The Board

As this is a thread about board I wrote this when I was bored does that count.

I had this rather strange dream the other night that I thought I would share with you in the chance that someone more intelligent could decipher what it means.

It was based around a boating pond where 12 kids meet regularly to race their boats

All the remote control boats had names such as Mirren, Deen, Tic, Thistle, etc.

At the side were the operators of the boats. The boat Mirren was being operated by wee Danny. Well actually wee Danny was hiding in the bushes and had passed the remote to his pal Tommy. The boats Dunty and Rossty were being operated by the bully boys Jackie and Derek.

At one point Jackie and Derek were throwing stones trying to sink the Mirren or at best dislodges the good skipper from it. When wee Danny emerged from the bush collected the stones and gave them back to the bullies. I am sure at one point Danny threw a few stones at the good skipper himself.

Later on wee Danny shouted some sweary words at Derek and was sent home and put to bed with no tea. Thankfully wee Danny went and said sorry to the bully.

The Tic boat was the largest and flashiest boat in the pond. In the middle of the pond there was another flashy boat that had been sunk called the Rang. Not sure of the full name as the letters were under the water. At the side they were trying to rescue the boat using lots of expensive balloons.

There was another boat called Heartless that was moored at the side. Gary the Heartless operator was moaning about lack of parts for the boat and that it might have to sink.

Also watching on was wee Dannys parents, Stuart and his wife Sher Holder. It is a tangled relationship. Stuart wants a divorce from Sher and his share of the assets they have accrued in their marriage. Worse still, Stuart has been touting Sher on dating agencies for the last few years in the hope that someone else marries her. The most recent interest came from some strange Swiss man called Tober. Stuart has warned that wee Danny will be getting put up for adoption in a few months as the Swiss Tober may not want children like him around. The Swiss option only came about because Stuart was CiC of being messed about.

Then I woke up.

I had this rather strange dream the other night that I thought I would share with you in the chance that someone more intelligent could decipher what it means.

It was based around a boating pond where 12 kids meet regularly to race their boats

At the side were the operators of the boats. The boat Mirren was being operated by wee Danny. Well actually wee Danny was hiding in the bushes and had passed the remote to his pal Tommy. The boats Dunty and Rossty were being operated by the bully boys Jackie and Derek.

At one point Jackie and Derek were throwing stones trying to sink the Mirren or at best dislodges the good skipper from it. When wee Danny emerged from the bush collected the stones and gave them back to the bullies. I am sure at one point Danny threw a few stones at the good skipper himself.

Later on wee Danny shouted some sweary words at Derek and was sent home and put to bed with no tea. Thankfully wee Danny went and said sorry to the bully.

The Tic boat was the largest and flashiest boat in the pond. In the middle of the pond there was another flashy boat that had been sunk called the Rang. Not sure of the full name as the letters were under the water. At the side they were trying to rescue the boat using lots of expensive balloons.

There was another boat called Heartless that was moored at the side. Gary the Heartless operator was moaning about lack of parts for the boat and that it might have to sink.

Also watching on was wee Dannys parents, Stuart and his wife Sher Holder. It is a tangled relationship. Stuart wants a divorce from Sher and his share of the assets they have accrued in their marriage. Worse still, Stuart has been touting Sher on dating agencies for the last few years in the hope that someone else marries her. The most recent interest came from some strange Swiss man called Tober. Stuart has warned that wee Danny will be getting put up for adoption in a few months as the Swiss Tober may not want children like him around. The Swiss option only came about because Stuart was CiC of being messed about.

Then I woke up.

Wish you had woke up quicker. snore.gif

Then I woke up.

I hope your mummy supervises your internet activities.

Any St Mirren fan who doesn't have complete respect and gratitude to these guys who saved the club from extinction are either not aware of the facts or are completely ignorant and ungrateful.

The fact that these guys have no more money to put in, and after 15 years or so want to to take their money back and hand over the reigns to someone else isn't a crime.

Your facts are flawed I'm afraid. They got their money back with the sale of Love St , now that is a fact. What we're talking about now is them making a profit !

Then I woke up.

I'm glad you woke up cos that is a bag of shite as far as dreams are concerned

Your facts are flawed I'm afraid. They got their money back with the sale of Love St , now that is a fact. What we're talking about now is them making a profit !

And have stopped any investment by anyone else as that would reduce their profit when they sell, so stagnation

Sorry Norrie but you are simply regurgitating what has been said on many other threads and countless posts within those threads. Everyone is fully aware of the situation and the long term ramifications but it is not going to change anything by continually talking about it on here. We are now at the precipice and as fans all we can really do is get behind the team to the best of our ability both at the game and any forums that we post on. I also hate the situation but as a club we have been here many times before and seen it through. Thats what comes with being St Mirren and its now time for all fans to stand up and be counted as personalities within the team come and go but the club will always remain. SMTID.

Fair enough if you want to move it please do. Was just a rant sorry if it's repetitive

I remain a worried man as I have been for much of my adult life owing to the support I give to this damnable but wonderful football club of our's. As I have said elsewhere I would like to see a real shake up at the club, one big throw of the dice whereby a message of intent is sent to player's and fan's alike with the allocation of some welcome gardening leave to our stressed out manager. A new broom to sweep clean, that new manager "bounce" to see us shake up our predictable style of play, play player's in the correct position's, make the player's earn the place in the first team and take this situation by the throat and banish all thought's of relegation within a few short weeks.

Remind me how things are working out for SPL the clubs who have replaced managers in the summer or during this season?

Hibs finished last season 7th under Fenlon and as cup finalists and this season sit 7th under Terry Butcher

Kilmarnock finished 9th last season under Kenny Shiels and now sit 8th but only 3 points ahead of 11th placed St Mirren Football Club (pte ltd company).

Inverness finished 4th last season under Terry Butcher and now currently sit in 4th Place at the moment.

Meanwhile in the Championship Kenny Shiels took over at Morton when they were sitting 10th and 5 points adrift at the bottom of the table and now has bounced them up to er 10th place and 12 points behind.

All of which begs the question, where is this new managerial bounce that you desire?

Any St Mirren fan who doesn't have complete respect and gratitude to these guys who saved the club from extinction are either not aware of the facts or are completely ignorant and ungrateful.

The fact that these guys have no more money to put in, and after 15 years or so want to to take their money back and hand over the reigns to someone else isn't a crime. They also want to sell to someone who has the club's interests at heart, or who will do the right thing by the club, and these types of buyers aren't falling over themselves to buy us.

Again I will say, I'll take relegation every time rather than the fate that would have awaited us had the current chairman and directors not stepped in and kept us in existence.

The board have done a miraculous job I am indebted to them as is every fan. I was not meaning it to be we should sack the board just that I am sure had we a better situation with the owners the current uncertainty and form may have been avoided.

Sorry Norrie but you are simply regurgitating what has been said on many other threads and countless posts within those threads. Everyone is fully aware of the situation and the long term ramifications but it is not going to change anything by continually talking about it on here. We are now at the precipice and as fans all we can really do is get behind the team to the best of our ability both at the game and any forums that we post on. I also hate the situation but as a club we have been here many times before and seen it through. Thats what comes with being St Mirren and its now time for all fans to stand up and be counted as personalities within the team come and go but the club will always remain. SMTID.

Fair enough if you want to move it please do. Was just a rant sorry if it's repetitive

Great Thread !

I cannae wait for the 2nd paragraph :snore

Ha ah good one. Sorry it was late

Most of what Norrie has said has been all said before. We are ALL hurting because we ALL want the club to do better.

Saturday's game is huge and it is vital we all get behind the team and I'm certain the fans will.

Saturday could decide a few people's futures at the club. I hope we win and win big and go on the secure our status in the league, however the flip side of losing could well be the last straw for the BOD.

I really think we will see a big reaction tommorow

So you have nothing to say about Adams signing about 18 players in the last 2 windows and taking County from 5th last season to 1 point above a St Mirren team with a "clueless" (to use your words) manager in charge?

TBH I don't give a monkeys about Adams or any other club for that matter.

Are you taking me to task on my description of Lennon ? There can't be much doubt that he is clueless , or are you another who's attempting to defend his horrific win ratio !

The new owners must think he's clueless too ? happy.png

TBH I don't give a monkeys about Adams or any other club for that matter.

Are you taking me to task on my description of Lennon ? There can't be much doubt that he is clueless , or are you another who's attempting to defend his horrific win ratio !

The new owners must think he's clueless too ? happy.png

I would suggest more supporters are "clueless".

Easy to criticise when people don't really have a "clue". whistling.gif

Since you've been screaming for him to go for quite some time, and it could happen soon, doesn't make your irrational reasoning correct.

Figure it out.

Figure what out ? That he would be long gone if the BOD were prepared to forego some of their dosh and pay him off ?

Tell us your thoughts , he's had eight wins in a year and would be away if he had been with any other full time Scottish Club ! That's not irrational reasoning , it's common sense !

Instead of all this negativity get yourselves along to the game tomorrow, it's a massive game. A win would put us on joint points with kilmarnock and most likely leapfrog one of Ross county or Partick with them playing each other. You'd think we were relegated already, this is the time "SUPPORTERS" need to SUPPORT their teams, during the tough times