It's Raining In The South West Of England

Kendo

I live right at the top of a hill. Go one way and it's all downhill to Dobbies Garden Centre and Westerwood hotel, go the other way and it's all downhill to Tesco Craigmarloch.

Nae' flooding here. Snows in July mind you.

Was snowing pretty hard when i drove past earlier tonight. Should we get the St.Bernards ready just in case ?

unfortunately for those affected down south, the building regs and planning controls were less stringent in englandshire than in scotland. street drainage was allowed to be discharged into brooks and streams, Councils gave permission for developments on floodplains but did not insist on the appropriate drainage because under normal weather conditions it was not needed, but when you get abnormally high amounts of rainfall together with less river dredging and ever increasing house building and higher than normal tides, somethings got to give and of course it's the inadequate drainage system that bubbles over. regs and controls are now more stringent but that doesn't help those already affected.

It is also worth pointing out that council cutbacks have meant less gulley cleaning is being done, i only have to walk round the corner of my street to find the drains are full of dirt/stones etc, and all the rainwater runs down onto lonend which floods and overflows onto the bridge road in front of the watermill hotel - then the roads dept, come out with their tanker and clear it, Now i remember when i was a lad that you quite often saw the roads dept workers going round every single drain grating and clearing out the debris, i dont see that any more - apart from when the road is already flooded

unfortunately for those affected down south, the building regs and planning controls were less stringent in englandshire than in scotland. street drainage was allowed to be discharged into brooks and streams, Councils gave permission for developments on floodplains but did not insist on the appropriate drainage because under normal weather conditions it was not needed, but when you get abnormally high amounts of rainfall together with less river dredging and ever increasing house building and higher than normal tides, somethings got to give and of course it's the inadequate drainage system that bubbles over. regs and controls are now more stringent but that doesn't help those already affected.

It is also worth pointing out that council cutbacks have meant less gulley cleaning is being done, i only have to walk round the corner of my street to find the drains are full of dirt/stones etc, and all the rainwater runs down onto lonend which floods and overflows onto the bridge road in front of the watermill hotel - then the roads dept, come out with their tanker and clear it, Now i remember when i was a lad that you quite often saw the roads dept workers going round every single drain grating and clearing out the debris, i dont see that any more - apart from when the road is already flooded

THIS

What makes I laugh is the footage from flood victims in the Thames valley. venting their spleen about who/what is to blame for this catastrophe... then wandering off to untether the £200k floating gin palace tied up at the bottom of their garden to head down to their local Keystore for some more G&T supplies...

Some of the poor buggers who built multi million pound homes on the banks of one of the most flood-liable rivers in the country have even had to take the kids out of school a week before the half term and hole up on an extended skiing trip in the french alps to avoid Bbc news reporters..!

Ffs Dave get a grip!

What makes I laugh is the footage from flood victims in the Thames valley. venting their spleen about who/what is to blame for this catastrophe... then wandering off to untether the £200k floating gin palace tied up at the bottom of their garden to head down to their local Keystore for some more G&T supplies...

Some of the poor buggers who built multi million pound homes on the banks of one of the most flood-liable rivers in the country have even had to take the kids out of school a week before the half term and hole up on an extended skiing trip in the french alps to avoid Bbc news reporters..!

WTF?

This amuses you does it?

Tens of thousands of people might lose their homes because of this and you're laughing?

It wasn't that long ago that swathes of Paisley were under several feet of water.

At the very least we should have some empathy for their plight.

You really are a trolling scumbag.

WTF?

This amuses you does it?

Tens of thousands of people might lose their homes because of this and you're laughing?

It wasn't that long ago that swathes of Paisley were under several feet of water.

At the very least we should have some empathy for their plight.

You really are a trolling scumbag.

He's on ignore Oakey but you quoting his post shows how astoundingly sad he is.

His hilarious breakdown a wee while ago, demanding his somner account be deleted, then comes back with the same pish a week or so later. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Indicating it's only the rich that are effected, as if that's some sort of "served them right" punishment shows he's badly damaged.

Also it's factually wrong as many thousands of "not so rich" people that have their lives ruined.

Just stick him on ignore, that really annoys him.

He's on ignore Oakey but you quoting his post shows how astoundingly sad he is.

His hilarious breakdown a wee while ago, demanding his somner account be deleted, then comes back with the same pish a week or so later. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Indicating it's only the rich that are effected, as if that's some sort of "served them right" punishment shows he's badly damaged.

Also it's factually wrong as many thousands of "not so rich" people that have their lives ruined.

Just stick him on ignore, that really annoys him.

It's worse than that because several people have died in this storm and there is apparently worse to come.

It simply beggars belief that anyone could find this funny.

Absolute filth.

I rarely use ignore but it might be the way to go here.

It's worse than that because several people have died in this storm and there is apparently worse to come.

It simply beggars belief that anyone could find this funny.

Absolute filth.

I rarely use ignore but it might be the way to go here.

Go on push the ignore button!

I have with you're trolling alter-ego Away-with-the-fairies-saint... and now likewise with youbye1.gifbye1.gif

Looks like you'll just have to play with yourself/selves again...

standups-eesbr-1066s.gifl.gif

I feel very sorry for folk who have had their homes ruined and had to endure the consequences for several weeks. Although my natural instincts are to welcome wet conditions, non aquatic creatures must be suffering.

One thing I doubt though is that its been wetter in these parts of England than it has been here.

I feel very sorry for folk who have had their homes ruined and had to endure the consequences for several weeks. Although my natural instincts are to welcome wet conditions, non aquatic creatures must be suffering.

One thing I doubt though is that its been wetter in these parts of England than it has been here.

There used to be a poster on here who pretended he was a cowboy and he thought he was funny..............................................