Saints V Kilmarnock. 1.3.14 Truly A "must Win" Game.

Any so called coach that invites people down to his lesson for a fight after an argument on here shouldnt be teaching martial arts as he has totally the wrong mentality about the application of violence.

He could be redirected to the 'should you smack your kids' thread in general nonsense :P

Wasn't at the game, so I've only seen the highlights, but it looked to me that we looked far more threatening with Magennis playing with Thommo and McGowan. They seemed to be involved in most of our chances, and Magennis was pretty unlucky not to score.

Great result anyway, and really needed. Hopefully a bit of confidence comes back and we can go on another wee run. Whatever our thoughts in the manager, the best thing right now for Saints is for things to (belatedly) come good and for us to push up the table again. I think we've got it in us.

While I'm certainly not going to detract from yesterdays result it doesn't change things for me.

I've said for a while, while others have us stick on's for the play off place and getting humped in these games, we're in the mix with 3 other teams and I still believe with our current set up we have enough to avoid the play off and, if we were in that position, still would see us beating any team from the lower division.

Certainly no need for the hysteria and panic that's been taking over in the last week or so.

While I'm certainly not going to detract from yesterdays result it doesn't change things for me.

I've said for a while, while others have us stick on's for the play off place and getting humped in these games, we're in the mix with 3 other teams and I still believe with our current set up we have enough to avoid the play off and, if we were in that position, still would see us beating any team from the lower division.

Certainly no need for the hysteria and panic that's been taking over in the last week or so.

Yeah three years and nine months into the Danny Lennon Experience punk.gif and no-one is gonna change their opinion based on one result. There may be no need for panic and hysteria but why spoil everyone's fun?

Anyway moving even further off topic Hey Murray Street, where you going with that gun in your hand?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieVzyyw0Tio

Anyway that's the cricket started so I'm off........................

Today was a very good win. I don't get to see us as often as I can/should but i think we have a star in McGin .

I don't think McGinn had his best game for us yesterday but that's as much to do with some excellent performances recently and he is still far out on his own to get my vote for player of the year.

The thing is faraway it has taken us until late February / March to get a decent squad together. It's the mismanagement of the squad in the summer that has brought us to the position that we find ourselves in. It's only now we can look to bring match winners off the bench.

The thing is faraway it has taken us until late February / March to get a decent squad together. It's the mismanagement of the squad in the summer that has brought us to the position that we find ourselves in. It's only now we can look to bring match winners off the bench.

If you look back many thought our squad was more than adequate, now your saying it's only now?

Many things have influenced our current position, everybody within the club has played a part.

Remember our run from late September to mid December?

No point in this, circles.

Edited by faraway saint

Any so called coach that invites people down to his lesson for a fight after an argument on here shouldnt be teaching martial arts as he has totally the wrong mentality about the application of violence.

You are of course correct and i appoligise for that but its easy to be a hardman behind a key board just wanted to see if he would bsck up his big mouth.

I said wtf.

So did i,well to myself as i was in the Family Stand(murder).

I thought it would be like for like for McGinn who i thought was having a poor game by his standards he has set.

I thought that was Gowser best game for a while pity he can't finish his dinner.

I thought Kelly who every manager have marked down as a weak link was M.O.M.

Really good at the defensive side as the wee winger got nowhere against him

So did i,well to myself as i was in the Family Stand(murder).

I thought it would be like for like for McGinn who i thought was having a poor game by his standards he has set.

I thought that was Gowser best game for a while pity he can't finish his dinner.

I thought Kelly who every manager have marked down as a weak link was M.O.M.

Really good at the defensive side as the wee winger got nowhere against him

I thought it might have been for McLean, nothing to do with his performance, just that he was booked and had made another rash challenge at the start of the second half.

Worked out well in the end.

Felt Kelly was excellent, especially the first half. Posted earlier that I reckon Killie targeted him as the weak link and really underestimated his ability.

Only thing I think he really needs to work on is forcing the player wide, he can be prone to showing the player inside. We almost got punished in the second half when he let the player inside and run into the box.

Edited by davidg

If you look back many thought our squad was more than adequate, now your saying it's only now?

Many things have influenced our current position, everybody within the club has played a part.

Remember our run from late September to mid December?

No point in this, circles.

Our SQUAD was never adequate up until lately. We did go on a run as you rightly point out. However when injuries, suspensions and loss of form kicked in we had no quality in the squad to bring in to freshen things up.

We had a strong bench yesterday and when we made the changes it turned the game our way.

Are you f**king stupid you dick i was at the game supporting the team and if you want to meet me just come along to my martial arts club in mcdowall st any day of the week after six i will be the guy training the students

Wee fact Elvis was a 9th danwhistling.gif

I also was appalled at Wylde coming on.

And commenced a running commentary regarding his ability to avoid being anywhere near the ball, at all costs. :angry:

Then, despite his best lack of effort, he stumbled over it...

:o

And, after a bit of mad, wild (ahem...) cheering and jumping about, I quietened down. :)

One thing today showed is we don't need Goodwin protecting the back 4.

McLean, McGinn and Newton played with a lot of freedom and seemed to rotate the roll of dropping back and sitting deep.

They dug in and snapped away at the ankles all afternoon, great energy and maturity.

I's like to see us continue into next game with similar shape and midfield.

This, although the midfield battle was 50-50(ish) for much pf the game, we played a higher line and the majority of the play was in their half, which meant we got both pressure and good opportunities for breaking. We also starved Boyd of any chances- i got the impression that he is all taht killie have to offer.

No goodwin meant we got a good win

Magennis is no Suarez but I thought he was a breath of fresh air yesterday - pacey, direct and hungry for the ball. His touch ain't great (or his shooting!) but he will hopefully ease the weight of expectation from Thommo and add some competition for places (and he's definitely a better option than Reilly, for now...).

Also think the recent criticism of McGowan has been over the top - the guy has went a bit off the boil but we need to remember that he has largely been consistent (and started most games) for the last 2/3 seasons and given 100% - he's still a talented player and needs our support. He will come good.

Magennis is no Suarez but I thought he was a breath of fresh air yesterday - pacey, direct and hungry for the ball. His touch ain't great (or his shooting!) but he will hopefully ease the weight of expectation from Thommo and add some competition for places (and he's definitely a better option than Reilly, for now...).

Also think the recent criticism of McGowan has been over the top - the guy has went a bit off the boil but we need to remember that he has largely been consistent (and started most games) for the last 2/3 seasons and given 100% - he's still a talented player and needs our support. He will come good.

Yep. pretty much this.

Can't disagree with the first part.

As for McGowan. Sometimes a player needs a "rest" when they're off the boil to allow them to refocus. I think it should have been done a wee while ago.

Edited by stlucifer