Saints Away At The Dingwall Tramps.....

John Robertson gave the impression that Derek Adams went into St. Mirren techincal area screaming and ranting at Danny Lennon but it wasn't like that at all. Danny appeared to be giving as good as he was receiving from Adams to be honest.

Robertson was right. Alba was showing replays while Adams was on the rampage. He ran onto the pitch more than once and jumping over to our technical area confronting Lennon. Tommy Craig had to restrain him. I've no idea why Lennon was sent to the stand. Adams was a disgrace, yet again.

Djemba Djemba was fouled for the first goal , Tidser was looking at the ref to see what the decision was , before running for the pass , he knew he had committed a foul

Clutching at straws here,there was contact but not enough for him to lost his footing.

There was more contact in their second goal but no one rightly so is saying that was a foul also.

Are we doing any sprint training?

Richie Brittain was one of the slowest players i have ever seen at Love Street gave our players a clean pair of heels here.

A shocking performance bar Kello here

Clutching at straws here,there was contact but not enough for him to lost his footing.

There was more contact in their second goal but no one rightly so is saying that was a foul also.

Are we doing any sprint training?

Richie Brittain was one of the slowest players i have ever seen at Love Street gave our players a clean pair of heels here.

A shocking performance bar Kello here

It was a foul nonetheless, and Tidser's reaction shows he thought so too.

After seeing the ref wave play on, he then runs forward to make the pass to the goal scorer.

I do agree that the second one wasn't a foul... but if Goodwin has stayed on his feet and Brittain had fallen, I've a feeling a foul would have been given.

After seeing the ref wave play on, he then runs forward to make the pass to the goal scorer.

I do agree that the second one wasn't a foul... but if Goodwin has stayed on his feet and Brittain had fallen, I've a feeling a foul would have been given.

Tidser did glance towards the referee and that's usually a sign a player is worried about a challenge being called foul and maybe on a different Saturday we'd have got the benefit but I don't reckon it was a foul.

Tidser did glance towards the referee and that's usually a sign a player is worried about a challenge being called foul and maybe on a different Saturday we'd have got the benefit but I don't reckon it was a foul.

And maybe a less anti St Mirren BBC , would have highlighted it in their match summary

The Sportscene producer is a St Mirren fan.

So, apparently, is Craig Thomson - you'd never have know it at Tannadice a couple of weeks ago though.

I daresay other teams see the same things about their clubs, but so many times it feels like highlights we'd want to see of incidents or action favouring us don't appear, yet they seem to go out of their way to highlight stuff that doesn't favour us.

I watched the last 10 mintues of the Hearts v Celtic game, and Paterson (I think) caught Mulgrew in the face with a flailing arm - and two minutes later does another bad tackle. No idea what he'd done in the previous 80 minutes, but no card for either - and no discussion of it on Sportscene.

Same as last week when Shaunnesy caught McGinn in the first 5 minutes - no foul given (as with Goodwin's first 'incident' yesterday) but no big deal made about it on Sportscene.

If you know the producer, can you ask him why they choose to highlight some incidents, but others that are similar get ignored?

Edited by Bobby_F

I find the whole BBC 'anti st mirren' agenda hilarious. Do you think the BBC Sportscene producer/editor gives a flying f'ck about St Mirren?

There was no foul on Djemba Djemba, anyone who thinks that was a foul is clearly blinded by their black and white specs.

There's some people who do have an agenda against St Mirren.

A couple a weeks ago they showed Goodwin(who else) picking up a yellow for a nothing tackle.

The commentator doing the game was saying he's very lucky to not pick a red for a terrible tackle.

That night on Sportscene who usually show the same highlights had it deleted.

Someone must have seen the bias and decided not to show it

But last week in a terrible game which had few highlights they decided not to show the very good penalty kick claim we had.

The one John McGinn was clearly fouled

So depends who's in charge of the editing

Some of the people that think there's any sort of agenda against St. Mirren need their head looked at. It's the sort of thing two teams in particular have banded about for years, and have always been laughed at for.

If Goodwin didn't commit so many stupid fouls, he wouldn't be mentioned at all. They nearly always involved stupid movements of his arms, from pretending he's a goalkeeper to a fore arm smash.

He's only himself to blame. The main problem for me, is he's too often a liability and hasn't performed well enough this season.

Was never a foul, if anything Djembe2 puts his hand towards the county player then dives. The County player had a look of "wtf is he all about "when he looked at the ref.

Sometimes the ref gets it right and it isn't our favour.

There's some people who do have an agenda against St Mirren.

A couple a weeks ago they showed Goodwin(who else) picking up a yellow for a nothing tackle.

The commentator doing the game was saying he's very lucky to not pick a red for a terrible tackle.

That night on Sportscene who usually show the same highlights had it deleted.

Someone must have seen the bias and decided not to show it

But last week in a terrible game which had few highlights they decided not to show the very good penalty kick claim we had.

The one John McGinn was clearly fouled

So depends who's in charge of the editing

Correct on both, but especially the latter.

Especially galling when the game was decided on a penalty that was a lot more contentious (WRT being in the box or not) than McGinn's.

He was completely taken out of the play, well inside the box, at 0-0 but hey, let's not bother mentioning it.

Was never a foul, if anything Djembe2 puts his hand towards the county player then dives. The County player had a look of "wtf is he all about "when he looked at the ref.

Sometimes the ref gets it right and it isn't our favour.

I actually thought he looked worried, but even if he did the 'WTF', it's not unusual for professional footballers to kick their opponents up in the air, and then plead their innocence.

To me, it was a foul - soft, but a foul nonetheless.

Just watched the highlights there.

What a horrible experience.

We looked like BB team running about with no purpose and our defending was woeful. thumbdown.gif

Talking of BB matches and the like, we've sat at SMP and looked on in bewilderment as our 'keeper lines up a kick out and every outfield player congregates out on the left-hand side of the pitch - leaving the entire right side devoid of any player, of either team. It is bizarre to see this approach which looks more at home in a primary school playgroundblink.png

It puts me in mind of the Chris Brookmyre, School Fitba piece:

All but perhaps four of the participants (see also Offside) migrate en masse from one area of the pitch to another, following the ball, and it is tactically vital that every last one of them remains within a ten-yard radius of it at all times.

http://www.londonhearts.com/humour/schoolfitba.htm

This remains one of the funniest (and most accurate) things I can remember reading - up there with Spud's interview in Trainspotting.

Edited by Drew

Watched most of the other games , defending does not seem to be a strong point in the spfl at the moment !!

Has anyone managed to find any footage on BBC Alba or Sportscene of Conor Newton anywhere in shot for the build up to County's 2nd goal? The defence being posted all over the shop seemed to stem from Newton being nowhere to be seen when the ball was punted down his flank. Goodwin went to cover for him and everyone else seemed to get pulled out of position.

Talking of BB matches and the like, we've sat at SMP and looked on in bewilderment as our 'keeper lines up a kick out and every outfield player congregates out on the left-hand side of the pitch - leaving the entire right side devoid of any player, of either team. It is bizarre to see this approach which looks more at home in a primary school playgroundblink.png

It puts me in mind of the Chris Brookmyre, School Fitba piece:

All but perhaps four of the participants (see also Offside) migrate en masse from one area of the pitch to another, following the ball, and it is tactically vital that every last one of them remains within a ten-yard radius of it at all times.

http://www.londonhearts.com/humour/schoolfitba.htm

This remains one of the funniest (and most accurate) things I can remember reading - up there with Spud's interview in Trainspotting.

That has always baffled me why someone doesn't run over to the other side at the last minute and run onto the keeper kick. It happens at all levels though not just at saints.