Saints V Kilmarnock. 1.3.14 Truly A "must Win" Game.

Full time 2-0.

We really dug that out. Questions were asked of these players; and goodness me, they answered them.

Well done to the fans, the players, the management. What a huge three points this is for the football club.

Enjoy your night buddies!

Off for a happy lunchtime pint, Well done Saints.

The bottom line is, if we manage a win today, we move up at least one place. It's not impossible, though highly improbable, that we could move into seventh place. That's how tight this league is. Even though this is not likely the players MUST go onto that park with positivity and go for the jugular. There shouldn't be a player with anything left in there tank if we don't get a victory. If there is then they are failures to themselves!

Can't fault for effort and graft today.

Lots of nervous play today and got lucky with Boyd's effort.

But Danny got it right with his sub as Wylde scored one and made the other.

Where's that effort been all season?

Well done to all concerned. I agree whole heartedly.

Anyone else say, "WTF?", when Danny made the substitution? I was left with egg on my face but that egg has never tasted soooooo good!

One thing today showed is we don't need Goodwin protecting the back 4.

McLean, McGinn and Newton played with a lot of freedom and seemed to rotate the roll of dropping back and sitting deep.

They dug in and snapped away at the ankles all afternoon, great energy and maturity.

I's like to see us continue into next game with similar shape and midfield.

Edited by davidg

Well done the Buddies, I had a sneaky feeling we might just do it today and we did. There is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. The team shape looked good and it was really good to see Danny going with such a positive line up. We stated our intentions from the start with that line up.

I thought Killie looked nervous and appeared to be settling for a point, whereas it was more win or bust for us.

Really pleased for Danny.

One thing today showed is we don't need Goodwin protecting the back 4.

McLean, McGinn and Newton played with a lot of freedom and seem to rotate the roll of dropping back and sitting deep.

The dug in and snapped away at the ankles all afternoon, great energy and maturity.

Is like to see us continue into next week with similar shape and midfield.

Depending on the opposition David, I recall him having a fantastic game v Dundee Utd when he protected the back 4 as we pumped them 4-1.

Hey Elvis . Can think of a lot worse than being called a balloon eh !!!

Chill out and enjoy the victory.

I1m gonna get blitzed and fall asleep with my buddies shirt on.

Proud to be a buddie tonight.

Depending on the opposition David, I recall him having a fantastic game v Dundee Utd when he protected the back 4 as we pumped them 4-1.

Yeh, but he's not consistent enough IMO. The very next week he probably had his worst game if the season away at Motherwell.

Great result, it's the best we've played in ages.

Newton had a good game in one of the first games he's played in central midfield all season. The team looked better without Djemba-Djemba & Goodwin in midfield.

We got a bit of luck with Boyd hitting the post & we really should've scored earlier when we had lots of pressure at the start of the second half, but at least we got the win.