Celebration Night

League Cup Celebrations & Quiz Night

Its almost one year on from our historic cup win and what will forever more be remembered and known as "St Mirren's Day" to all loyal buddies. With this in mind we are aware many of the towns bars and retailers plan to turn the town black and white for the weekend and we at the St Mirren Fans Council want to do our bit.

A relaxed social event is planned for Sunday 16th of March in the hospitality suite at the stadium, kicking off at 7pm

. The evening is a chance to get together with like minded buddies and celebrate the... 5 years at our new ground and to relive the league cup final.
Tickets for the event will be £7.00 and this will include one drink at the bar and also a finger buffet.

One of the main events of the night will be an opportunity to take part in a quiz with some of your St Mirren Idols as team captains, with a round of drinks for the winning team.
Teams will consist of teams of ten, but don't worry if you have a smaller group or want to come along on your own, as all Saints fans are welcome and we will team you up with other like minded Saints supporters on the night.

A small entry fee of £1 per person is payable on the night for those wishing to take part in the quiz.

Based on previous similar events we have organised, we require tickets to be purchased in advance as previous events have been a sell out.

Tickets will also be required for entry on the night.

Tickets can be purchased from the clubs Main Reception and Ticket Office.

Further details are available at The St.Mirren Fans Council website at www.supportsmfc.co.uk or by e mailing [email protected]

Its almost one year on from our historic cup win and what will forever more be remembered and known as "St Mirren's Day" to all loyal buddies. With this in mind we are aware many of the towns bars and retailers plan to turn the town black and white for the weekend and we at the St Mirren Fans Council want to do our bit.

A relaxed social event is planned for Sunday 16th of March in the hospitality suite at the stadium, kicking off at 7pm

. The evening is a chance to get together with like minded buddies and celebrate the... 5 years at our new ground and to relive the league cup final.

Tickets for the event will be £7.00 and this will include one drink at the bar and also a finger buffet.

One of the main events of the night will be an opportunity to take part in a quiz with some of your St Mirren Idols as team captains, with a round of drinks for the winning team.

Teams will consist of teams of ten, but don't worry if you have a smaller group or want to come along on your own, as all Saints fans are welcome and we will team you up with other like minded Saints supporters on the night.

A small entry fee of £1 per person is payable on the night for those wishing to take part in the quiz.

Based on previous similar events we have organised, we require tickets to be purchased in advance as previous events have been a sell out.

Further details are available at The St.Mirren Fans Council website at www.supportsmfc.co.uk or by e mailing [email protected]

Good on you for organising this I hope it goes well.

how many tickets are available, and how many have been pre-sold to fans council meeting members, and also why have the recent meeting minutes not been updated since november, i have heard that the fans council are not allowed to report to non meeting members on certain info they receive at meetings - is this true

Edited by buddiecat

Good on you for organising this I hope it goes well.

Nice of you to say, but I cant take credit for organising it, I was just asked to pass on the info, But I knew the doom merchants would be about, every time someone try's to do something for the club, there is always someone wanting to have a pop at them, are these people really St,Mirren fans, To slag off your own fans and the club your suppose to support is despicable, God only knows what kind of kick they get out of it. They said that last thing they organised something for the club it would be doomed to failure and made £4000, They slagged of the golf day, ended a cracking day for players and fans and raised £2000, so if these so-called fans can do better get involved instead hiding behind a keyboard slagging off decent people trying their best for a club they love,

Nice of you to say, but I cant take credit for organising it, I was just asked to pass on the info, But I knew the doom merchants would be about, every time someone try's to do something for the club, there is always someone wanting to have a pop at them, are these people really St,Mirren fans, To slag off your own fans and the club your suppose to support is despicable, God only knows what kind of kick they get out of it. They said that last thing they organised something for the club it would be doomed to failure and made £4000, They slagged of the golf day, ended a cracking day for players and fans and raised £2000, so if these so-called fans can do better get involved instead hiding behind a keyboard slagging off decent people trying their best for a club they love,

Good post and good luck with the event.

Well said, what about these doom and gloom merchants go and organise an event. I would like to attend their event and maybe all the rest of us will be able to copy them ...oh I sorry they are too busy with a keyboard

FWIW , it's not doom and gloom , not from me anyway. I just feel that the way things have panned out that now isn't the time for any kind of celebration , we have far more important things on our plates to consider such as the future of the club if we can't pick things up this season !

There are 200 tickets available this was set by club for hospitality suite.....players manager coaches etc are not included in that total. Plenty tickets for fans to get a hold of. So how many tickets do u require buddiecat?

I believe buddiecat is fully aware of the goings on within the fans council. At least he was until he saw the bigger picture !

The guys on the fan council would be as well waiting for hell to freeze over than waiting for a 'good time' to organise an event. If it doesn't take place against a backdrop of a poor run of results, it could be at a time of boardroom uncertainty, a poor transfer window, a manager under pressure, or a star player having a square go with the Airdrie polis.

Good on the fan council I say. Good luck with this latest venture.

The guys on the fan council would be as well waiting for hell to freeze over than waiting for a 'good time' to organise an event. If it doesn't take place against a backdrop of a poor run of results, it could be at a time of boardroom uncertainty, a poor transfer window, a manager under pressure, or a star player having a square go with the Airdrie polis.

Good on the fan council I say. Good luck with this latest venture.

Well said Poz. One would think that an event such as this would take a bit of organising so the current shit soup that is our clubs fortunes at present are somewhat outwith the control of the fans council.

I like the concept of us supporting "St Mirrens day" on a weekend when some of the less desirable in our town will be celebrating a Saint of another country. I shall pop in this week and buy a ticket or two. The price is very good as well.

As ever good luck with it and I am looking forward to it.

Lets hear it, What is the bigger picture with the fans council, all there doing is trying to raise money for projects to help the club,

Hopefully we will not hear it. As someone who attended the fans council AGM I was very impressed by the energy of the people involved. They are clearly motivated decent fans of our club who are taking an opportunity to do something constructive for our club.

If I were a bit younger this is the very kind of thing that I would happily have involved myself in. So I will repeat myself, lets not hear it.

I like the opportunities that the fans council are presenting for fans to interact with the players. The golf day was brilliant and I am sure this will be as well. Opportunities like this do not just happen, someone has to organise it so hats off to them. I am looking forward to the buffet already!

Lets hear it, What is the bigger picture with the fans council, all there doing is trying to raise money for projects to help the club,

the facts i know are that the minutes are not fully representative of what is said at meetings, like the time i mentioned that people on bawa were asking me to raise a question regarding more affordable events, i raised that and was met with silence,then the minutes reported that i questioned the cost for the previous cup celebration night - which was totally wrong - i was as i said asking for additional more affordable events for those who are on a tight budget,

unfortunately the councils' promise to be a bridge between fans and club is not being fulfilled only the promise to raise funds is on the agenda, i scoffed at someone on here who said that the council was only set up to raise funds - i was wrong to scoff - i appologise,

I volunteered for a project regarding siting playstations under the family stand and was given the runaround and ignored by mr caldwell when trying to get details to construct cabinets when he did eventually meet me to discuss this he promised to get me sizes of the consoles the very next day by e-mail, after about three weeks i gave up waiting and pulled out of the council meetings, the next minutes stated two people had left - they mentioned us both and thanked the other person for giving his time to the council, totally ignoring the time i had spent on that and on other things, is it any wonder i have a bee in my bonnet about them.

i have no agenda against you personally gary,so dont hit me on saturday please boxing.gif

Excellent idea, well done Gary & The Council.

March 17th 2013, my greatest ever day being a St Mirren Supporter.

I will treasure it forever.

regardless of all else going on at the club just now & disgruntlement amongst supporters, nights like this might just give a variety of folk {players, staff, BoD, supporters} connected to the club a wee psychological boost and that alone, makes events like this worth it.

It's not everyone's idea of a good time and that is fine but for those who do go [i wish I was one but living in London....} I'm sure will have a good night.

Best wishes for a craicing night

It isn't though , and if you think otherwise then you have even less of an understanding about the situation than I assumed.

So, having this "celebration" would be detrimental our current situation? blink.png

I would suggest it matters not one jot, therefore it's worthwhile for everybody who chooses to attend and celebrate a truly remarkable achievement.

Just my opinion you understand.

It would take a real diehard to celebrate anything these days , but surely no-one could consider celebrating 5 years at the new ground , it has proved to be the death knell of the previously vocal Saints support.

The vocal St Mirren support diminished a bit when the away fans were moved from the Northbank and put in the Caledonia End.

Presently when the West Bank eventually do sing it's is louder than what it was at the old place.