Dundee United V St Mirren 15/3/14

A couple of weeks till this game, not sure if that's a good thing or not after yesterdays result but, hey ho.

They've picked up a bit again, winning the last 3 league games and scoring 3 goals in each of them including missing 2 penalties in yesterdays game against Hibs.

Still, our games against them can go anyway so nothing to suggest we can't get a result.

Dundee United 2 - 2 St Mirren.

I'll leave the team/tactics to the manager.

A couple of weeks till this game, not sure if that's a good thing or not after yesterdays result but, hey ho.

They've picked up a bit again, winning the last 3 league games and scoring 3 goals in each of them including missing 2 penalties in yesterdays game against Hibs.

Still, our games against them can go anyway so nothing to suggest we can't get a result.

Dundee United 2 - 2 St Mirren.

I'll leave the team/tactics to the manager.

Indeed Sir !

Danny knows best.

Danny has a real dilemna for this one.

The team coped without Goodie yesterday and United's young guns have plenty of pace.

Does he stay with our youth to match up the vitality and drive or does he put a slower but more experienced campaigner alongside those lads?

I think I'll forget about this game until nearer the time and instead enjoy my wee break in Tunisia basking in, hopefully, the sunshine AND the afterglow of a good performance and win v Killie.

Danny has a real dilemna for this one.

The team coped without Goodie yesterday and United's young guns have plenty of pace.

Does he stay with our youth to match up the vitality and drive or does he put a slower but more experienced campaigner alongside those lads?

I think I'll forget about this game until nearer the time and instead enjoy my wee break in Tunisia basking in, hopefully, the sunshine AND the afterglow of a good performance and win v Killie.

It shouldn't be too much of a dilemma, Goodwin is still suspended and Djembax2 has been a failed experiment so far. The guy clearly has something about him, decent feet, nice touches, but jeezo he is so slow and every tackle he lunges into could be a booking. Stick with the youngsters for Tannadice!

Two of our worst perfromances of the season have came at Tannadice, and they are a really strong team who are back in form. We will do extremely well to avoid a beating here.

Let's not forget we have beaten this team. Like us they can blow hot and cold and on our day we can beat any team. Confidence plays a huge role in the game and our lads know the last game against them at Tannadice was a close thing. Nothing to fear IMHO.

Hopefully the wee break will help Thommo out, he clearly needs a rest.

Seen some pictures and videos on twitter of the players (or most of them) in Dublin on Sunday and Monday so hope the win combined with a bit of old fashioned team bonding has us ready to produce another performance like the home Dundee Utd game.

Let's not forget we have beaten this team. Like us they can blow hot and cold and on our day we can beat any team. Confidence plays a huge role in the game and our lads know the last game against them at Tannadice was a close thing. Nothing to fear IMHO.

We certainly have a chance, but beating them in Dundee will be a damn sight harder than beating them in Paisley. We need them to have an off day and we need to play at the top of our game if we are going to get anything. If United play to the best of their ability we will lose regardless of what we do.

Our next two games are at Tannadice and Parkhead, i think we will be doing very well if we get one point from these two games.

Before we beat them 4-1 in December they had won:

1-0

4-1

4-1

5-2

4-1

4-0

If it was as straight forward as taking previous results into account the bookies would be poor, they're not. thumbup2.gif

Before we beat them 4-1 in December they had won:

1-0

4-1

4-1

5-2

4-1

4-0

If it was as straight forward as taking previous results into account the bookies would be poor, they're not. thumbup2.gif

We'll f*ck their run up again and spoil Mr McNamara's day. clap.gif

Let's not forget we have beaten this team. Like us they can blow hot and cold and on our day we can beat any team (My addition - apart from Celtic). Confidence plays a huge role in the game and our lads know the last game against them at Tannadice was a close thing. Nothing to fear IMHO.

The problem is we don't have enough of them, I'd love it if we can go on a run like we did earlier in the season but a failure to adequately address our problem areas - a second goalscoring option and an error prone defence make it more likely that we'll stumble through the rest of the season in the manner we have spent the majority of Lennon's tenure. spudnikconfounded.gif

COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Fingers crossed for a positive result but it will be tough game against a form side.

10 of us are on the 940am megabus from glasgow so at least the beer will soften the potential hammering.

And are you all free bus pass holders or just look and feel very old?

United look to be coming good again after their mid-season slump, which was understandable given the number of young players in their team. Cifti looks to be a fantastic player who is on top form which is a worry. That said, we won the last game and the players have had a rest (Thommo especially). I can see us getting a draw out of this but will be hoping for a win.