Dundee United V St Mirren 15/3/14

This photo clearly shows 3 I repeat 3 Utd players offside by more than 5ft , a couple of feet........maybe the benefit of the doubt, one player maybe the benefit of the doubt......... but this????? Downright feckin cheating, where is the compliance officer today

That photo doesn't clearly show ANYTHING. It's a static photo taken AFTER the ball has been played.

This is the behaviour of OF fans FFS.

We lost becauise we weren't good enough to hold on to a 2 goal lead.

Accept and move on.

You say WE would have found a way.

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but broadly from what I can gather we were comfortably on top until the offside decision?

Of course our attitude to that should have been different, but from the pic on P&B it looks like the defence held a perfect line negating a United attack.

If that was the changing point in the game, it didn't look like we could have done much to avoid it.

Linesman makes an easy to call decision correctly and we win the game.

I was at the game.

The non offside decision by the officials was a disgrace.

I say "officials", plural, as a Sunday amateur referee, who would not have had an assistant referee to help him would have seen the offside and called it.

I can only assume that we will not see the standside assistant referee at a SPL game, or indeed at a Championship game, for some time.

You say WE would have found a way.

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but broadly from what I can gather we were comfortably on top until the offside decision?

Of course our attitude to that should have been different, but from the pic on P&B it looks like the defence held a perfect line negating a United attack.

If that was the changing point in the game, it didn't look like we could have done much to avoid it.

Linesman makes an easy to call decision correctly and we win the game.

Yes, I believe that such was our collapse following the initial poor offside goal, that the arse had completely fallen out of our team both individually and collectively. We surrendered a two goal lead in 11 minutes. Couldn't even tighten it up and escape with a point. Not this St Mirren team - we managed to lose from a position where we were absolutely walking it. Dundee United did not turn into Barcelona - we shat it.

I firmly believe that if we had been four up, and maybe with a few more minutes on the clock, Danny Lennon's St Mirren would have lost 5-4. I sat there watching the collapse. It was unreal, the support had been magnificent all day and we were stunned, absolutely shocked.

It was a truly pathetic collapse from a team who were in complete control of every aspect of the game. We genuinely were strolling to victory.

Yes, I believe that such was our collapse following the initial poor offside goal, that the arse had completely fallen out of our team both individually and collectively. We surrendered a two goal lead in 11 minutes. Couldn't even tighten it up and escape with a point. Not this St Mirren team - we managed to lose from a position where we were absolutely walking it. Dundee United did not turn into Barcelona - we shat it.

I firmly believe that if we had been four up, and maybe with a few more minutes on the clock, Danny Lennon's St Mirren would have lost 5-4. I sat there watching the collapse. It was unreal, the support had been magnificent all day and we were stunned, absolutely shocked.

It was a truly pathetic collapse from a team who were in complete control of every aspect of the game. We genuinely were strolling to victory.

This is what worries me the most - we are so soft and have been for years. Lennon has to take the blame for littering our team with prima-donnas who are too fond of their yellow/pink boots and fancy haircuts. Only Goodwin, Thommo and arguably Cheesy are ever up for a scrap. It's sad. If we do end up in a play off all I can imagine is the 1st Division kicking a few of our team in the first few mins, our guys shitting themselves and deciding that they aren't up for a fight and the hungrier team prevails. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Just seen the highlights for the first time there, fcuking shocking decision for united's

1st, they were offside possibly 3 times leading up to that goal, it no doubt gave them

belief and we shit ourselves, their 3rd (kellos fumble) seemed to sum up our luck right now.

Dannys been getting some amount of shit on here for that last 10mins, but he can do fcuk all

about decision's and bad luck like that, but the players out there need to take a good look at

themselves, there bottles well and truly crashed.....

Edited by scrappy coco

Truly is a staggering passage of play their first goal.

post-2667-0-33493100-1395003446_thumb.jp

3 players inluding the player the ball is passed to and the eventual goalscorer Graham.

Graham chucks it knowing he is offside and just jogs on with his arms aloft looking at the linesman

post-2667-0-83680500-1395003615_thumb.jp

Realises play is continuing...next pass out wide he's still offside

post-2667-0-44812600-1395003630_thumb.jp

Into the box...passes across 6 yard box....he's offside again

post-2667-0-16822300-1395003639_thumb.jp

and just in case you thought the ball was cut backwards...no he puts it in from about 4 yards

post-2667-0-11179100-1395003650_thumb.jp

I honestly think that is beyond incompetence...the margins there for me are someone making a deliberate decision to ignore.

While I have my capture tool out Cifci's winner.......30 yard run over the boards and nearly into the street outside, followed by half the team.
No yellow card ?

post-2667-0-31768400-1395003658_thumb.jp
How far off the field of play did he have to go.......absolutely no consistency what so ever.

A blatant offside goal and two blunders. Just the things that happen when you're down at the bottom. Most of us would have happily accepted a point, even surrendering a two goal lead, but the third was a real sickener. Kello looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him up. Obviously I wasn't at the match but after watching the highlights it would be harsh to be over critical. We seem to get punished for every mistake and get away with nothing which will only serve to make the players more nervous. Football is a confidence game and perhaps we will have more options with teale returning to fitness. The thing is I will always be a buddie irrespective of how we play or what division we are in. I've experienced incredible highs and heartbreaking lows and a wild guess says this will continue because it's who we are. Angry and emotional reactions after a defeat are all part and parcel of being a fan. I lost count of the number of times I came out of love street vowing never to be back after a bad defeat then returning for the next game and singing my head off, the pain of the last defeat a distant memory. So roll on Saturday and the pain and anxiety we all know and love

Truly is a staggering passage of play their first goal.

Dundee Unt 1.jpg

3 players inluding the player the ball is passed to and the eventual goalscorer Graham.

Graham chucks it knowing he is offside and just jogs on with his arms aloft looking at the linesman

Dundee Unt 2.jpg

Realises play is continuing...next pass out wide he's still offside

Dundee Unt 3.jpg

Into the box...passes across 6 yard box....he's offside again

Dundee Unt 4.jpg

and just in case you thought the ball was cut backwards...no he puts it in from about 4 yards

Dundee Unt 5.jpg

I honestly think that is beyond incompetence...the margins there for me are someone making a deliberate decision to ignore.

While I have my capture tool out Cifci's winner.......30 yard run over the boards and nearly into the street outside, followed by half the team.

No yellow card ?

Dundee Unt 6.jpg

How far off the field of play did he have to go.......absolutely no consistency what so ever.

Unbelievable

No yellow card ?

Dundee Unt 6.jpg

He would also have been sent off if his gesture to St Mirren fans had been seen as he returned to his own half after this.

He would also have been sent off if his gesture to St Mirren fans had been seen as he returned to his own half after this.

Did he seriously not get booked even for the first celebration?

How long must we keep our mouths shut and say it's just one of these things, or they even out over a season.

Something very strange going on at that game yesterday.

The offside decision that really changed the game, is just beyond incompetence.

Edited by Bobby_F

Just watched the highlights on Shitescene. Looks like we were robbed. All I can say is that the linesman should never be allowed near a top flight game again. Getting one decision wrong is just about acceptable, it happens, but for the same thing to happen seconds later is unforgivable.

And you and others ALWAYS blaming DL.

FFS, get a grip and grow up, things aint that simple, in the real world.

faraway once you pay hard cash & go to games criticize me. My opinion and most on this forum is that DL's time is up long time ago at that. Hope that helps.

This thread reminds me of the rage from the st mirren fans directed at the officials, earlier in the season. When, for two games in a row Goodwin decided to become a goalkeeper.

Sorry, my mistake.

Hand ball is one of the greyest areas in the game.

Maybe those evened up the outrageous decision that, Samson aside, would have cost us the League Cup semi last year.

The linesman has a much simpler job. Offside is a rule that is pretty straightforward.

Sometimes it can be tight and hard to call, sometimes it is clear as day.

Yesterday it was so clear, even the United players stopped.

I think Saints fans have every right to be angry over it.

faraway once you pay hard cash & go to games criticize me. My opinion and most on this forum is that DL's time is up long time ago at that. Hope that helps.

I've been to games, but that's not the criteria for being allowed to return a comment you aimed at me. 1eye.gif

As I said, life's simple, for some.

Doubt you'll "get it" but that's no surprise. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

This thread reminds me of the rage from the st mirren fans directed at the officials, earlier in the season. When, for two games in a row Goodwin decided to become a goalkeepe

Sorry, my mistake.

Dave, a cheap shot as this is not in the same category as the incident you raised.

Decisions like this can cost people livelihoods. thumbdown.gif

Wasn't at the game and was listening on open all mics, whoever it was that was reporting on our game was in disbelieve that it wasn't called offside. Didn't see sportscene last night, did they talk about it or just sweep it under the carpet?

They thought it was hilarious.

When will we hear from the SFA?

I believe the referee is equally culpable. The referee looked up and across at his assistant referee, but he must have seen it himself.

A disgrace.

An apology from the SFA referees club should be forthcoming.

Just watched the highlights, whoever that linesman is should never ever run the line again in any game if that is how incompetent he is, that decision cost us 3 points and could ultimately cost us our place in the top division. Hopefully we are taking this up with the SPL and not just accepting another bad decision against us.