What A Piece Of Nonsense

pod

She was a reformist who was in charge of the UK during some of our darkest times. The constant threat of nuclear war and the regular disruption to every day lives by Unions who were completely out of control added to the fact that her government inherited a council housing stock that was in the most part unfit for human habitation.

She turned it around, taking on the USSR head on - beating them not with guns and bombs - but with her ferocious personalty. The population of the USSR were so taken with this powerful lady Prime Minister that they didn't just start to scale down the number of nuclear weapons that they had pointed at us, they actually surrendered to Western Ideology ending Communism in the Eastern Bloc. She took on the Unions and won with such a determination and force that the Trade Union movement has never been able to regain the kind of unfettered power to adversely affect our collective lives, and she sold off the Council Housing Stock providing those, even those on low incomes, with a Right To Buy that would allow them to take ownership of their own homes.

She is a national treasure, she was a fantastic leader and she deserves to have her own memorial day.

She was a reformist who was in charge of the UK during some of our darkest times. The constant threat of nuclear war and the regular disruption to every day lives by Unions who were completely out of control added to the fact that her government inherited a council housing stock that was in the most part unfit for human habitation.

She turned it around, taking on the USSR head on - beating them not with guns and bombs - but with her ferocious personalty. The population of the USSR were so taken with this powerful lady Prime Minister that they didn't just start to scale down the number of nuclear weapons that they had pointed at us, they actually surrendered to Western Ideology ending Communism in the Eastern Bloc. She took on the Unions and won with such a determination and force that the Trade Union movement has never been able to regain the kind of unfettered power to adversely affect our collective lives, and she sold off the Council Housing Stock providing those, even those on low incomes, with a Right To Buy that would allow them to take ownership of their own homes.

She is a national treasure, she was a fantastic leader and she deserves to have her own memorial day.

I will happily commemorate the day she died.

We should never forget that day, and the contribution it made in terms of enriching the lives of so many of us.

From hereon in, I propose we remember it as Ding Dong Day.

I worked in a factory in johnstone in the late 80 s ..maggie was there to open a brand new machine on a tour of the west of scotland..the obligatory white gloves in place for the mad basta.d ..i seen about half dozen cocks stuck in those gloves and for a fact one was diseased as the owner openly told us..after that great day every time i saw maggie waving i always thought of vd and pish smelling fingers..thks for the laughs maggie.

She single handedly made sure of a yes vote for our own Scottish Parliament with tax raising power and wiped the Tory vote in Scotland out completely.

That's a good point and worth remembering.

Without people like Thatcher we'd never be on the verge of Independence.

It's not what happens to you which determines who you are - it's your response to it.

6 months away from guaranteeing this never happens again.

I worked in a factory in johnstone in the late 80 s ..maggie was there to open a brand new machine on a tour of the west of scotland..the obligatory white gloves in place for the mad basta.d ..i seen about half dozen cocks stuck in those gloves and for a fact one was diseased as the owner openly told us..after that great day every time i saw maggie waving i always thought of vd and pish smelling fingers..thks for the laughs maggie.

As much damage as Thatcher did, this story above (if true which I very much doubt) makes all of you a hundred times worse than her.In fact you know what? This is just made up. There's no way management would have left a set of gloves for her lying around.

So true i never worked in my youth..but at thames house..well thats a bit different..story is true softy..main mad man was an ex para..aff his nut..the gloves lay at an door to be put on befpre touching plebs hand and pulling the cord to open the machine..i can still see the slight puss marks..

Cock watcher......:rolleyes:

I will happily commemorate the day she died.

We should never forget that day, and the contribution it made in terms of enriching the lives of so many of us.

From hereon in, I propose we remember it as Ding Dong Day.

Nope Ding Dong day was the day I help your wife put up that IKEA cupboardwhistling.gif

Good Sunderland fans as well Dicko

Not heard that in ages, cheers windae cleaner. It was the firemans strike in 1977 that made my auld man take us to Shetland and I suppose I've had a great life up here. Thatcher was a cockess of the highest order though. Mon the firemen.

Not heard that in ages, cheers windae cleaner. It was the firemans strike in 1977 that made my auld man take us to Shetland and I suppose I've had a great life up here. Thatcher was a cockess of the highest order though. Mon the firemen.

Yer auld man will know my auld boy then if he worked in Canal St

up there with THE FEGS classic..f&c# maggie she stole ma dole..classic..guess coe wrote 10% of most of it..