Poor Bidco..!

Lord Pityme

The news yesterday that Ann Budge is putting up £2.5m to buy Bidco (Formerly known as Hertz) was greeted with joy by many Jambos...

Until they realised they would be putting in £3.8m to supplement all the other revenue just to run the club, and Ann will automatically have 100% ownership, and run the club, pay in a £1m to get them oot the immediate shit, then the fans will have to stump up £6m effectively to buy her back out in five years time....

talk about a clusterf**k of fan ownership models.... to top that she's bringing in Craig Levein to replace Locke...

Many jambos are raging that this is not what they thought their DD were destined for (i.e. living beyond their means again), they thought their DD's were buying shares (fan ownership) and all their purchases of additional ST, club shop, hospitality, matchday tix etc would go to towards running the club...

Seems they've gone for the Sevco business plan which is such a rip-roaring success....

This is what happens when you don't drill down for the detail when A.N.Other rides into town and say we can have fan ownership, you give me all your money and I promise I'll have grants and soft loans to add coming oot my ears...

It'll be an intersting watch from now on another raging clusterf**k by supporters direct (maybe they should have a more appropriate name like "Debit's Direct")

I always thought the phrase "Fan Ownership" was what it said on the tin.... silly me.

Edited by Lord Pityme

The news yesterday that Ann Budge is putting up £2.5m to buy Bidco (Formerly known as Hertz) was greeted with joy by many Jambos...

Until they realised they would be putting in £3.8m to supplement all the other revenue just to run the club, and Ann will automatically have 100% ownership, and run the club, pay in a £1m to get them oot the immediate shit, then the fans will have to stump up £6m effectively to buy her back out in five years time....

talk about a clusterf**k of fan ownership models.... to top that she's bringing in Craig Levein to replace Locke...

Many jambos are raging that this is not what they thought their DD were destined for (i.e. living beyond their means again), they thought their DD's were buying shares (fan ownership) and all their purchases of additional ST, club shop, hospitality, matchday tix etc would go to towards running the club...

Seems they've gone for the Sevco business plan which is such a rip-roaring success....

This is what happens when you don't drill down for the detail when A.N.Other rides into town and say we can have fan ownership, you give me all your money and I promise I'll have grants and soft loans to add coming oot my ears...

It'll be an intersting watch from now on another raging clusterf**k by supporters direct (maybe they should have a more appropriate name like "Debit's Direct")

I always thought the phrase "Fan Ownership" was what it said on the tin.... silly me.

The Fergus MaCann method ,he walked away from the Sellick with a lot more than he put in ,maybe the Sellick fans should have a Flat Cap day too celebrate hm.

Sorry Lord Pityme....

I have been unable to find raging Jambos...

I've been on Jambos Kickback and they are in unison about Levein being a good man for the job, given his past experience and notwithstanding his Scotland blip....

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/136625-craig-levein-new-manager/

They are healthily discussing the intricacies of the Ann Budge funding scheme but are 99% grateful for the woman's intervention with the necessary funds.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/120586-ann-budge/page__st__350

Necessary funds if, as expected/hoped, Bidco actually take over in 6-8 weeks. Her money will then RUN the club: fans money has been put in to EVENTUALLY BUY the club. Buying the add-ons that you suggest LP, would go no way to running a club.

They have no handy lump sum lying about to run it at the moment - so her intervention is necessary.

I am pleased to see them being healthily sceptical about this intervention. Just as I was pleased that unlike sevco fans (Happy Birthday, btw - 2 years old today! smile.png ), Hearts fans accepted the wrong manner in which their club had got into the shit and took responsibility upon themselves to try clambering back out of it.

No triumphalism, no buying your way through the diddy leagues, no waiting listlessly and looking for a Sugar Daddy on a big white horse to charge to the rescue. They are aware that this will be a costly and sometimes painful jouney but most still seem signed up for it.

Edited by bluto

The Fergus MaCann method ,he walked away from the Sellick with a lot more than he put in ,maybe the Sellick fans should have a Flat Cap day too celebrate hm.

There will be - next year. (?)

I saw that he has been invited over for exactly that reason - celebration - mibbe no the flat caps.

they couldnae be so cool. smile.png

ETA: Aye, here it is. He'll be over for first home game next season.

The link shows he may bring his own flat cap...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2553567/Celtic-saviour-Fergus-McCann-set-Parkhead-return-mark-timely-intervention.html

Edited by bluto

Sorry Lord Pityme....

I've been on Jambos Kickback and they are in unison about Levein being a good man for the job, given his past experience and notwithstanding his Scotland blip....

They are healthily discussing the intricacies of the Ann Budge funding scheme but are 99% grateful for the woman's intervention with the necessary funds.

Necessary funds if, as expected/hoped, Bidco actually take over in 6-8 weeks. Her money will then RUN the club: fans money has been put in to EVENTUALLY BUY the club. Buying the add-ons that you suggest LP, would go no way to running a club.

They have no handy lump sum lying about to run it at the moment - so her intervention is necessary.

I am pleased to see them being healthily sceptical about this intervention. Just as I was pleased that unlike sevco fans (Happy Birthday, btw - 2 years old today! smile.png ), Hearts fans accepted the wrong manner in which their club had got into the shit and took responsibility upon themselves to try clambering back out of it.

No triumpalism, no buying your way through the diddy leagues, no waiting listlessly and looking for a Sugar Daddy on a big white horse to charge to the rescue. They are aware that this will be a costly and sometimes painful jouney but most still seem signed up for it.

Whit?

Somners failed to dramatize another subject?

What's next, breakdown? lol.gif

At the end of the day Hearts need £2.5m in hard cash to complete the purchase of their club, and they need it now.

Way I understand it is BIDCO is the company that has been formed to buy the shares and thus BIDCO will initially own the club.

BIDCO is owned by Ann Budge who has put the £2.5m in.

The fans will then pay back the money to BIDCO (after an initial 2 year period of no payments) who in turn will transfer the shares to the fans.

The fans will then own the club.

Total timescale about 5 years.

I'm not sure what other way they could have done it without liquidating the company. No way that 7000 Hearts fans (who have currently subscribed to the FOH) could have raised £2.5m inside 6 months.

Sorry Lord Pityme....

No triumpalism, no buying your way through the diddy leagues, no waiting listlessly and looking for a Sugar Daddy on a big white horse to charge to the rescue. They are aware that this will be a costly and sometimes painful jouney but most still seem signed up for it.

Sorry Mr B your wrong on a few counts...

• I didn't say anyone was raging about Craig levein... (although they should be)
  • Taking a 'satisfaction' sample from a fans website is as you should know wholly unrepresentative of the majority
  • yes they do have a lump sum available, and the very presence of live DD's would enable them to borrow what is required to bridge the gap of buying the club for £2.5m... then running it within it's means
  • the main point.... the fans DD (£3.8m over 2 years) in FoH will be used to as additional funds to run the club. that is the fans cash will be lobbed in with all other revenue (St's/Tix/Pies/tops etc...) to run a championship club on a premiership budget.... Budge is putting in £1m straight away and wants it all paid back... i.e. £6million

The point being the fans money is being used to run a club beyond it's means, that being their DD's will be used on top of whatever the club generates, and it won't buy them a single share, whilst Budge sits on 100%....

Now that might seem like a good deal to you? But it doesn't to alot of people who have effectively kept this club afloat till someone else could buy it. Then their cash is being used to run it, till they can save enough to buy Budge out....

Read the small detail available, she is not tied to handing it back to them by a given date unless she wants to. If they don't get promotion next season how many will keep funding her club and buying St's etc..?

There's alot of guarantees in place for Budge... she owns 100% till she gets the money back, or not. the fans have to stump up £3.8m just to be allowed to buy her out costing them £6million to do a deal for something that is being sold for £2.5m

I would disagree.

• I didn't say anyone was raging about Craig levein... (although they should be)
  • And I never specified the lack of raging was specifically concerning Levein. You took a pot shot at him, en route, and I offered the opposite from the people directly affected. (They aren't) And then I addressed the subject of raging over the Budge plan, There's none from the evidence I offered.
  • Taking a 'satisfaction' sample from a fans website is as you should know wholly unrepresentative of the majority
  • Perhaps... but it is a wide-ranging, articulate and as-satisfied-as-can-be-in-the-circs sample. Much more credible than your Buddie opinion, on a fans website, ironically.... smile.png
  • yes they do have a lump sum available, and the very presence of live DD's would enable them to borrow what is required to bridge the gap of buying the club for £2.5m... then running it within it's means
  • Currently they have about £700,000 - which is amazing already, but not enough. So... use your DDs to borrow. That would make perfect sense if you get a lender who would let you borrow, and even better than perfect sense if the lender would offer the bridging loan at, say 0%? That would certainly help in 'running within its means' Or would it? More likely there would be a punitive cost for the loan and we're back at sevco financial madness.
  • the main point.... the fans DD (£3.8m over 2 years) in FoH will be used to as additional funds to run the club. that is the fans cash will be lobbed in with all other revenue (St's/Tix/Pies/tops etc...) to run a championship club on a premiership budget.... Budge is putting in £1m straight away and wants it all paid back... i.e. £6million
  • As I also said, the fans are being realistic, critical and analytical about this. It's a rock and a hard place, but Budge, a confirmed Jambo, has fronted up and offered her undoubted skills to make this work - as Linwood Buddie said - it's kinda like McCann's tough love for Shellic. She IS a saviour in the right colours, they feel

The point being the fans money is being used to run a club beyond it's means, that being their DD's will be used on top of whatever the club generates, and it won't buy them a single share, whilst Budge sits on 100%....

And yes, there is a demand that the club is not run on the outrageous sevco financial model

Now that might seem like a good deal to you? But it doesn't to alot of people who have effectively kept this club afloat till someone else could buy it. Then their cash is being used to run it, till they can save enough to buy Budge out....

All I can say is that the Hearts fans I have heard from on the subject, on the Jambo Kickbacks and TSFM, ARE minded to think it's the best 'deal' they've had for some time.

Read the small detail available, she is not tied to handing it back to them by a given date unless she wants to. If they don't get promotion next season how many will keep funding her club and buying St's etc..?

There's alot of guarantees in place for Budge... she owns 100% till she gets the money back, or not. the fans have to stump up £3.8m just to be allowed to buy her out costing them £6million to do a deal for something that is being sold for £2.5m

So she should just pony up a few mill and STFU? Sigh...

Look, Lord, I know this is your pet subject/hot button but I am more prepared to accept the wit and wisdom of Hearts fans (the links I gave, offer HUNDREDS of posts) than I am to give credibility to the spurious claims of a solitary Buddie, with an agenda.

You made assertions of how Hearts fans feel.

I offered EVIDENCE that perhaps you were being creative about how they felt.

You persist with your FEELINGS on the matter - no Jambo quotes, no Jambo references.

There must be better ways for us to waste a wet, windy Friday afternoon...

Edited by bluto

How is Ann Budge being repaid £6m ?

The first two years there is no repayments being made to BIDCO so that Hearts can repair the damage done to the club. That money doesn't go to BIDCO, it doesn't go to Ann Budge, it goes to the club ?

I think the crux of your point is valid however. Hearts fans are being asked to stump up £6m over a 5 year period to keep the club going and to buy the shares. That sounds very ambitious to me and I don't see why the club can't just live off it's own revenue without having to ask for £1.4m a year extra from the fans.

Look, Lord, I know this is your pet subject/hot button but I am more prepared to accept the wit and wisdom of Hearts fans (the links I gave, offer HUNDREDS of posts) than I am to give credibility to the spurious claims of a solitary Buddie, with an agenda.

I offered EVIDENCE that perhaps you were being creative about how they felt.

You persist with your FEELINGS on the matter - no Jambo quotes, no Jambo references.

There must be better ways for us to waste a wet, windy Friday afternoon...

A few hundred posts made by as on here 10-20 blokes isn't a representative sample....

The jambos I am talking about are pissed off now they realise all the while they were being encouraged by FOH (pre admin) to buy up additional ST's, shake the can, hold the tombola etc etc.... regardless what might happen.

Now know they were funding the club till Budge could buy it for £2.5m....!

Think they would easily have made that £700k up to £2.5m if they hadn't been throwing good money after bad to fit Budge's business model for over a year.

The alternative, that many jambos favoured was to liquidate, buy the name and start afresh away from tynecastle and all its associated liabilities.

with their support, their £700k and ongoing DD's they could have done what Coventry did and simply up sticks (although no need to leave the county) ground share and they would own the club 100%, the SPFL would bring them back in league two and they would progress up the leagues whilst building the bank balance and sorting out a new ground.

Now with the figures involved, with the business plan to run a championship team on a premiership budget with all the resulting loss of income, with the time scales involevd till the fans actually own the club, and whatever is round the corner they look set to emulate Sevco, when they could have been in charge of their own destiny

edit: i think the creditors in Lithuania may have a change of 'hearts' when they see how much more cash is being talked about and they stand to get buttons once the Administrators here and there have had their slice of the £2.5m

Edited by Lord Pityme

A few hundred posts made by as on here 10-20 blokes isn't a representative sample....

The jambos I am talking about are pissed off now they realise all the while they were being encouraged by FOH (pre admin) to buy up additional ST's, shake the can, hold the tombola etc etc.... regardless what might happen.

Now know they were funding the club till Budge could buy it for £2.5m....!

Think they would easily have made that £700k up to £2.5m if they hadn't been throwing good money after bad to fit Budge's business model for over a year.

The alternative, that many jambos favoured was to liquidate, buy the name and start afresh away from tynecastle and all its associated liabilities.

with their support, their £700k and ongoing DD's they could have done what Coventry did and simply up sticks (although no need to leave the county) ground share and they would own the club 100%, the SPFL would bring them back in league two and they would progress up the leagues whilst building the bank balance and sorting out a new ground.

Now with the figures involved, with the business plan to run a championship team on a premiership budget with all the resulting loss of income, with the time scales involevd till the fans actually own the club, and whatever is round the corner they look set to emulate Sevco, when they could have been in charge of their own destiny

edit: i think the creditors in Lithuania may have a change of 'hearts' when they see how much more cash is being talked about and they stand to get buttons once the Administrators here and there have had their slice of the £2.5m

There's your problem, right there, in maroon... :)

It's ONLY you talking.

There's your problem, right there, in maroon... smile.png

It's ONLY you talking.

took your advice to look at KickBack... here it is in maroon!

Posted Today, 13:23

snapback.pngdavemclaren, on 14 February 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

That's not true. Alex Mackie said the funds would also provide additional ongoing income.

I was at a Q&A session at the Gorgie Suite where Ian Murray said that once ownership had been delivered then they would look at financing other projects, e.g. the Academy, but not to use the funds for day to day running of the club.

and again...

snapback.pngGeoff Kilpatrick, on 14 February 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Ok, so what happens if we decide not to provide the working capital? Some have said this is not what they signed up for, and I can understand why.

and again....

Posted Today, 13:31

snapback.pngCut The Crap, on 14 February 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

I think it's explained in a post further back.

When we come out of admin we will have neither cash in the bank nor credit line. We need this working capital to smooth over any bumps until we can start operating like a normal business again.

If it's effectively a contingency budget, I have no issue with that. But it shouldn't have to be used unless in an emergency and if it isn't used then the transfer should be possible after year 2.

Given we're in the situation we're in now because it's had to be a frying pan to fire transition for the last few transfers of ownership, I think in advance is the best time to raise these areas.

and again...

Posted Today, 13:47

snapback.pngFootballfirst, on 14 February 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

I was at a Q&A session at the Gorgie Suite where Ian Murray said that once ownership had been delivered then they would look at financing other projects, e.g. the Academy, but not to use the funds for day to day running of the club.

That was definitely said that night as I was also there. It was stated on more than one occassion.

I am not too concerned at the moment as I am sure there will be an explanation to follow. But the goalposts have been moved here. No denying it.

#483 1874robbo

They don't all seem happy jambos to me..!

Edited by Lord Pityme

and again...

Posted Today, 14:25

snapback.png1874robbo, on 14 February 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

Doctor jambo, you want her to hand over the club on 5 years regardless if she's been paid back her outlay or not?
What planet are you on?

It does not perterb you in the slightest that we are moving from one owner with total power to another?
And if the time frame moves again to 10 years- you still happy?
Or, under her chairpersonage debts start to build up and transfer does not happen?
You are not concerned by this AT ALL?
It would not seem unraesonable that as the person - the sole director- with the power to make / break us that she guarantees that if she totally messes it up she gives the whole shoot and match over after a fixed period

and again...

Posted Today, 12:41

the worry for me is that we may be doing a sevco, running hearts as a premier league club when in fact we don't need to.

Dundee, Falkirk and Hamilton, the leading clubs in the championship have a turnover of just under £2m. So their player budgets won't be over £1.4m. FOH are now saying we will be paying £1.4m per year into the club. That will be in addition to the turnover of the club which surely will be about £4m. Why such a hefty amount unless there are huge expenses in the background we know nothing about? No problem with part of the direct debits going in to supplement the club during the time we are in championship but it does feel like that is an awful lot when in actual fact we (FOH) should be trying to get control of the club asap, this after all was pretty much their mission statement.

And remember, the club itself on exiting CVA will have pretty much no debt.

Just a little more clarity on why FOH are pumping the cash into Hearts first rather than trying to gain control of the club would be nice.
and again....
Because for me the club has to work within it's means, people are saying we should never be in this position again but the first thing we are doing is pumping extra cash into the club and we have no information as to why. So what happens in year 3 when the loan starts to get repaid and that extra cash isn't there anymore?

Surely the club and FOH finances should remain separate until such times as FOH has control? Think about this another way, £1.4m for 2 years = ownership of the club yet instead it is supplementing Hearts, but to do what? Get better players? In a league which we will have the second best player budget anyway? Build a new stand? All I am asking for is clarity on what that money is actually going to be used for. The club is leaning on the fans yet again for finance but to achieve what exactly?

I am happy for the money to go to Hearts FC but all I ask is what it's being used for. At the moment it is total speculation.

I was hopeful that 3 years from now the elected chair of FOH would be addressing a full Wheatfield stand of FOH members what was going on with their club, what the issues were and what the plans were for the future and everyone voting on proposals. Instead we are now 5 years away from this with pretty much no say in the club up until that point.
at least some of them want to drill down... after all aren't they supposed to be the designate owners of this business?
Edited by Lord Pityme

That must be the only instance where those words have been used in the context of Kickback.

took your advice to look at KickBack... here it is in maroon!

Posted Today, 13:23

They don't all seem happy jambos to me..!

I would agree.

Which is why I said in my initial post that they were being "healthily sceptical". Not raging jambos.

It's also why I said, "a costly and sometimes painful jouney but most still seem signed up for it."

Again, not happy jambos, not ALL of them, but certainly not raging Jambos.

I offered the links, that I am glad you used, so that the full range of emotion could be assessed by neutral others. It's a wee shame you used that facility to select a few posts that support your idea of 'raging'.

Edited by bluto

and again...

at least some of them want to drill down... after all aren't they supposed to be the designate owners of this business?

Again, I DID say they were "healthily sceptical". Does it not count unless I use jargon like "drill down", or do you just not read responses...?

They may well be 'designate owners of this business' in your mind but the reality is, there may well be no business. The Hearts fans are doing their best. Their best currently is: "around 7,800 pledgers each of whom pay monthly DDs of £10 upwards. I believe that the average is around £16". It's a good community effort, but probably not good enough.

I am a socialist, have always been. Some might call me a believer in "designate socialism", but that hasn't helped it come into fruition.

I recognise Ann Budge as being something like McCann or Stewart Gilmour: a fan with deep pockets and a screwed-on Capitalist head.

I wish her well. If she does well out of it, then I believe Hearts may emerge on a firm footing.

Edited by bluto

Be Careful What You Wish For!

As Hertz fans continue to debate whether having one rich benafactor put up the cash to buy the club, and then expect the fans to cough up the readies to buy it back and fund it until such time as they can afford to buy it... is a good deal compared to liquidating, getting it for hee-haw and starting again in League 2 debt free...

look at the situation Well fans find themselves in, their disagreement, and realising they may have been sold the 'PuP' version of fan ownership too...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26251662

Well are living way beyond their means if they can't make the seasons they just had pay, Hertz are geared up for more of the same... don't you think we dodged a bullet by not taking on £2million of debt, and having to fund a 300-500k shortfall each season?

No doubt the Sevconians will throw their cash at the next spiv through the doors without taking the trouble to drill down for the detailed plan, seeking the full picture, knowing exactly the liabilties that are coming, and not being taken in by the holy hype!

How many fans were saints offered on the BoD..? Not enough to out vote eejits gambling in a business they know hee-haw about.

Be Careful What You Wish For!

As Hertz fans continue to debate whether having one rich benafactor put up the cash to buy the club, and then expect the fans to cough up the readies to buy it back and fund it until such time as they can afford to buy it... is a good deal compared to liquidating, getting it for hee-haw and starting again in League 2 debt free...

look at the situation Well fans find themselves in, their disagreement, and realising they may have been sold the 'PuP' version of fan ownership too...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26251662

Well are living way beyond their means if they can't make the seasons they just had pay, Hertz are geared up for more of the same... don't you think we dodged a bullet by not taking on £2million of debt, and having to fund a 300-500k shortfall each season?

No doubt the Sevconians will throw their cash at the next spiv through the doors without taking the trouble to drill down for the detailed plan, seeking the full picture, knowing exactly the liabilties that are coming, and not being taken in by the holy hype!

How many fans were saints offered on the BoD..? Not enough to out vote eejits gambling in a business they know hee-haw about.

Interesting that Motherwell posted a loss after the prize money for finishing 2nd was cut without warning by £900k mid-season. I'm sure they'll adjust by cutting their budget to match their expected income and prize money. If the prize money had stayed at its expected level they would have posted a £700k profit. Lawwell and Doncaster etc have a lot to answer for!

Interesting that Motherwell posted a loss after the prize money for finishing 2nd was cut without warning by £900k mid-season. I'm sure they'll adjust by cutting their budget to match their expected income and prize money. If the prize money had stayed at its expected level they would have posted a £700k profit. Lawwell and Doncaster etc have a lot to answer for!

Motherwell would not of budgeted for finishing 2nd I don`t think. Their losses are typical and expected I would guess.

Valid point though on the fact they would of posted pre-tax profit If the `prize money` was not adjusted.

If any team break even they have done well , but it`s time they (most Scottish clubs) took a leaf out of our book and lived within their means.

I am glad our BOD do not bow to the `demands` of keyboard warriors wishing us to break the bank for a transfer fee or a wage.