Billy Stark

billy stark is a failed club manager who spent as much time playing for other teams than he did for St Mirren

I'd be upset if he was ever appointed saints manager

this thread should be about wee danny's successful deveopment of these three players

Someone made a comment that Billy Stark had a grudge against us and that was the reason few of our talented youngsters haven't been selected.

It was a tongue in cheek comment i made regarding putting his name forward

billy stark is a failed club manager who spent as much time playing for other teams than he did for St Mirren

I'd be upset if he was ever appointed saints manager

this thread should be about wee danny's successful deveopment of these three players

Good post!

What has Stark achieved as manager at club level?

Not for me!

If Lennon goes we need someone with passion and drive.

Not sure Stark fits that description.

I work with a Dumbarton fan and he said at a recent Q&A Murray said he was really happy where he is & wants to stay part-time for now. Might be a bit different if a reasonably local full-time club like us came in for him though.

I was also told by my work-mate that late on with Dumbarton 5-1 up away to Alloa, a midfielder hoofed the ball up the park & Murray went mental - shouting about how that wasn't the way they play football. Gary Blues will have a new person to hate if he takes over!

Care to make a few suggestions? Lots of people in the boozer after the game yesterday were saying the same thing but nobody came up with a name other than Ian Murray.

Owen Coyle or what about our very own Thomo who in my opinion would make a tremendous manager. Spl Club with no debt fantastic facilities I'm sure plenty would jump at the chance though if any potential manager was to sit in the West Bank and heard the shit being skunked from some mouths there he might have second thoughts about joining Saints. Anyway if Lennon was to string a few good results together he might be here next season

Craig Slater's in the squad too , a player we had on the books since he was about 7. Pity his face didn't fit at Ralston !

I spoke to.the father of one of our ex youthh players who told me that Ralston operates without really answering to the board and it really is down to who y o u know if you want.to get on

Edited by beyond our ken

Owen Coyle or what about our very own Thomo who in my opinion would make a tremendous manager. Spl Club with no debt fantastic facilities I'm sure plenty would jump at the chance though if any potential manager was to sit in the West Bank and heard the shit being skunked from some mouths there he might have second thoughts about joining Saints. Anyway if Lennon was to string a few good results together he might be here next season

Owen Coyle would not look at us. He's earning 10 times what we could pay him sitting on his erse. He's sitting patiently waiting on the green bigots and Neil Lennon to part company 'cos he thinks the job is his to walk into.

Thommo is a legend and a talisman but he is without any experience apart from on the field. I'm told he fancies a media career and now he's had a little bit of exposure and quite a lot of praise it might be difficult to turn him from that path.

I spoke to.the father of one of our ex youthh players who told me that Ralston operates without really answering to the board and it really is down to who y o u know if you want.to get on

Wouldn't read too much into what an ex-youth players dad said, of course it's nothing to do with footballing ability his son didn't cut it! Cause his wee boy is top drawer it must be a conspiracy!

Are you saying the board should dictate who comes and goes at youth level?

Did you tell the father involved to get a grip and accept his son hadn't shown enough ability and/or attitude and that there's only so many times you can blame others for your own failures?

I feel sorry for the kid who is probably wandering around filled with resentment and false hope because his father is behaving like a twat.

Every club has a swathe of fathers like this.

And to save you asking - no FFS of course I wouldn't have asked him myself. I'd have been so scared you'd have heard my arse creaking from 20 miles away.

Edited by oaksoft