Saints V Kilmarnock. 1.3.14 Truly A "must Win" Game.

Really solid performance today. Boyd has owned our centre backs this season so it was particularly pleasing to see McAusland and McGregor play so well.

I'm not sure I grew that we can do without Goodwin for the rest of the season as has been mooted as we have better teams to play than Killie in the next few weeks who will put us under a wee bit more pressure but who knows, maybe the best form of defence actually is attack?

Main concerns today were around Gowser and Thommo. Both have been massive players for us in the last two seasons but their form has really shaded recently. Neither appears to have a spark about them but both continue to work hard.

All games versus top six teams ahead of the split so we'll need to continue with that application if we are to get anything from some really difficult fixtures. Only consolation is that all the other teams about us have to play those top six teams too.

Well done the Buddies, I had a sneaky feeling we might just do it today and we did. There is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. The team shape looked good and it was really good to see Danny going with such a positive line up. We stated our intentions from the start with that line up.

I thought Killie looked nervous and appeared to be settling for a point, whereas it was more win or bust for us.

Really pleased for Danny.

Wot no icebergs or clueless captains and sinking crew Kendo?

Are you f**king stupid you dick i was at the game supporting the team and if you want to meet me just come along to my martial arts club in mcdowall st any day of the week after six i will be the guy training the students

Yir Students are crap, they wid get leathered every night by The Brownies.

SACK THE COACH !!!!

McLean, McGinn and Newton (when central) are far more constant than Goodwin.

newton started well n looked fired up for it today but we played better when wylde came on and newton was on the right.

Would like to See gowser dropped for Campbell thought he was awful 1st half improve slightly 2nd, had 2 great chances to score but he's not a goal scorer

Massive result today and it must be said, Danny Lennon did everything right today.

Well done everyone. Great result and the players showed they are up for the challenge.

:)

was laughing at his radio interview when he described finding gowser in the changing who congratulated him on his great substitution, though wish it wasnt such a strange phenomenon.

Depending on the opposition David, I recall him having a fantastic game v Dundee Utd when he protected the back 4 as we pumped them 4-1.

I agree we shouldnt get too carried away about not needing Jim just because we beat a poor Killie team but remember he only played 45 mins against DU.

It's late in South London, the whisky bottle is getting a little low - and I've been feeling the same way just recently.

Until yesterday.

Now the times are a changin', and the Killie result is just the beginning. Altogether now.....

YABBADABBADOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

That feels better.

Cheers buds.

First half was the usual very poor fare we are used to, but second half was great have had discussions with fellow diehards who weren't nearly as impressed as I was. Frustatingly i don't think we should be where we are but we will need to churn out another few like that. For the record mcgennis I gave stick too after the Celtic game I thought was excellent 2day worked his bawz off!

I thought Newton was better in a central position but MacGennis was pish.

Magennis was the official website Man of the Match Think it must have been names in a hat.

Lack of confidence showed big time in the second half when we got into great positions and then froze. Thought Gowser and Newton were going to have a square go after Newton failed to shoot. They kept on at each other for the next ten minutes.

Kello once again proved his worth with a superb save with the score at nil nil in the second half.

Thought Killie were poor and individually we were better all over the park.

Eremenko wtf, Lee Mair needs to get him on the Herbalife.