Saints V Kilmarnock. 1.3.14 Truly A "must Win" Game.

Good attitude shown by the players & management today, stuck to the plan and were rewarded with a couple of late goals - great result!

EDD - didn't feature today, beginning to look like the last biscuit in the box rather than an inspired signing.

Thommo - another 90 minutes for The Legend but surely we must do something to protect him although that probably contradicts what I said in my opening sentence. online2long.gif

Other than the Celtic game we can take points from the other teams if we maintain the attitude we showed today!

One thing today showed is we don't need Goodwin protecting the back 4.

McLean, McGinn and Newton played with a lot of freedom and seemed to rotate the roll of dropping back and sitting deep.

They dug in and snapped away at the ankles all afternoon, great energy and maturity.

Is like to see us continue into next week with similar shape and midfield.

The physicality Magennis brought to the team today IMO made a huge difference. Pace, power and another long ball outlet to help out Thommo. He may not have the technical skills of the others, but thought he was tremendous.

McGowan did a power of work, despite not being at his best.

Naismith had that Johnston in his back pocket. Certainly an improvement on his last outing.

Danny got everything spot on, even his media interviews were good.

The physicality Magennis brought to the team today IMO made a huge difference. Pace, power and another long ball outlet to help out Thommo. He may not have the technical skills of the others, but thought he was tremendous.

McGowan did a power of work, despite not being at his best.

Naismith had that Johnston in his back pocket. Certainly an improvement on his last outing.

Danny got everything spot on, even his media interviews were good.

Agreed with all of this.

Also, Kelly didn't have the best of games down at Rugby Park and I think Killie really underestimated his qualities today. They seemed to try and play everything down that side in the first half and the wee man was well up for the challenge.

I thought Newton done well today, including an excellent, composed finish. Some people on here need to get a grip.

The difference between the 2 halfs was that we actually played the ball to Magennis on the right after the break. He was a bit marooned out there in the first half.

Two really well taken goals, and you felt it was coming as we peppered their goal area before breaking the deadlock. A special mention for Wylde. It was a 1st class finish, and he didn't abdicate responsiblity when the opportunity arose. Others players had been a bit guilty of doing this beforehand, but he got a sight of the goal and tucked it away very well indeed.

The result in Dingwall was ideal, but we still have a great deal to do. Today was definitely a must win, and I can't fault anyone involved for showing the commitment to secure the 3 points.

Have just downed the first celebratory beer, Saturday night feels so much better after a win. With minutes to go and Boyd hit the post it could have been oh so different. Just goes to show that a little rub of the green goes a long way. First half was v. bad from both teams, second we looked much better. IMO the boy Campbell would have stretched the Killie rear guard much more than Josh McG, although he produced a couple of good turns, but he has little or no presence and does not commit to any 50/50 balls. BUT, we have a win to celebrate tonight. Last point Marc MacAusland was a standout today.

I was at the game but you are still a fùckin balloon

would you like to meet me and call me that to my face.

You'll have no bother recognising each other from the size of your foreheads and your grazed knuckles from walking.

Sigh give it a rest. You're both about as scary as a wet sock.

Have just downed the first celebratory beer, Saturday night feels so much better after a win. With minutes to go and Boyd hit the post it could have been oh so different. Just goes to show that a little rub of the green goes a long way. First half was v. bad from both teams, second we looked much better. IMO the boy Campbell would have stretched the Killie rear guard much more than Josh McG, although he produced a couple of good turns, but he has little or no presence and does not commit to any 50/50 balls. BUT, we have a win to celebrate tonight. Last point Marc MacAusland was a standout today.

As was McGregor aside from the silly corner he gave away. Both totally dominated Boyd in the air. Pleased for them both

He is consistently shite though. What's your point? Is it that you don't know anything about football?

Maybe it's that I know how to support and encourage anyone wearing the stripes.

You were probably one of the idiots giving McLean a hard time last season... and Starky a few seasons before that.

Have you ever tried "supporting"?

He is consistently shite though. What's your point? Is it that you don't know anything about football?

He played well today and showed more commitment than in recent matches. It is piss-poor to single him out as you have.

The number of touchy wee souls on here is amazing. It's like you have your own wee club. I would have thought it was obvious that I'm having a bit of a laugh here, hence the comment about him shagging my bird. However I'll retreat and leave you to your fake outrage about me not being a real supporter.

Constantly played out of position....

When he gets the chance through the middle he's a player.

Today he was more central and worked his ass off, pleased with his shift today.

Even when he got 5 minutes in the middle at Tannadice you could could see how much more comfortable he was.

Easter Road as well, more central and he had a good game.

The number of touchy wee souls on here is amazing. It's like you have your own wee club. I would have thought it was obvious that I'm having a bit of a laugh here, hence the comment about him shagging my bird. However I'll retreat and leave you to your fake outrage about me not being a real supporter.

"Having a laugh"? Aye right... I can hear your reversing beepers from here!

How often have you "joked" about the players ability? Not one smiley or balanced comment.

Fake outrage? Not here.

Outrage? Nope... not here.

Just a feeling of incredulity that you can be so insulting to one of our players then throw your toys out of the pram when fair minded fans dare to support and defend him.

"Having a laugh"? Aye right... I can hear your reversing beepers from here!

How often have you "joked" about the players ability? Not one smiley or balanced comment.

Fake outrage? Not here.

Outrage? Nope... not here.

Just a feeling of incredulity that you can be so insulting to one of our players then throw your toys out of the pram when fair minded fans dare to support and defend him.

My honest opinion is that he has no real footballing ability at all and the team would be better if he used his skills to carry the kit bag or something more useful. I'm sorry about the lack of smileys as I'm using the mobile app and don't have a clue where they are. Maybe I'm being a little too subtle for you? Good for you for being such an emotional wee supporter

Massive game, massive result and superb performance from the management and players. :clapping:clapping:clapping

Nice to see all of the "supporters" posting their positive feelings...............................................

A couple of weeks to suck this in and get ready to pump Dundee United. :thumbs2

There are some noticeable absences.

well, I am very positive and happy tonight. That is despite major farming problems and troubles galore.

Don't care about "Lennon out" or who's crap and who's naw crap and that if Boyd had scored instead of hiiting the inside of the post it would be different....just delighted the St Mirren won today.

Took my daughter to the local pub for darts and fun chat and a half pint of lager for her....now home for a couple of beers to celebrate a rare win for St Mirren.

COYS