now. It's crap and with killie up next you would think it be winnable but I fear its a draw at best. It's very sad to see us at the min.

I don't think we'll be sitting 2nd bottom later today , but the situation could happen today or next week etc , and the way we're playing it wont be a surprise to anyone. I would imagine there would be some serious arse twitching in the BOD room should that happen.

There arse holes should have been twitching weeks ago. Edited by elvis

You weren't at the game and never seen it? :1eye:1eye:1eye

FFS stop making a cnut of yourself, take a deep breath, and stop posting your preconceived idea rather than the facts. :byebye:byebye:byebye

I was at the game faraway yes. Why. Today is not the issue it's all the other weeks of the year but you don't go so you wouldn't know how poor it's been. 7 loses in 9 is horrendous and that's only this year. As we approach the anniversary of our cup win we have won 8 games. I do not need to argue on here with you as that's what you want but the facts do not lie . Listened to the pundits and you hear a little non biased opinion. It's not good faraway and how you can't see it I don't know? Anyhow I await your witty response that somehow backs the current regime. Zzzz

It was a crap game jj but as much as we never looked like losing the fact is we have a very isolated Steven Thompson ploughing a lone furrow up front. He is 35 plays every week and needs support. I know today you can say it might be harsh to have a go at Danny fair enough but how many games have we won all year and how many more do you think we will win in the coming weeks? It's now time to realise we seem to be heading for the playoff where anything can happen.

I was at the game faraway yes. Why. Today is not the issue it's all the other weeks of the year but you don't go so you wouldn't know how poor it's been. 7 loses in 9 is horrendous and that's only this year. As we approach the anniversary of our cup win we have won 8 games. I do not need to argue on here with you as that's what you want but the facts do not lie . Listened to the pundits and you hear a little non biased opinion. It's not good faraway and how you can't see it I don't know? Anyhow I await your witty response that somehow backs the current regime. Zzzz

Apologies, another faraway balls up.

You win. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I don't think we'll be sitting 2nd bottom later today , but the situation could happen today or next week etc , and the way we're playing it wont be a surprise to anyone. I would imagine there would be some serious arse twitching in the BOD room should that happen.

billy they should be making a decision now, why leave it to late, IMO DL should of been ditched long ago.

billy they should be making a decision now, why leave it to late, IMO DL should of been ditched long ago.

Of course they should , but they're on the prayer mat every week after each game hoping that we fluke staying up to save them money. It seems that only us being in a desperate situation will move them to act !

Well, that was a bit pish.

I'm not quite sure why we didn't do better - it was a strange one. I don't think anyone in the stripes played particularly poorly, yet we offered hee haw as a unit. Aberdeen were crap, too. We had the beating of them today, but failed to create enough in the way of genuine chances.

We need to win matches like that one this afternoon. We're coasting to the end of the season as if there isn't a very real risk of us finishing in the play-off spot. Something is amiss. I wouldn't blame Danny for much today. We just lacked any real drive and incisive play.

They were totally different shouts and both in the box.

Well beaten in the end. One shot on target at home isn't good enough. Poor show.

Hey, ho. At least the manager spent the 90 minutes on the touch line.

Well beaten in the end? Kello made one save all game (the same as Langfield) and the goal came from a penalty where Djemba Djemba made contact outside the box and both players' momentum carried them inside.Sky pundits call on it was Djemba Djemba probably connected on the line of the penalty area, but to me, I thought his body and leg were just outside the box when he made contact with Pawlett. When we were chasing the game and minus McGowan we had McGregor's offside goal and Wylde's shot. I thought for most of the game we looked solid if uninspired: eg Newton and Goodwin both strengthened the defence with decent displays there, but in midfield Djemba Djemba was mostly fine at breaking play up and short passes but McGowan and Wylde were pretty much passengers as they nearly always gave the ball straight back to Aberdeen. McLean is still getting his sharpness back and I thought he competed pretty well and was involved in a lot of our better moves and half chances going forward, which just left McGinn as our one outstanding midfielder today. I think that as Djemba Djemba, McLean and Teale all get sharpness back we will get better in midfield over the next few weeks and begin to carry more of a threat going forward. Haven't seen much from Wylde to suggest he can skin a few opponents, and it is looking like all he can do is hit a ball beyond a defender and then outsprint them in a race for the ball... would rather see Campbell in ahead of Wylde and see Teale given a chance to get back to full speed.

Don't agree we were well beaten.

Game heading for 0-0 until a rash challenge.

Too many players off form and it was far too easy for Anderson.

The only time he was beaten was when McGregor was up front.

Someone said he was offside but he tucked it away well.

Kelly is tired and i'm sorry but to me Wylde hid all day on the touchline and wasn't easy to find.

Can't see where a goal is coming from at the moment

Well beaten in the end? Kello made one save all game (the same as Langfield) and the goal came from a penalty where Djemba Djemba made contact outside the box and both players' momentum carried them inside.Sky pundits call on it was Djemba Djemba probably connected on the line of the penalty area, but to me, I thought his body and leg were just outside the box when he made contact with Pawlett. When we were chasing the game and minus McGowan we had McGregor's offside goal and Wylde's shot. I thought for most of the game we looked solid if uninspired: eg Newton and Goodwin both strengthened the defence with decent displays there, but in midfield Djemba Djemba was mostly fine at breaking play up and short passes but McGowan and Wylde were pretty much passengers as they nearly always gave the ball straight back to Aberdeen. McLean is still getting his sharpness back and I thought he competed pretty well and was involved in a lot of our better moves and half chances going forward, which just left McGinn as our one outstanding midfielder today. I think that as Djemba Djemba, McLean and Teale all get sharpness back we will get better in midfield over the next few weeks and begin to carry more of a threat going forward. Haven't seen much from Wylde to suggest he can skin a few opponents, and it is looking like all he can do is hit a ball beyond a defender and then outsprint them in a race for the ball... would rather see Campbell in ahead of Wylde and see Teale given a chance to get back to full speed.

It was on the line and therefore in the box.

We ended up well beaten after competing well for most if the game. Could have been more in the end if Rooney had squared it.

One save? I remember 2 good saves in the second half.

What's an offside goal got to do with it? He was yards offside, not even a tight call.

I agree though, we set the team up well and this is the shape I would like to see us continue with.

Edited by davidg

Another game where we looked of comparable standard to the opposition (both teams struggled today) but made the crucial mistake to lose the game. It's happened too often to put it down to luck, maybe we're just not as good as some of us think.

Djemba2 still doesn't look match fit & was looking more & more off the pace before giving away the penalty. Haven't seen the TV so maybe he was a bit unlucky but being subbed 5 minutes later pretty much says it all to me. Another hard shift for Thompson, it really is an indictment of Lennon's management this season that he's played a 35-y-o striker in every game with only about 30 minutes off the park and just about all of it as a lone striker.

Should we continue with the Goodwin at CH theory at Dingwall next week - well I suppose it depends on Djemba's fitness it's not as if M&M have been a great partnership but I probably would.

Should we continue with the Goodwin at CH theory at Dingwall next week - well I suppose it depends on Djemba's fitness it's not as if M&M have been a great partnership but I probably would.

I would.

I thought Djemba had a good game until the silly booking in front of the West Stand. I'd start him next week, try get 70 good mins out of him and go with Goodwin at the back.

Tempted to stick with Newton at RB also.

Edited by davidg

I thought Goodwin and McGregor looked fairly good as a partnership with Djemba Djemba and McGinn in front of them. Aberdeen had an off day but I think that was partly down to us being solid and nullifying much of their threat.