Dundee United V St Mirren 15/3/14

Dundee United scored their first in 79 minutes, meaning we went into the last 10 minutes we were only 1 goal ahead and we probably played the most injury time too.

Oh well, I stand corrected then. It clearly wasn't the f**king appalling capitulation I first thought it was.

We lost by 1 goal at Tannadice. Take a deep breath and relax, it's no disaster. We still have enough.

We will stay up, we will finish above 11th. You can take that to the bank, put it in my account, tell them Lex sent you.

I not so sure like I said last week when we've gone behind this season we've only come back once for a draw - against Kilmarnock back in August and that took Boyd getting sent off for retaliation. One thing's for sure we wouldn't have come back from two goals down even with the help of a few dodgy decisions.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Our defence is threadbare, short on ability, makes mistakes and buckles under pressure.

We knew this at the start of the transfer window and what happened? Lennon sold our most experienced defender to our rivals and signed an expensive, unfit midfielder who has already disappeared from the starting 11.

I really fear for us after today. We will score goals but no-one, not even the defender themselves, have confidence that we won't concede. That could be the killer in the pressure cooker of the next two months.

Worse than that, in all likelihood we're subsidizing Mair's wages at Thistle, other than that I agree wholeheartedly.

Edited by Bud the Baker

What a difference a year makes eh ! We haven't pushed on at all and today summed up our season for me. We have decent players but the spine of the team just isnt there and we need to start fighting before it's too late. Looks like the board have chosen to stick rather than twist - lets hope the gamble comes off !

Just back from Dundee. 2-0 up at H/T and cruising. Darren McGregor was strolling around like Franz Beckenbauer - he had McKay Steven in his hip pocket. Our midfield were running the show.

Into the second half and more of the same. An absolute doddle - a walk in the park. We had chances to go 3 and 4 up easy. Thommo sclaffed one, so did McLean, Newton, McGinn, McGowan. Kelly waltzed through them easily too, final ball was poor. Across in the far corner, McGregor and Magennis were taking the piss. The Arabs fans were in a rage. Every challenge they screamed for a foul, or handball. We were fcuking STROLLING towards victory.

Dodgy offside and we crumble. Like a pack of cards in a hurricane.

Shitebag bottlers.

things have not been right since the week long booze up after the Cup Final a year ago. I wonder if the manager approved of that....or if he had no choice other than to go along with it.

I just wonder what the f**k they were drinking at it's literally caused the longest hangover ever known!

Let's forget about today and move on.

We seemingly played well for most of the match.

There is hope.

Stick with Danny and the boys.

Meanwhile, there is an anniversary of a Cup win to celebrate.

GET ON WITH IT ! clap.gif

Edited by shull

We are cursed, we reinvent great failure and can currently demonstrate the slowest team failure and implosion known to man........I expect nothing less, I'm a Saints fan and I know the low blows keep coming , it's the ST Mirren gift that keeps on giving

When I'm not in pain , there's something wrong........today proved that beyond doubt, another abject boot in the haw maws.....",......pathetic,.........but I'm hanging in for my next kicking , bring it on !

St Mirren fans deserve better, but we keep bouncing back , in hope, in anticipation, amidst the tears of utter frustration.........................

Let's forget about today and move on.

We seemingly played well for most of the match.

There is hope.

Stick with Danny and the boys.

Meanwhile, there is an anniversary of a Cup win to celebrate.

GET ON WITH IT ! clap.gif

Wee dan is out of here!!

Danny and the team should write a book, 101 different ways to lose a football match. We are now well and truly in a dog fight and with hibs also losing it makes the post split games very nerve wracking indeed. It's going to be about bottle. Are we up for it? How many great escapes can we perform? I worry that going into the split we will have lost a lot of games while the others around us are grinding out wins. We need to treat the post split games as a clean sheet and the start of a mini league otherwise I fear we are goosed.