Rugby Player's Insult To Tartan Army

bobbythepink

Disgraceful comment yesterday by Cammy Mather, former Scotland International rugby player. When complaining about the "cringe-inducing, Brigadoon style pre-match revelry", he goes on to say "In the main rugby fans are an educated bunch and they are not taken in by all that nonsense. It might be fine for the Tartan Army at Hampden, but it is not right for Murrayfield. It is tacky and twee."

Surely the pre-match build-up at Murrayfield is the only good thing about the day. The team are utter shite, can't score a point, never mind score a try, or win a game.

The team is shite and the pitch is shite, infested with wee parasite worms.

Slagging the pre-match entertainment is a bit rich.

Surely the pre-match build-up at Murrayfield is the only good thing about the day. The team are utter shite, can't score a point, never mind score a try, or win a game.

The team is shite and the pitch is shite, infested with wee parasite worms.

Slagging the pre-match entertainment is a bit rich.

That's a large part of the crowd.

Disgraceful comment yesterday by Cammy Mather, former Scotland International rugby player. When complaining about the "cringe-inducing, Brigadoon style pre-match revelry", he goes on to say "In the main rugby fans are an educated bunch and they are not taken in by all that nonsense. It might be fine for the Tartan Army at Hampden, but it is not right for Murrayfield. It is tacky and twee."

It might be fine for the educated rugby masses to get spanked without reply but getting f**ked beyond belief by your opponent wouldn't be tolerated by the tartan army.

Copyright Shull - f**kem.

This sort of comment doesn't surprise me.

A whole lot, and not all I must say, of Hooray Hamishes, who think they are better than everyone else.

The Tartan Army are applauded throughout the world, although in some sections of Scotland, not so much.

The, what the f**k are Scottish rugby supporters called, are not famous except in their own minds.

Scotland have not qualified for a football tournament since 1998 and in general terms are shìte at football, it seems to me the tartan army is just an excuse for a huge piss up in foreign countries since we have no ability to perform on the international stage., I am embarrassed when I see scottish fans steaming drunk wearing cu jimmy wigs.

To me its just like orange walks, just an excuse for a big piss up.

Scotland have not qualified for a football tournament since 1998 and in general terms are shìte at football, it seems to me the tartan army is just an excuse for a huge piss up in foreign countries since we have no ability to perform on the international stage., I am embarrassed when I see scottish fans steaming drunk wearing cu jimmy wigs.

You've never been to a Scotland game have you? 1eye.gif

Sure the good old days of the 70's & 80's have long gone but the support, and they are real supporters, follow the team everywhere, no matter how the team are doing and even if they have a drink they still get tremendous welcome in almost every country. bye1.gif

PS Maybe too long down south has blurred your ability to see how to support the national team. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

You've never been to a Scotland game have you? 1eye.gif

Sure the good old days of the 70's & 80's have long gone but the support, and they are real supporters, follow the team everywhere, no matter how the team are doing and even if they have a drink they still get tremendous welcome in almost every country. bye1.gif

PS Maybe too long down south has blurred your ability to see how to support the national team. lol.gif

Late 70s and early 80s I went to see Scotland regularly, I've been to wembley 4 times,

You would agree though that the fans don't go because we are a great team?

Late 70s and early 80s I went to see Scotland regularly, I've been to wembley 4 times,

You would agree though that the fans don't go because we are a great team?

Is that a serious question? blink.png

Supporters are exactly what it says on the tin, they support the team, no matter what.

Sure the heady days, wait, I've already said that, but supporting a team is meant to be through the good and bad times.

I've had the BEST times at Scotland games, and the camaraderie is something to admire, even when we lose.

Maybe that's what makes the Tartan Army world famous, supporting the team.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? wink.png

This would be the Kiwi Cammy Mather who retired from international rugby because he couldn`t get motivated to play for Scotland ?

As shull would say ..............

f**kEM !!

Scotland have not qualified for a football tournament since 1998 and in general terms are shìte at football, it seems to me the tartan army is just an excuse for a huge piss up in foreign countries since we have no ability to perform on the international stage., I am embarrassed when Isee scottish fans steaming drunk wearing cu jimmy wigs.

Long gone are the days of the 70's & 80's at saints, of Sir. Alex Ferguson and top drawer players who were competing towards the top of the league and playing in Europe... but we're all here.

Are St. Mirren just like orange walks?

It's staggering that anyone on here could possibly get annoyed by what Mather or anyone else says.

In fairness to him though he's inferring that football fans are less wel educated than rugby fans.

Some of the posts above don't exactly fight the stereotype.

Edited by oaksoft

It's staggering that anyone on here could possibly get annoyed by what Mather or anyone else says.

In fairness to him though he's inferring that football fans are less wel educated than rugby fans.

Some of the posts above don't exactly fight the stereotype.

Thanks for the clarification. I clearly wasn't sufficiently well educated to appreciate what Mather was getting at !!oops.gif

(but I can spell "well" )

Edited by bobbythepink