St Mirren V Aberdeen Top League 15/2/14

shull

Is it? It seems to me that, if the club with which the player is registered agrees, he can play against them. See the clause from the SPFL rules quoted below.

Playing in matches

A Registered Player must not, except with the prior consent of the Board and the

Club to which he is Registered, play Football for any other Football club in any

competition or except with the prior consent of the Club to which he is Registered,

train with such other Football club

Sorry bud but he can't play.

"During the term of a temporary transfer, the Player concerned may not take part as a Player in the starting 11 or as being named as a substitute for the transferee Club in a League Match against the transferor Club."

This is the third week in a row we've been live on the telly (including the delayed Alba game against Hearts) and we have lost all of them so far, what chance a win on Saturday against Aberdeen?

If we lose this one it must be some kind of record.

Edited by murray street

Anyway, talking about 5 minutes, i hope campbell plays from the start. He ain't going to enjoy his football if he spends a lot of time on the bench and it won't be easy getting him back here next season.

The boy has a lot of talent.

He had 5 minutes to show us his talent the other day and f**ked it up

My thoughts on tomorrows game, for what its worth:

• Move Goodwin back into defence next to big McGregor (better option than moving Naismith central and bringing in DVZ who would get roasted).
  • Eric Double Djemba starts in the holding role, McGinn comes back in.
  • Get Campbell on from the start, out wide, with Wylde on the other flank (he'll be desperate to shine against his old club).
  • Drop Conor Newton.

Line up something like this:

Kello

Naismith Goodwin McGregor Kelly

Double Djemba

Campbell McGinn McGowan Wylde

Thommhawk

Wasn't sure who to play in the centre between Gowser and McLean but I'll stick with McGowan. Gives us at least 2 decent subs to change the game - McLean and Teale - when Danny gives them their statutory 4 mins to come on and save the game.

Teale looks some way off from being able to play a full 90 minutes, so we should probably start with Campbell on the right.

Goodwin in central defence seems a certainty, so EDD in for him is the best option. If Wylde is to play, we would need to drop someone. Newton would be my pick. He has been largely ineffective at right mid, and there are others who should start ahead of him I'm central midfield.

I would go for:

Kello

Naismith

McGregor

Goodwin

Kelly

Campbell

EDD

McGinn

Wylde

McGowan

Thompson

Bringing on Teale and McLean (with Campbell and McGowan making way, for example) with half an hour to go would be a reasonable option.

I would leave Naismith where he is for now.

My thoughts on tomorrows game, for what its worth:

• Move Goodwin back into defence next to big McGregor (better option than moving Naismith central and bringing in DVZ who would get roasted).
  • Eric Double Djemba starts in the holding role, McGinn comes back in.
  • Get Campbell on from the start, out wide, with Wylde on the other flank (he'll be desperate to shine against his old club).
  • Drop Conor Newton.

Line up something like this:

Kello

Naismith Goodwin McGregor Kelly

Double Djemba

Campbell McGinn McGowan Wylde

Thommhawk

Wasn't sure who to play in the centre between Gowser and McLean but I'll stick with McGowan. Gives us at least 2 decent subs to change the game - McLean and Teale - when Danny gives them their statutory 4 mins to come on and save the game.

SNAP!

Either great minds think alike, or we're a pair of clueless neeps. Probably best to leave others to choose....

I expect the three teams below us all to lose tomorrow, so things likely to remain the same at the bottom. If we lose yet again , and particularly if we dont score, it will take some amount of explaining from he who never leaves his dugout. I imagine he has the script already written and knows it off by heart. He ought to, its been in use for about four years.

Edited by Froggie

I expect the three teams below us all to lose tomorrow, so things likely to remain the same at the bottom. If we lose yet again , and particularly if we dont score, it will take some amount of explaining from he who never leaves his dugout. I imagine he has the script already written and knows it off by heart. He ought to, its been in use for about four years.

Well, we certainly know your script and you definitely know it off by heart........

Saw a picture of the pitch today, looks pretty wet already. Few puddles round the perimeter.

Aye, and the forecast for tonight is lots of rain/sleet. Tomorrow morning looks reasonable.

To cap things off, I was driving home from work and my window wipers chucked it!dry.png

Think maybe Gowzer will be benched tomorrow .

Kello

Naismith Goody McGregor Kelly

DD McGinn

Teale McLean Wylde

Thompson.

I thought last week that Kelly and Naismith struggled a bit and we don't really have the cover too change rest them.

This, though I'd start with Gowser instead of McLean and Campbell ready for when Teale tires. 1-0 saints Thommo.

COYS