Protest After Kilmarnock Game If Lennon Isn't Already Gone?

bazil85

IF, DL can muster his team to , ( unimaginable heights ) say produces a run of results, say for instance three on the spin post split, is he worth a years extension, or , is opinion such now that we are spectating over the inevitable end for him.

Genuine question, cos, frankly , the guys efforts cannot be questioned, his commitment similarly is without challenge, his failure(s) seem to be in trading and knowing his settled best team.

All whatiffer right enough and probably should be in it's own thread, but I'd started so I'll finish, but, if the club is not sold, how will we approach next season , clearly we need to rebuild on a fairly significant level.

Nah, end of the line for Danny, unfortunately. He is too erratic on a number of fronts.

Nothing to do with me, but I guess I should pass on my thanks to the guys at the club who made all this happen.

My youngest son turned 16 this week and my ex wife and her new boyfriend organised hospitality for my two sons to mark the event and they had a fantastic time. Before the match they took my son down to the dressing room where he met Danny Lennon, who he insists is now an absolute legend, and he met most of the team. Pictures of him with Paul McGowan, Stephen Thompson, Sean Kelly, Jim Goodwin and John McGinn are polluting my Facebook timeline at the moment as he keeps on uploading them.

I've got my issues with people at the club, and I certainly hate my ex wife, but where my boys are concerned all I care about is that they are happy, and everyone at St Mirren made them very happy yesterday.

Thanks.

Nothing to do with me, but I guess I should pass on my thanks to the guys at the club who made all this happen.

My youngest son turned 16 this week and my ex wife and her new boyfriend organised hospitality for my two sons to mark the event and they had a fantastic time. Before the match they took my son down to the dressing room where he met Danny Lennon, who he insists is now an absolute legend, and he met most of the team. Pictures of him with Paul McGowan, Stephen Thompson, Sean Kelly, Jim Goodwin and John McGinn are polluting my Facebook timeline at the moment as he keeps on uploading them.

I've got my issues with people at the club, and I certainly hate my ex wife, but where my boys are concerned all I care about is that they are happy, and everyone at St Mirren made them very happy yesterday.

Thanks.

Hate? Genuinely?

That's a bit grim, Stuart, but I'm glad your lads had a good day.

Whilst I'm no great fan of Willie Miller's opinions related to St.Mirren, his comments on Radio Scotland at the weekend were interesting and the crux of most 'Happy Clapper' debates.

Willie Miller's comments were condescending and patronising in the extreme. And he deserves absolutely no credit for them whatsoever.

It's about time that Sportsound spent a bit of money hiring people who can string together a sentence rather than monosyllabic morons like Miller.

We are all 'Happy Clappers' after a 2-0 home win. Some of us are just more dedicated/stupid (delete as appropriate) than others.

Whilst I'm no great fan of Willie Miller's opinions related to St.Mirren, his comments on Radio Scotland at the weekend were interesting and the crux of most 'Happy Clapper' debates. What are reasonable expectations for our manager? Are Alan Archibald, Derek Adams and Allan Johnston all under the same intense scrutiny? Have they delivered the same success as our own manager?

Anyway I suppose it adds very little to the debate, but again what happens if we finish 8th or even better?

I used to make this very same point when the previous manager was in charge.

Unless there was a team stranded adrift at the bottom then more or less every team in the bottom 6 was in a relegation battle.

The dividing line between one of our best finishes in decades and getting relegated was extremely thin.

However, this was all dismissed. I was told repeatedly by the majority on this forum that being in a relegation battle wasn't good enough and cup runs didn't count.

The hypocrites of this forum (they all know who they are - and ironically most are now staunch Lennon supporters!) set the criteria so now they must all stand by it.

By their criteria, Lennon must go!

Edited by Isabella Duke

Willie Miller's comments were condescending and patronising in the extreme. And he deserves absolutely no credit for them whatsoever.

It's about time that Sportsound spent a bit of money hiring people who can string together a sentence rather than monosyllabic morons like Miller.

I don't disagree, particularly with the vocal ridicule of our club in relation to league reconstruction etc.

The point about what we as a fan base expect is fair enough though in my opinion.

Unless there was a team stranded adrift at the bottom then more or less every team in the bottom 6 was in a relegation battle.

The dividing line between one of our best finishes in decades and getting relegated was extremely thin.

However, this was all dismissed. I was told repeatedly by the majority on this forum that being in a relegation battle wasn't good enough and cup runs didn't count.

The hypocrites of this forum (they all know who they are - and ironically most are now staunch Lennon supporters!) set the criteria so now they must all stand by it.

Being brutally honest I lost faith with Gus, but quite near the end in my defence. In retrospect he was a fantastic manager and the memories of wins over the Old Firm, Challenge Cup win, promotion and the League Cup journey were brilliant, particularly when you put this in the perspective of the majority of the last 20 off years.

I think the major changes rightly or wrongly would be that there are a number of youth players in the first team now, we have downsized and all with continued top flight football and only our 4th major trophy.

So I think Danny has done very well, but in a similar way to Gus has been a victim of his own success to an extent. Danny has done it on a decreasing budget, with youth players in the team, and the cup win vs defeat. However league status has to be balanced without Rangers.

Therefore I think they have both done really well and will ultimately remembered for their success. Hopefully if we turn this season around, the minds made up about DL change and progress continues under his stewardship. If not he won our 4th major trophy...remember him with the respect he deserves.

I would generally say if we loose against Kilmarnock next week but I don't think IF is really needed. If Danny Lennon is not sacked after todays game then I think a demonstration needs to be shown that he should not be the St Mirren manager anymore.

How'd that protest go then, champ? Make a big impact with the board?

Therefore I think they have both done really well and will ultimately remembered for their success. Hopefully if we turn this season around, the minds made up about DL change and progress continues under his stewardship. If not he won our 4th major trophy...remember him with the respect he deserves.

No fúcking chance of that, mate. There are punters within the Saints support who would rather see the team lose than be proven wrong. wink.png

No protest required anyway , the only question remaining is if he goes this month , next month or the end of the season. My feeling is that if we're in the play-off position immediately before the split , he'll be relieved of his duties then !

No fúcking chance of that, mate. There are punters within the Saints support who would rather see the team lose than be proven wrong. wink.png

Come off it you , that's a line that only the happy clappers peddle , so I thought ! bye1.gif

There's about 4 people left in the entire fanbase who still stand by Lennon so I don't know where you are getting this from about the hypocrites and their "criteria"?

No protest required anyway , the only question remaining is if he goes this month , next month or the end of the season. My feeling is that if we're in the play-off position immediately before the split , he'll be relieved of his duties then !

Do u not think it's a bit late to change it then? I actually think, in doing that we would do more harm than good.

I personally think Danny will be here until the end of the season. If we sack him before the split who will we get in? I would rather take a bit of time and get our man during the summer, can't be doing with anymore panick signings. If we don't make the correct appointment, manager wise it will just be the same old shit over again.

There's about 4 people left in the entire fanbase who still stand by Lennon

Speaking for a 'quarter' of my part of the St.Mirren fan base, if Danny takes Saints on a winning streak and we finish 8th or better I think another contract should be forthcoming.

If not I think he will have significant ammunition to ask what more do you want to the BOD and other part of the fan base.

Come off it you , that's a line that only the happy clappers peddle , so I thought ! bye1.gif

Billy, I was talking to a couple of folk on Saturday night who were quite adamant they would've taken a defeat against Killie as it would probably mean Danny Lennon getting his P45. Back in September, the night before we drew 1-1 with Aberdeen, I was at a gig at the Barras when I bumped into another fellow Bud who said of that he hoped "Aberdeen fúckin' hammer us then that cúnt can get his jotters". Saw him a few months later & he was unforthcoming regarding any improvement in the teams fortunes.

Now, 2 questions:-

(1) Are you telling me that this "line that only the happy clappers peddle" is incorrect and has no factual basis?

(2) What kind of person actually WANTS their club to lose?

Speaking for a 'quarter' of my part of the St.Mirren fan base, if Danny takes Saints on a winning streak and we finish 8th or better I think another contract should be forthcoming.

If not I think he will have significant ammunition to ask what more do you want to the BOD and other part of the fan base.

Agreed. The season isn't done yet. Imo most managers would to get decent results with half of the playing squad deciding to revolt mid-season...

Want the club to lose, that's he haw. There were some on here willing for the club to go into administration rather than let Rangers into the SPL.

Nope we knew the other side were bluffing about the impact on us and we stood our ground rather than bottling it for a few quid for keeping a corrupt team in a corrupt league.

Despite the dire warnings and blatant fear mongering most of us stood strong, faced down the challenge and we've been rewarded with the most entertaining and competitive 2 years and counting that we've ever seen in the top flight. Of course Doncaster and Celtic would disagree but WGAF.

Actually .....rejecting blatant fear mongering.....standing your ground against bullying....not facing armageddon after all......that's all sounding vaguely familiar......can't remember where though.....

Nope we knew the other side were bluffing about the impact on us and we stood our ground rather than bottling it for a few quid for keeping a corrupt team in a corrupt league.

Despite the dire warnings and blatant fear mongering most of us stood strong, faced down the challenge and we've been rewarded with the most entertaining and competitive 2 years and counting that we've ever seen in the top flight. Of course Doncaster and Celtic would disagree but WGAF.

Actually .....rejecting blatant fear mongering.....standing your ground against bullying....not facing armageddon after all......that's all sounding vaguely familiar......can't remember where though.....

You must be thinking of Braveheart ,that scene were Robert the Bruce was saying lets get intae them after they had done Mel Gibson in.

Well done Oaky for standing strong. It must have been a harrowing experience. FFS

Nope but it was very satisfying to be able to look the fearties in the eye and laugh at their armageddon knicker wetting.

You know - those people who would sell their grannies to clutch at the safety of Rangers dirty money.