Home Match V St Johnstone Date Change

BuddieinEK

Ouch. A game planned weeks (months?) away has moved by a day. And still, it's such a dull, meaningless game that will be watched by so few people. Who gives a feck?

Actually, I give a f*ck. I had booked a flight to come over and now I've had to change it. That's cost me even more money to come and watch this dull, meaningless game. I book in advance to try to get a reasonably priced flight, so changes of this sort (and there have been a few, although usually for the telly) cause me problems.

SPS... that's why I waited as long as possible before eventually confirming the staff training just two weeks ago.

Is there any reason the game couldn't have been moved earlier if it was always on the cards?

Could you not drag all the staff along as a team bonding/building night, you could say you are going to see two different teams, one will be a performing team and one will be a non-performing team, and let them tell you which one is which, I'll guess the performing teams name will begin with Saint.

After the game you can then go to the nearest meeting room (probably a pub at that time) and discuss your observations of each team.

You get to watch the football, your staff get a great (ok I might have taken that bit too far) insight into a performing/non-performing team and Saints manage to sell a few more tickets, win win.

Edited by Hambud

The home match v St Johnstone has been brought forward by 24 hours and will now be on Tuesday 25th March.

Feckin typical... I arranged staff training for the Tuesday night as we had a match on the Wednesday... now the match has meen moved and I can't make it.

Yet another match I am forced to miss after a late change to tbe advertised fixture.

yay-bonus day. i can go

Could you not drag all the staff along as a team bonding/building night, you could say you are going to see two different teams, one will be a performing team and one will be a non-performing team, and let them tell you which one is which, I'll guess the performing teams name will begin with Saint.

After the game you can then go to the nearest meeting room (probably a pub at that time) and discuss your observations of each team.

You get to watch the football, your staff get a great (ok I might have taken that bit too far) insight into a performing/non-performing team and Saints manage to sell a few more tickets, win win.

Genius idea but It is first aid training.

They would all need first aid after being subjected to us without prior experience! !!

on the same evening man utd play man citylive on tv

whoever makes these crazy decsions for our club needs there head checked anyone who might have went on the wed will now almost def not go as that game is on the tv totaly crazy was same as teh celtic game

weve known this fixture was there from begining of the season yet we change it a few weeks beforehand when fol have requested shifts etc club are a shambles with things lie this .

i for one too the wed off and im lucky in an eraly shift on the tuesday

whoever makes these crazy decsions for our club needs there head checked anyone who might have went on the wed will now almost def not go as that game is on the tv totaly crazy was same as teh celtic game

weve known this fixture was there from begining of the season yet we change it a few weeks beforehand when fol have requested shifts etc club are a shambles with things lie this .

stop being reasonable and talking sense... people think we are whinging for the sake of it and have no right to complain or are doing so for the hell of it!!! bangin.gifwhistling.gif

Actually, I give a f*ck. I had booked a flight to come over and now I've had to change it. That's cost me even more money to come and watch this dull, meaningless game. I book in advance to try to get a reasonably priced flight, so changes of this sort (and there have been a few, although usually for the telly) cause me problems.

You do know Its a midweek game !?!? huh.png

Anyone who misses a saints game to watch two teams from another country on telly really needs to get a grip !

Miss a game coz your skint / working/ ill / babysitting /etc is fair enough but to watch another team on telly ???

eta, even " I`m no gaun back coz theyre f**kin shite " rates above telly for excuses !

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Anyone who misses a saints game to watch two teams from another country on telly really needs to get a grip !

Miss a game coz your skint / working/ ill / babysitting /etc is fair enough but to watch another team on telly ???

what about "potential" customers / fans for the night? Surely a few neutrals could be enticed if the conditions were right?

I've been to Firhill twice this season due to sensible pricing at their ground when unable to get to a Saints game.

There may well be a few neutrals put off... but let's not be open minded! rifle.gif

what about "potential" customers / fans for the night? Surely a few neutrals could be enticed if the conditions were right?

I've been to Firhill twice this season due to sensible pricing at their ground when unable to get to a Saints game.

There may well be a few neutrals put off... but let's not be open minded! rifle.gif

I really dont see many "potential customers" willing to turn up on a cold (probably wet) march midweek to watch Saints .

As for the right conditions ? IF we were riding high & playing well with pricing or ticket promos to entice them then perhaps yes. But how many neutrals are willing to freeze their balls off to watch poor football & pay £20 for the privelage ?................. Especially if they read this forum first !! tongue.png

I really dont see many "potential customers" willing to turn up on a cold (probably wet) march midweek to watch Saints .

As for the right conditions ? IF we were riding high & playing well with pricing or ticket promos to entice them then perhaps yes. But how many neutrals are willing to freeze their balls off to watch poor football & pay £20 for the privelage ?................. Especially if they read this forum first !! tongue.png

exactly... so if I were to invite a friend to go in my place as I have been shafted at short notice... and he was to say "bugger off, I'm not going to sit in the cold to watch that crap when I can stay at home and watch the equally crap Man Utd".. ... he wouldn't really have to "get a grip" after all... thanks for helping me defeat your argument!

thumbup2.giftongue.pngwink.png

exactly... so if I were to invite a friend to go in my place as I have been shafted at short notice... and he was to say "bugger off, I'm not going to sit in the cold to watch that crap when I can stay at home and watch the equally crap Man Utd".. ... he wouldn't really have to "get a grip" after all... thanks for helping me defeat your argument!

thumbup2.giftongue.pngwink.png

If you check my post , it clearly says anyone who MISSES a saints game to watch man u & C needs to get a grip. So point out to me again where you defeated my argument .huh.pngcool.pngwink.png

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

If you check my post , it clearly says anyone who MISSES a saints game to watch man u & C needs to get a grip. So point out to me again where you defeated my argument .huh.pngcool.pngwink.png

I didn't defeat it... you did that for me buddy!

... how many neutrals are willing to freeze their balls off to watch poor football...

I couldn't give my season ticket away to a friend even if I offered a free steak and gravy thrown in... as they would take your advice and avoid freezing their balls off when there is a game on the telly! ;)

Contact B I EK, he clearly has a list of pals who are queueing up waiting to be offered a front row seat at the theatre of dreams !