Ian Ferguson

BAWZ

It's a decent achievement but he's only been there for just over a year, it could be a fluke. Theres a big difference between division 1 and SPL anyway, he'd do well just to keep us up after making that jump never mind take us to top 6.

Lennon's first promotion was by default (think i earlier said it was the second), but yes you can argue he did get Cowdenbeath into the play-off that season. Murray turned things round last season at Dumbarton and things are looking good now. It is a gamble to go with him, but everyone since Ricky McFarlane has been a gamble. I can't think of anyone proven to take clubs top half, a club like ours that is. Anyone at St J would have the backing of the Browns, so that leaves erm hmmmm urm ermmmm. Murray is unproven, Hartley would have been unproven, Ferguson unproven over here, Speirs certainly unproven, maybe Laszlo would take a wee look and be interested. I wouldn't want Billy Reid and after that I'm really struggling. Calderwood just got the sack, Norrie McWhirter has dropped off the planet, Winnie almost got Reykjavik relegated and Campbell Money didn't do much in the lower leagues. Brian Reid, but again not really shown to do much. Jim McIntyre? Gary Holt?

The only thing Lennon has in his tick column is a decent record in play-off matches.

He had some success, but his second promotion was by default. Murray would be the best option of the up and coming mould. We've never had experienced, certainly not since Fergie and I've not looked prior to that enough to comment. Usually it's been a cheap option or a name from the club's past. There are very few past names around, doubt Stevie Clarke would come home and there'd be outcry if Spiers came in. What's Tommy Wilson doing? Archie has disappeared...heard he was once promised the job.

Fergie didn't come to us with experience. He hardly had a season at East Stirlingshire.

Fergie didn't come to us with experience. He hardly had a season at East Stirlingshire.

The last experienced manager we appointed did not set the HAYther on fire ... As some have stated above keep this Ferguson as far away as possible and when the time comes get the best affordable option.

The last experienced manager we appointed did not set the HAYther on fire ... As some have stated above keep this Ferguson as far away as possible and when the  time comes get the best affordable option.

Yeah, but legend has it that Hay had a score to settle with the club after buying a house, a pub and not getting the job he was promised. Could be wrong, obviously. I don't really count him as experienced, any tit could manage Celtic to success.

Yeah, but legend has it that Hay had a score to settle with the club after buying a house, a pub and not getting the job he was promised. Could be wrong, obviously. I don't really count him as experienced, any tit could manage Celtic to success.

John Barnes,Tommy Burns,Joseph Vengols ,Lou Macari and Tony Mowbay.

Hay had success at every other club apart from St Mirren.

The cnut was at it here.

I would say Alex Smith was experienced when took the St Mirren job

I sold a car to webuyanycar in Hillington before Xmas.

The guy doing the buying was non other than former Dundee, Rangers, Dundee United, Hearts & Motherwell striker Iain Ferguson.

He was adamant that his 'goal' in 87 should have stood...

Did he explain which two Saints outfield players were closer to the goal line than Kevin Gallacher? You find that most people who think that should have been a goal don't appreciate that even if Derek Hamilton had been playing Gallacher onside , it would also have required Tommy Wilson to have been more advanced than Gallacher for it to have been a legit goal, due to Campbell Money being so far off his line when the shot was struck. Gallacher was further up the park than anyone else, so it didn't matter a f*ck how many Saints players were there anyway.

I shat it, right enough. whistling.gif

Did he explain which two Saints outfield players were closer to the goal line than Kevin Gallacher? You find that most people who think that should have been a goal don't appreciate that even if Derek Hamilton had been playing Gallacher onside , it would also have required Tommy Wilson to have been more advanced than Gallacher for it to have been a legit goal, due to Campbell Money being so far off his line when the shot was struck. Gallacher was further up the park than anyone else, so it didn't matter a f*ck how many Saints players were there anyway.

I shat it, right enough. :whistle

I think I nearly choked on that!

This is one of the most ridiculous rumours I've heard.

If (when) Lennon goes, we have the option of an intelligent, articulate St Mirren legend, who has done his coaching badges, is on the books and knows the club, being approached to either be manager in his own right or possibly form part of a management team along with a more experienced manager (which would be my preferred choice, with the idea that he takes over in his own right when he hangs up his boots).

Or we could go for the traitorous bawbag who can't string two words together and has a decidedly below average coaching record.

Tough choice.

This is one of the most ridiculous rumours I've heard.

If (when) Lennon goes, we have the option of an untried, untested, St Mirren legend, who has no managerial experience or track record, is on the books and draws a large salary, being approached to either be manager in his own right or possibly form part of a management team along with a more experienced manager (which would be my preferred choice, with the idea that he takes over in his own right when he stops putting his own name frst on the team sheet).

Or we could go for the traitorous bawbag who can't string two words together and has a decidedly below average coaching record.

Tough choice.

seems like no choice at all from where I'm standing

Mr Ferguson, your first issue as manager is to deal with our star player and cup final goal scorer. He has been nobbled by one of the OF and is refusing to play for our club until he gets the move to them that he so desperately wants. What are your thoughts on this?

Yes, but then the story was that he turned down Liverpool because Alex Miller promised him a move to Rangers when he signed from Clyde. Still a shit stirring tool.