Coinneach Odhar: Prophecies

bluto

Thanks for sharing that with us, BaldyOz. How is it down under at the minute? Is your sphincter all sweaty in the evening sun? They say it's nice out.

Not a problem Rick, I'm a sharing caring kinda guy, things down here in the wide brown land are mostly hot, with periods of mostly even hotter to break up the monotony... and everything is sweaty under the sun, no bodily organ is left home and dry.. thank you for asking drinks_cheers.gif

Not a problem Rick, I'm a sharing caring kinda guy, things down here in the wide brown land are mostly hot, with periods of mostly even hotter to break up the monotony... and everything is sweaty under the sun, no bodily organ is left home and dry.. thank you for asking drinks_cheers.gif

We're still by and large getting our knackers frozen off. Makes us go into bars for a couple of cool pints. I take it you manage a tinny or two? It'll be nice for you Cobblers when draught beer finally arrives in Oz.

I predict we will go on a brilliant run billyg will change his mind about Danny and campaign for him to stay.

elvis will predict victories week in week out.

JJ will bow and admit that he was wrong about Danny and thank him for ditching Carey.

Shull will shout the drinks are on him.

Faraway will attend a game in Paisley.

Danny will get Manager of the year award and a brand new 5 year contract.

Shite apart from last yin.

We're still by and large getting our knackers frozen off. Makes us go into bars for a couple of cool pints. I take it you manage a tinny or two? It'll be nice for you Cobblers when draught beer finally arrives in Oz.

Rick - at the Cobblers...

food-drink-cobbler-heel-shoe-feet-bare_f

Edited by bluto

Yes I have fond memories of dreich february days in the Cr

aig Dhu drinking pints of cold tennents, and discussing the chances of us picking up a much needed win with my fellow buds.. but now I must bask in the sun drinking tinnies and waiting for a cool draught/draft to arrive..oh the humanity.. and pass another coldy :)

Yes I have fond memories of dreich february days in the Cr

aig Dhu drinking pints of cold tennents, and discussing the chances of us picking up a much needed win with my fellow buds.. but now I must bask in the sun drinking tinnies and waiting for a cool draught/draft to arrive..oh the humanity.. and pass another coldy smile.png

I wish I had £1 for every time I've drank in the Craigdhu. A few of our older Buds will remember when that pub was

known as Davy Ferguson's and he was the uncle of a school pal of mine. I actually managed quite a few bevvies in there before i was eighteen. And it was in the Craigdhu I last saw Gerry Rafferty.

Drifted a bit from prophecy so I'll prophesy St.Mirren will win 2-0 today. Bet somebody says 'wrong thread'.

Here goes my wee shot

1) Daniel Lennon will indeed take us into the playoffs and we survive by the skin of our plums.

2) Daniel Lennon's contract will not be renewed

3) The football will remain stale and boring and crowd numbers will dip before the season is past.

4) Desperately hopeful people will continue to allow themselves to be needlessly taxed via the lottery ticket scheme

5) Scotland will vote yes

6) Maximillion will continue to alienate people and look foolish in the process

7) Shull will reach 35,000 posts before the season is out

8) Stuart Dickson will continue to haunt this forum until death becomes him and not before

9) I will continue to evauate my bowels at 0730hrs each morning

10) Johann Lamont will NOT win Miss World

11) The price list at the catering stall's will continue to be a bug bear of Shull's

12) The remainder of the UK will sink into poverty without us Scot's providing them with free money and we will be able to look down our well pampered noses at our former equals and scoff

13) I will continue to drink more beer than my doctor would advise

14) Adam Campbell will continue to warm the bench or play wide right

15) Div will continue to tweek the appearance of this forum, in fact he will never stop

16) DFS will have a sale on

17) Needless bickering will continue on this forum

18) My pension will continue to increase below the rate of inflation

19) My urine will continue getting frothier the older I get

20) Most people will NOT read this far

• 3 weeks later...

Coinneach Odhar was also known as the Brahan Seer.

(A Highland person - from Lewis, moved to the Dingwall area - who made some prophecies of what might come to pass.

eg He said that one day a beast belching fire would come down Glen Carron leaping the rivers and hills.... and the choo-choo does just that, these days - when there were steam trains, fire was also emitted. Google for much more - I just liked that one)

I thought I'd give this Seer-ing thing a go.

At the end of this season, DL will still be Saints manager

This season, St Mirren will not be involved in the play-offs, nor in relegation

Scotland will vote Naw in September, 2014

I shall win the Lottery this month

(FWIW: my efforts in the gambling thread have been a wee bit inconsistent.)

Gaun yersel!

Be a Seer.

What can ye see? :)

I'm getting a bit worried.

I haven't won that lottery.... :(

Edited by bluto