Dundee United V St Mirren 15/3/14

Aye, a staggering decision. Even so, it should have fired up a sense of righteous indignation and steely determination, rather than toys out the pram and dismal capitulation.

Very difficult to put into one reaction Drew.

Sure we should have been fired up but look what it done to United, very hard to simply categorise.

I have to admit, a real sore one, added into the fact both Thistle and County won.

Really couldn't have been any worse TBH.

Aye, a staggering decision. Even so, it should have fired up a sense of righteous indignation and steely determination, rather than toys out the pram and dismal capitulation.

Toys out the pram and a total lack of concentration following it is spot on. Wee McGinn (who had been absolutely outstanding) suddenly turned into some sort of angry Neil Lennon / Scott Brown type. Sniping at the linesman, having words with Danny right in front of where we were sitting, continuing to give the linesman sarcastic looks and when he did give us a subsequent offside, McGinn sarcastically nodded like the Churchill Insurance nodding dog and had the red mist look on his face.

As I say, the lad had been absolutely outstanding all day - as had Gowser, as had McGregor who was absolutely strolling through the game. Magennis had slotted in magnificently at right back. Commanding headers, crunching tackles, setting up attacks with long throws.... Newton was getting stuck in, as was Kenny McLean. Kenny McLean looked like he'd taken some Roy Keane tablets - he was hard in the challenge and was well up for it.

Then that dodgy offside and our entire team shat thrmselves. Absolutely fcuking bottled it and threw the game away in a sickening fashion.

Inexcusable. Absolutely bottled it individually and collectively. United weren't at the races. No-where near us. Danny Lennon's St Mirren side are soft as shite with no spine when the going gets tough. We can find ways to not only throw away multiple 1-0 leads, but now 2-0 leads with 11 minutes to go, in a game where 4, 5, or 6-0 to St Mirren wouldn't have flattered us.

Worth mentioning that the away support sounded tremendous yesterday. Their singing was evident through Open All Mikes, though understandably it was more muted in the last ten minutes.

The players let themselves and the manager down yesterday, but most of all the supporters who travelled through to Dundee. They didn't deserve that. Absolutely shocking.

Edited by Drew

If we had been 4-0 up, we'd have found a way to lose 5-4. That's definitely how it felt sitting there watching us disappear up our own arses.

You say WE would have found a way.

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but broadly from what I can gather we were comfortably on top until the offside decision?

Of course our attitude to that should have been different, but from the pic on P&B it looks like the defence held a perfect line negating a United attack.

If that was the changing point in the game, it didn't look like we could have done much to avoid it.

Linesman makes an easy to call decision correctly and we win the game.

On the decision itself I didn't think I'd ever see a clearer offside than the one not given against Barrowman a few weeks back.

Didn't have to wait too long to be proved wrong.

Suggest that any official may get a decision wrong for any reason other than incompetence and you are accused of paranoia.

Surely no Sunday league official is that incompetent, let alone one playing at the highest level.

I said at the time that I really didn't like the sub of Wylde for Naismith, and from that point on it was down hill rapidly.

We were unlucky Jason got injured and we just don't have any defensive cover as Danny released half our defence in January without replacing them. Josh had a nightmare when he was moved to right back and was badly at fault for their second goal.

But, before then I seen enough from us to make me believe we have what it takes to stay up. We will lose at Parkhead next week, but then we have 3 huge games before the split and 3 very winnable ones IMO. They are Saintees home, ICT away and Motherwell home.

I said at the time that I really didn't like the sub of Wylde for Naismith, and from that point on it was down hill rapidly.

We were unlucky Jason got injured and we just don't have any defensive cover as Danny released half our defence in January without replacing them. Josh had a nightmare when he was moved to right back and was badly at fault for their second goal.

But, before then I seen enough from us to make me believe we have what it takes to stay up. We will lose at Parkhead next week, but then we have 3 huge games before the split and 3 very winnable ones IMO. They are Saintees home, ICT away and Motherwell home.

But knowing us more likely to lose.

This season we have gone ahead in matches on 15 occasions.

In 7 of them we've held onto win, 3 we've drawn and 5 of them we've ended up losing. Take a lead and more than half the time we won't hold on, a third of the time we'll get beat!

It would be understandable if there were grumblings from some of the players playing further up the park as they do their job but it counts for nothing as the players behind them give away cheap goals. Lennon's continued inability to deal with that will cost him his job and possibly us our place in the top league.

By all accounts, we played very well yesterday.

Keep with positives and we'll be fine.

We have some drama queens

We did play well, first half was as good as we've played since Hibs away. Then Naismith got injured, the linesman made a mistake and the game got away from us.

Still a lot of positives to be taken though.

If yesterday's outcome is what happens when we play well, God help us if we have an off day!

We will win 1-0 :-)

According to the United fans, St J were appallingly bad against them during week, and won the match.

We turn up, play some great football, and lose.

Funny old game!

Shull wish you'd get a grip, drama queens, ffs wake up smell the coffee.

Woke up and smelling and drinking Tetley's Tea.

Do you know this is Cup Final anniversary weekend ?

Get yir DVD on relax and enjoy.

Interestingly optimistic point of view as playing Dundee United and Celtic away from home would suggest, certainly with the bookies, we will get hee haw?

Could be seen as another deliberate chance to set us up for a fall?

Anyway, todays game is going to be difficult, nothing is impossible so we have to hope WE maintain some half decent form from the KIllie game and give this a good go.

A point would be welcome, 3 points.........................almost as welcome as a result we had almost a year ago.

Let's hope we don't go a goal down, we're not great at coming back if we lose the first goal.

Was actually a genuine post. Saints played v v well for 78 mins then collapsed

Willie Miller and Ginger Spence were raving about us on the radio yesterday - 'tearing Utd apart', 'only one team in it', 'attacking controlled football' etc, etc. We have just got to keep that going in the rest of the games and come up with a different strategy for the last 10 mins.:)

Willie Miller and Ginger Spence were raving about us on the radio yesterday - 'tearing Utd apart', 'only one team in it', 'attacking controlled football' etc, etc. We have just got to keep that going in the rest of the games and come up with a different strategy for the last 10 mins.smile.png

Aye, get the Ref to blaw for full time at 80 minutes.

Willie Miller and Ginger Spence were raving about us on the radio yesterday - 'tearing Utd apart', 'only one team in it', 'attacking controlled football' etc, etc. We have just got to keep that going in the rest of the games and come up with a different strategy for the last 10 mins.smile.png

Must have been good as Miller normally gives us no credit at all

A big worry we still got beat though

We ripped the pish out of Alloa for doing this back in the dark days.

2-0 down and not at the races at Recreation Park, the ref gave us a joke of a penalty. Alloa then totally lost the place and managed to lose 3-2 after completely dominating beforehand. We were pishing ourselves laughing at the state of their left back, in particular, who spent the rest of the game in a rage after the penalty.

That was a relegation season for Alloa.

Carnage on here as predicted.

If we do go down (and we're miles from that stage yet), it looks like some are determined to have a complete mental breakdown in the process.

I always thought that when things go tough, that's when you displayed the characteristics of a man or a woman - you got your head down, remained focussed and got stuck in until the end was CONFIRMED.

In a perverse way, being close to disaster is what makes a man (and I can only speak for myself being a man actually brings you to life. Every sense focusses on what's needed next and that is attempting to get something of of Celtic in the next game.

So you'll forgive me if dno't want to wander around like an aristocrat from the 1910's wailing "woe is me" and making excessive use of smelling salts and my fainting chair.

Honestly folks, get a fecking grip and man up.