Saints V Kilmarnock. 1.3.14 Truly A "must Win" Game.

99% certain Wylde got booked too. Late on. Ref played advantage, but at the next break of play he called Wyled over and gave him a warning yellow card.

Not reported on beeb , sky or eurosport. nothing on OS either. Mibbee just a talking to ? Weve got the fair play league to think about !!

Yep he was booked for a tackle where Killie had an advantage as they went forward. Ref waited till next break in play and booked him

Which is pretty much what my point was in my original post.

Three times he did similar to Killie players - but a warning sufficed.

And it definitely wasn't down to their fouls being lesser, as at least two of them were identical in intent, and close in nature, to the one McLean was (rightly) booked for.

Not reported on beeb , sky or eurosport. nothing on OS either. Mibbee just a talking to ? Weve got the fair play league to think about !!

Yeah, it's not been reported anywhere (sure they all get their stats from the same source), but I'd imagine it WILL be in the ref's report.

I do remember wondering at the time what the world record for fewest fouls in a game was as I think we only committed one in the first half, and maybe 2 in the second.

What a GIRUY it would be if we won the fair play league... with Jim Goodwin in the team!

Yeah, it's not been reported anywhere (sure they all get their stats from the same source), but I'd imagine it WILL be in the ref's report.

I do remember wondering at the time what the world record for fewest fouls in a game was as I think we only committed one in the first half, and maybe 2 in the second.

What a GIRUY it would be if we won the fair play league... with Jim Goodwin in the team!

We could ask for Derek Adams to present our award.

I thought Kenny McLean was fantastic yesterday. Had to take control of central midfield and he stepped up. More of the same till the end of the season please.

Good to see Newton's performance level on the up. Very good finish from him.

I noticed the website man of the match was given to Magennis, i can't quite beleive they managed to over look McLean, McAusland or McGregor for the award. I thought all three were terrific.

The only downside to the game was big Thommo being utterly annonymous again and i didn't think Naismith was too great either but hey ho! A good win.

Totally agree, so why does DL keep playing him in wide position when we all know he is totally out the game in those positions, He never learns, He will do it again when his pal Goodwin is due back,

Edited by santaponsasaint

I was very impressed with Kenny's attitude yesterday. He was tracking back and defending, and didn't pull out of any challenges. When he adds this to his undoubted ball skills, he is great to watch.

Terrific player.

This has to be the worst comeback in the history of this forum.

I would applaud even a half-decent effort like Faraway Saint manages from time to time.

You on the other hand applied the Mo Camara of comebacks (are you smart enough to spot the combined metaphor and pun?).

Feel free to have another go when you think you can manage either clever or funny.

I'll even accept faintly amusing along the lines of perhaps something you'd hear in Dad's Army or the Vicar of Dibley.

BTW I have no idea what your comment regarding bums and doors is all about.

I'm assuming you are mentally deficient in some way but feel free to prove me wrong.

What a lot of shite.

Just an observation of thommo from the highlights. For someone who is reported by some to be tired his aerial ability is sensational. His timing makes him appear to hover. He wins high ball he has no right to win and his subsequent knock downs to others deserves a better end product from his team mates. Maybe Danny is right about us "clicking". The only thing that clicks with me is my right knee.

Nice to see the Sportscene "experts" have predicted Saints for the play off place. I love it when these twats write us off. We always prove them wrong.

I think they would love to see us get relegated.

f**k them!

Nice to see the Sportscene "experts" have predicted Saints for the play off place. I love it when these twats write us off. We always prove them wrong.

I think they would love to see us get relegated.

f**k them!

Earlier in the season it was Killie, then it was Partick and now it's us. Ross Co never get it, indeed they get applauded for enclosed golf stands and bringing in johnny nobodies. I just assume it all depends on how many free drinks the clubs spot you.

Totally agree, so why does DL keep playing him in wide position when we all know he is totally out the game in those positions, He never learns, He will do it again when his pal Goodwin is due back,

Problem is Newton, Mcginn and Mclean are all best in the middle. Mcginn had his worst game I've seen from him (although was still good) not sure if that's due to being played on the left though.

Thought it was harsh on Mclean not to get MotM but Magennis was really dangerous, hopefully his finishing will improve with gametime. Mcgowan and Newton were poor first half but worked hard and eventually came good in the 2nd half. Good performance all round and shows we can play without someone in the Def Mid role, against bottom 6 teams at least.

Came home for this one at the weekend, deserved win for Saints, good performances from McLean, McGregor, McGinn and Newton, pass marks for most of the team to be fair.

I knew it would be our day when Boyd missed when he was through, he just doesn't normally miss those chances, but a draw for them would have been totally undeserved.

I don't see us week in week out like most on here, but why the feck are we struggling with that squad? we should be top 6

All in all a good trip, good bevy in the Hole in the Wa pre and post match, hopefully make it back up before the end of the season.

Oh Aye HHIBSS, have you fell out with me or something, try answering yer texts ya plum, you will do anything to get out of buying a round :-)