Dundee United V St Mirren 15/3/14

Let's be honest here. This was an awful result, given the fact that we were 2-0 up. There's NO excuse. Never mind the 'offside' goal - we seem incapable of holding on to a lead if we're under any pressure at all. This might be down to a lack of motivation, or poor fitness levels, or ineffective training methods - all issues that are down to the management team. But the players must take a long hard look at themselves - they are the guys on the park.

Easy with hindsight but maybe we should have shored up when coasting at 2-0?

Wylde is not know as a grafter, why bring him on?

Just saying like, still stunned.

Feel sorry for the fans that traveled and now heading home.

Injury to Naismith was the reason for bringing Wylde on. We seemed to be light on defenders on the subs bench today as well.

Our season won't be judged against United or top 6 teams, it will be judged against the dross around us, which is worrying as between hearts! Partick, county and Killie we have managed 4 wins. You can dress it up all you like about the first goal being offside but I would expect the players to fight even more to make sure it didn't matter.

There seems to be no back bone to our team, gutless if you like. We've had leads in a number of games this season and came away without the 3 points, and doing that twice against hearts and the capitulation today is why I just can't see us turning it around. I think we would have enough to beat any team in the playoffs but we would have to turn up in the right frame of mind.

The biggest disappointment today was making the change when we were comfortable at 2 nil, unless Naismith was injured I can't see why he tinkered with things.

Would love to be optimistic but it's pretty hard at the moment

Our season won't be judged against United or top 6 teams, it will be judged against the dross around us, which is worrying as between hearts! Partick, county and Killie we have managed 4 wins. You can dress it up all you like about the first goal being offside but I would expect the players to fight even more to make sure it didn't matter.

There seems to be no back bone to our team, gutless if you like. We've had leads in a number of games this season and came away without the 3 points, and doing that twice against hearts and the capitulation today is why I just can't see us turning it around. I think we would have enough to beat any team in the playoffs but we would have to turn up in the right frame of mind.

The biggest disappointment today was making the change when we were comfortable at 2 nil, unless Naismith was injured I can't see why he tinkered with things.

Would love to be optimistic but it's pretty hard at the moment

He was.

Amazing how many are posting within 15 minutes of us losing yet were silent a couple of weeks ago? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Anyway, as Drew said, a real kick in the guts.

Hard to take after being 2-0 up, killer first goal for them changed the game.

Ach well, few drinks and the world will be a better place, oh, and a St Johnstone win. wink.png

I think the world would be a better place if you f**ked off ,anyone truly upset wouldnt be pulling fellow supporters up at this time

I don't see much to blame DL for today. Final stats for the game

Possession: DUFC 51%, SMFC 49%

Shots: DUFC 18, SMFC 20

Corners: DUFC 4, SMFC 2

Fouls: DUFC 6, SMFC 9

Dundee United get their winner in injury time and their first goal is clearly offside. The offside goal gives United a lift and after looking out of it for most of the first 80 minutes they throw everything including the kitchen sink at us for the final 10 minutes and injury time.

Wasn't there today but by the sounds of it we simply got battered in last 10 mins. You need big players and leaders when that happens and we simply don't have them. That, IMO, is Lennon's fault as he's had more than enough time to bring better defenders to the club that can stand up to pressure when it counts.

All this talk of bad luck today has me really worried as that's the same shit the relegated team spouts every year.

Since he left the club, Lee Mair has suddenly become as good as Franco Baresi in his prime.

Regardless of today's result, Mair was mostly pish for us.

We should've signed a better defender than Lee Mair in the transfer window - that's the problem.

Gutting result. Not sure how Lennon can be blamed. We were the better team but have been undone by a howler of a decision and a howler from Kello.

Just had this argument with a mate of mine who's travelling back and said we were magnificent. Magnificent? We lost three f**king goals in a calamitous final 11 mins. That simply shouldn't happen. I know that momentum is important in football and Utd's first goal would have given them a glimmer of hope but that glimmer should have been extinguished by us simply throttling the life out of the game and closing it out. Who actually expected that to happen? Me neither.

Whether you blame Danny for today or not his body of work is just not good enough and today's result could have a disastrous impact on an already fragile team.

We played brilliantly at Easter Road, went 3-0 up and we're hanging on at the end. Today, by all accounts we were even better for a longer part of the game and caved in with 10 to go. Now Lennon's supporters will point to the fact that we played brilliantly in both games whilst the other side of the argument is we almost capitulated in both despite commanding leads.

Ultimately the results have been shite and, if we stick with him now, we're likely headed for a nerve jangling playoff, a loss in which would set this club back 10 years.

Edited by DLBud

To play right back?

Or because we didn't concede goals when he was playing.....

We are short at the back but FFS Lee Mair is not the answer.

disagree david. He was disgarded too soon and to let him go to a rival was criminal. His experience has helped shore thistle up at the back and their recent result is testament to that

disagree david. He was disgarded too soon and to let him go to a rival was criminal. His experience has helped shore thistle up at the back and their recent result is testament to that

We don't miss him at all mate, not in the slightest IMHO but I would agree that we shouldn't have shipped him to Thistle.

Since he left the club, Lee Mair has suddenly become as good as Franco Baresi in his prime.

Regardless of today's result, Mair was mostly pish for us.

We should've signed a better defender than Lee Mair in the transfer window - that's the problem.

agree with this but he could still have done a job for us. Our best run of form came with him in the team starting with a 2-0 at tynecastle

For the sake of context there were 41 teams in British senior football leading going into the final ten minutes today. Only 5 of those teams didn't win but we were the only team to lose from that winning position and the other four were only up by one goal.

agree with this but he could still have done a job for us. Our best run of form came with him in the team starting with a 2-0 at tynecastle

We've been over this a million times.

Several things happened around this period that contributed to our change in form.

We also went on to concede 10 goals in our next 3 games with Lee Mair starting at CB.