Who Would You Keep

I think all would agree the season to date has been a disappointment. With us struggling to survive and the possibility of us competing in the lottery of the playoffs and the chance our manager could be off in the summer or possibly sooner based on recent results and performances. I started to think no matter what division we would be in what players would I miss if they were to leave in the summer and I could really only manage to think of 3 I would really hand on heart would hate for us to to lose.

Kello

Thompson

McGinn

Some you could argue for especially the young players but none I don't believe we could not replace.

Thoughts?

This a good thread.

When they see how supportive the fans are of them, it will fill all the payers with confidence and zest for the fight against relegation.

:rolleyes:

Maybe if any of them take any interest in this forum and read this. They might realise that their performances have not been good enough and they need to take a hard look at themselves and up their game

I might be shot down, but I would like us to stay up, and keep every single one of the current squad. I genuinely believe this group of players is a good group and with new direction from above, and better tactics, less fcuking about and shuffling square pegs into round holes, could be a different story altogether. Maybe some arses need booted, for sure it isn't all Danny's fault, but my goodness, this is a more than decent looking bunch.

I know it hasn't been all sweetness for Terry Butcher at Hibs, but I'd love to see him and Malpas kick arse and get this St Mirren squad going a bit.

Unfortunately Kello will be off at the end of the season, neither of the two full backs have shown anywhere near the consistency required to start in this league, however, the experience will have been good for them. McGregor would be a much better CB with a more experienced head alongside him and McAusland would be an able deputy.

I'd like to see us make a run at keeping Gowser as I feel he's still our best player when on form. McGinn will be a big player for us next year but I'm afraid McLean will be off. It would be good to have Teale back as well.

Up front? Keep Thommo and that's yer lot.

Aside from those, Wylde has the makings of another pay off and Goodwin won't be able to make a living in this country thanks to despicable cunts like McNamara and Adams.

Harkins has no interest in playing for St Mirren.

Think he has no interest in playing for Danny Lennon and I think a few other are thinking the same.

Think if a new manager came in and played players in there right positions we'd see the best of Harkins and others. He's showing what he can do down at Oldham.

Plus doesn't help the fact we have some supporters who love the players who run about like headless chickens. They hated sutton n higdon classed as lazy not good players.

Unfortunately Kello will be off at the end of the season, neither of the two full backs have shown anywhere near the consistency required to start in this league, however, the experience will have been good for them. McGregor would be a much better CB with a more experienced head alongside him and McAusland would be an able deputy.

I'd like to see us make a run at keeping Gowser as I feel he's still our best player when on form. McGinn will be a big player for us next year but I'm afraid McLean will be off. It would be good to have Teale back as well.

Up front? Keep Thommo and that's yer lot.

Aside from those, Wylde has the makings of another pay off and Goodwin won't be able to make a living in this country thanks to despicable cunts like McNamara and Adams.

Oops , forgot him. Would love to keep him but think he`ll be offski.

We've got a more than decent squad of players, but they are currently under-achieving for whatever reason.

I'd happily keep most of them, as I would like to see if another manager could get the best out of them (no harm to Danny, but his tea's oot, sadly).

I like most of our squad, but to be honest only Kello, McGinn and Thommohawk are indispensable.

McLean is good but too hot and cold, same with McGregor. Not trying to be harsh on Kelly and Naismith but they are replaceable (whereas I think McGinn isnt).

Teale is great but his legs will go soon. The rest I would happily wave bye bye to.

Well, seeing as the players shouldn't be on here and their mates should leave them to play their game...

Dilo, Kello, McGregor, Thompson, McGinn, McGowan, McLean (yeah, I know), Kelly & Naismith...maybe even Cheesy.

I think the full backs, with protection ahead, are fine and wouldn't look out of place in most premiership sides. Thommo has to stay as he'll be manager anyway, whilst McLean alongside McGinn could easily work.

If we go down then that will all change as most the side will be straight on to their agents. Indeed, with Rangers coming up and Hearts going down the board may just bed in for a season. So, it'll mostly be the under 20's managed by Thommo and assisted by Basher. Just to clarify, I wouldn't want Lennon anywhere near us in the Championship.

mcginn,the goalie and mcgowan are all i would keep,unfortunately we will be keeping most of them . I would let thompson go if at all possible,he makes us one dimensional and ridiculously easy to play against,but as he is regarded as a living god by the majority of supporters i would imagine he will be offered a coaching role at some point and i fear the managers job

who among the current squad can hold there head up and say that they are having a good season

1. john mcginn

2.Kello

Thompson is in double figures for the season which considering the woefully shite service the strikers get is a decent return. He would be playing better if the wee idiot in charge had signed someone to take the burden.