Alan Pardew

Buffs

Newcastle have fined him £100,000 and he is facing a lengthy touchline ban for the headbutting incident at Hull.

MOTD have been discussing this and some saying he should be dismissed or resign!

Bit of an overreaction in my opinion. Of course he shouldnt have done it but hes apologised to everybody concerned and has accepted the club fine.

Cant believe that twat Hansen is congratulating the Hull player for not rolling about the ground clutching his head.

Pardew has previous for touchline confrontations but I like the guy and his passion.

Newcastle have fined him £100,000 and he is facing a lengthy touchline ban for the headbutting incident at Hull.

MOTD have been discussing this and some saying he should be dismissed or resign!

Bit of an overreaction in my opinion. Of course he shouldnt have done it but hes apologised to everybody concerned and has accepted the club fine.

Cant believe that twat Hansen is congratulating the Hull player for not rolling about the ground clutching his head.

Pardew has previous for touchline confrontations but I like the guy and his passion.

just saw it...

the player pushed him first... aye Pardew took the bait and moved his head towards the player... but contact was minimal... if at all... hardly a "headbutt"!

Is Pardew about to become the English "Ghost"?

Difficult one that. Think I will flip a coin.....

Heads.......Neil Lennon

Tails..........Derek Adams

pardew is a twat - "i was trying to push him away with my head" aye right, he had stood in the way of the player - after letting the ball run past him and in my opinion was looking for trouble,

sorry oscar , i quoted on you comment but no link to it was meant

Edited by buddiecat

pardew is a twat - "i was trying to push him away with my head" aye right, he had stood in the way of the player - after letting the ball run past him and in my opinion was looking for trouble,

sorry oscar , i quoted on you comment but no link to it was meant

No problem buddiecat.

How did Pardew keep his job?

If I had moved my head towards another person at work I would probably be sacked on the spot and have a bit of serious explaining to do to the boys in blue.

No problem buddiecat.

If I had moved my head towards another person at work I would probably be sacked on the spot and have a bit of serious explaining to do to the boys in blue.

Taking it a bit too far. Where do you draw the line. Head butt - sacked. How about a punch ? or an elbow to the face ? (watch out Goody )

Taking it a bit too far. Where do you draw the line. Head butt - sacked. How about a punch ? or an elbow to the face ? (watch out Goody )

We are talking about a manager, not a player. Headbutt, punch, elbow in face by a player - red card & disciplined. Same offences by a manager - sack him!

No problem buddiecat.

if we're going to make such comparisons, I watched a prog about dangerous drivers earlier. A driver gets from his car and punches a cyclist twice in the head. He was fined £600. Pardew has been fined £100000 by his club and thats before the FA get hold of him. Doesn't seem proportionate to me. He reacted stupidly in the heat of the moment, has admitted as much and will accept his punishment. He could not be more apologetic. The way some in the media are talking, he should be sharing a cell with Lee rigbys murderers or the yorkshire ripper.

if we're going to make such comparisons, I watched a prog about dangerous drivers earlier. A driver gets from his car and punches a cyclist twice in the head. He was fined £600. Pardew has been fined £100000 by his club and thats before the FA get hold of him. Doesn't seem proportionate to me. He reacted stupidly in the heat of the moment, has admitted as much and will accept his punishment. He could not be more apologetic. The way some in the media are talking, he should be sharing a cell with Lee rigbys murderers or the yorkshire ripper.

i could accept that if it was in a moment,butt he waited a few seconds after the push before - pushing him with his head lol.gif

As i say, he's reacted badly and angrily, but he's human like anyone else. Let's face it most people would have been wound up by Meylers push. That's not trying to justify it. It's just that i can understand why he's reacted. While we're on the subject, how come if a player raises his hands/pushes another player he gets sent off, yet pushing a manager only merits a booking?