Saints Away At The Dingwall Tramps.....

Wylde put in one decent cross in the second half and even that was hit beyond everyone... a liability defensively, barely tracks back and when he does he often gives away stupid free kicks through failure to put in a proper tackle. Really poor going forward, must only find a St Mirren player about 10% of the time.

Wish we would stop the Isabella Duke long ball tactics... we are by passing the bit of the team where we have the most strength (McLean, McGinn, McGowan) and all that is happening is Thommo and Magennis are left isolated trying to reach 70 yard hoofs at full stretch 30 yards out with their backs to goal.

I know Campbell is not a direct replacement for Wylde but surely we must be able to find some formation that would allow Campbell who is a goalscoring threat at this level to play.

I told some fellow forumsters at a recent game that Wylde would prove to be the next Jim Gardner , they didn't agree. I will be proven correct in time. The guy on twitter who said on the day we signed him that "Wylde has made a career out of running fast in a straight line" was spot on !

Derek Adams job is to do the best for his team, to me that includes reducing the effectiveness of a key player for one of their immediate rivals - gamesmanship from Adams sure but I wouldn't rate it as odious - nothing personal, just business! You could argue the touchline bust-up won County the match as Goodwin clearly came of the worse from the clash of heads and I reckon he would not have been so easily brushed away had he been fully fit. Possibly it was hindsight when I was watching 'cos I knew what was coming up but I reckon Goodwin should've been subbed straight away.

PS - You could clearly see Adams just behind the dugouts giving instructions to a minion after he had been sent to the stand - perhaps we should complain about that.

I wonder if you're giving Derek Adams a bit too much credit.

At the pinnacle of his club's history, when they'd just beaten Celtic at Hampden to reach the Scottish Cup final; far from being overcome with elation and pride, he spent his first interview on the pitch ranting an raving like a looney, wittering on about how everyone had been saying Celtic were going to win, etc. He was an up and coming manager,and was being tipped for bigger jobs at the time. If I'd been thinking about recruiting him that interview would have set alarm bells ringing in my mind.

I don't think he's got Fergie-like mind games in him, I think he's just a f*cking weirdo.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

Yesterdays starting line up was pretty much as good as we have. There were hysterical cries for Campbell to be played against big strong defenders which is surprising as he was almost invisible against Celtic in Paisley who had big strong defenders. 1eye.gif This hysteria seems to suggest he's the new Messi.

Yeah, Ross County's defence is comparable to Celtic's. Laughable comment.

I told some fellow forumsters at a recent game that Wylde would prove to be the next Jim Gardner , they didn't agree. I will be proven correct in time. The guy on twitter who said on the day we signed him that "Wylde has made a career out of running fast in a straight line" was spot on !

Have to agree to a certain extent, Wylde seems to have the heart of a mouse. There is a good player in there, but he sems to work with no connection to his team mates. The guy needs to take a good look at himself and show a change of attitude

I was quoting another forum members view that Ross Counties defence were big and strong, like Celtic.

Wasn't comparing skill.

Thanks for your input, you shouldnae have bothered. bye1.gif

Well then, you've re-iterated someone else's moronic comment, well done - doesn't make you any less clueless. Most defences are big and strong, apart from ours. I'm sure Adam's used to playing against guys bigger than him.

Attend some games and your knowledge of the situation may improve. Probably not though. bye1.gif

Edited by ScotstounSaint

Well then, you've re-iterated someone else's moronic comment, well done - doesn't make you any less clueless. Most defences are big and strong, apart from ours. I'm sure Adam's used to playing against guys bigger than him.

Attend some games and your knowledge of the situation may improve. Probably not though. bye1.gif

Ah, another who thinks because he turns up, shouts shite he's a football genius and nobody else can have a say, although the forums full, or is that FOOL, of your type.

Nice you call him Adam, lol.gif maybe ask him how got an against Celtic in Paisley?

Run along. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I was quoting another forum members view that Ross Counties defence were big and strong, like Celtic.

Wasn't comparing skill.

Thanks for your input, you shouldnae have bothered. bye1.gif

Our problem is we didn't stretch their defence, or midfield, to do any damage. High balls to McGennis and Thommo were wasted.

Ah, another who thinks because he turns up, shouts shite he's a football genius and nobody else can have a say, although the forums full, or is that FOOL, of your type.

Nice you call him Adam, lol.gif maybe ask him how got an against Celtic in Paisley?

Run along. bye1.gif

Got on against Celtic.

How many clean sheets in the league have they got in a row.

The boy has scored 2 goals in little game time he has had.

He will get goals if given a decent run.

At the moment it's hit and hope to Thommo

Got on against Celtic.

How many clean sheets in the league have they got in a row.

The boy has scored 2 goals in little game time he has had.

He will get goals if given a decent run.

At the moment it's hit and hope to Thommo

He's started 6 games, scored 2 goals.

In our team, not bad but not to be mixed up with our saviour.

How many players seem to get praised when there not playing yet when they play they tend not to contribute very much?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm of the opinion, I'm allowed one aren't I, that he's useful but he's had a few games he's been invisible, and he's not alone in our team of great players. whistling.gif

He's started 6 games, scored 2 goals.

In our team, not bad but not to be mixed up with our saviour.

How many players seem to get praised when there not playing yet when they play they tend not to contribute very much?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm of the opinion, I'm allowed one aren't I, that he's useful but he's had a few games he's been invisible, and he's not alone in our team of great players. whistling.gif

The relevant point is that it's better than Wylde's record. Campbell seems to offer more to the team as a whole, now that's just my opinion but it seems to me we're back to where we were last autumn with Lennon desperately hoping that his permanent signing Wylde will come good while leaving the better option on the bench.

The relevant point is that it's better than Wylde's record. Campbell seems to offer more to the team as a whole, now that's just my opinion but it seems to me we're back to where we were last autumn with Lennon desperately hoping that his permanent signing Wylde will come good while leaving the better option on the bench.

Could well be the case.

Only "seen" Wylde against Hearts and thought he showed decent potential but since then he's been disappointing.

Circles again. wink.png

Wylde reminds me of Carey. Does a good thing and then over-hits from the wing. Yesterday was all wrong from the start with DL's team selection by trying to snuff out County's Kiss and Arquin and would've been better with Campbell with wayward knock downs from Magennis, homing in on goal.I don't know if anyone noticed (and I know some blame Djemba for the first goal) that it was a blatant foul on Djemba in which he lost the ball and cost us the goal

Wylde put in one decent cross in the second half and even that was hit beyond everyone... a liability defensively, barely tracks back and when he does he often gives away stupid free kicks through failure to put in a proper tackle. Really poor going forward, must only find a St Mirren player about 10% of the time.

Wish we would stop the Isabella Duke long ball tactics... we are by passing the bit of the team where we have the most strength (McLean, McGinn, McGowan) and all that is happening is Thommo and Magennis are left isolated trying to reach 70 yard hoofs at full stretch 30 yards out with their backs to goal.

Certainly not my tactics.

The whole point of the long ball tactic is to push players forward, pressurise the opposition and force the game into the opposition half.

Having the team stretched out is certainly not anything I've ever advocated.

The actual act of the initial boot up the pitch is just the very start and the simple bit. Its what comes after that where the real importance lies!

You seem to be advocating using our attacking players like McLean & McGowan stuck in midfield up against an organised defence with men behind the ball.

I'm advocating we use our attacking players in the final third, up against a disorganised defence with the opposition under pressure.

The long ball bypasses boring, turgid, unproductive midfield play - it certainly shouldn't bypass our attacking players!

The problem that Danny Lennon seems to have is that he doesn't know how to properly ANY set of tactics. He's totally clueless. A bit like yourself! :P

What happened to the bunnet aggro yesterday??? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Is this because.....

1: They look fùckin idiotic in auld coffin dodgers flatcaps?

2: People realise that the djemba bunnet signing was a fùckin pig in a poke? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

NOT one of the saints supports finest hours, still it has brightened up an otherwise shite end to the season and I

have been thoroughly entertained by these stupid looking cùnts in the last five games that have been on telly,

3 live and two delayed transmissions (all of which we have lost) so buying these bunnets made hee haw of

a fùckin difference . laugh.pnglaugh.png

Edited by murray street

Possibly it was hindsight when I was watching 'cos I knew what was coming up but I reckon Goodwin should've been subbed straight away.

I watched the match on Alba at 11pm without knowing the score and I thought he should have been subbed too. Surely for the players safety he should have been taken off and if the medical experts disagree, then do it for the teams sake.

In the lead up to the goal I was saying "here comes Goody's yellow card" expecting him to take the guy out if he couldn't get the ball. I don't think he was feeling right or he wouldn't have been out-muscled so easily.

Better finishing by them and we would have got a hiding. Darren mcgregor seems to be exempt from criticism, maybe because he can play a bit but his positional sense was dreadful. Kello must be wondering why he agreed to stay for the rest of the season. In saying that some of his saves will surely mean he will get a few tidy offers next season. We have some very gifted players in our squad but no cohesion at all. We are not a kick in the arse off a decent team but no one seems to be able to put it together their full potential. And Derek Adams needs a good boot in the stones for his total over reaction and ending up on the pitch. Passion is admirable but thank god he not associated with us

I would have rather kept Carey than take Wylde but that's just my opinion on the two of them.

I'd even rather have kept Imrie than take Wylde.

There's no point in being able to run fast if your first touch means you lose the ball anyway or if you either hit the first defender or the far side corner flag with your cross.

Eric. Old son spot on as usual young Sir ! I salute your Buddie optimism ? punk.gif When Push come's To shift Finances Talk ? ........ Rich Supporters merely squak ? positive mental Attitude - Is in the eye of the beholder ? demanding that a human be sacked is tantamount, To, Max, Lex. And oakster, Having an ménage De trio's with, Pluto Prick & C0, Bit like the Boy's from ETON ? thumbdown.gif

Not "Eric" either.