Dundee United V St Mirren 15/3/14

Wasn't at the game and was listening on open all mics, whoever it was that was reporting on our game was in disbelieve that it wasn't called offside. Didn't see sportscene last night, did they talk about it or just sweep it under the carpet?

Nip over to the "sideboard" and see this decision that almost certainly cost us 3 points.

Would be interesting to see another angle showing where the linesman was, the only reason I can possible think for him getting it so wrong is that he was behing the play.

I was further away from the incident than the assistant referee.

I was sitting in the stand in the Dundee Utd half with the St. Mirren support.

I was sitting further away than the forth official.

I was sitting further away than the referee.

Myself and everyone around me say the offside immediately, as did the Dundee Utd fans who sat a few seats away from me.

The only excuse the assistant referee could have is that he was looking at his feet and forgot what his role was in the game.

There's got to be some sort of action taken. Fair enough they can't go back and chop a goal off but if they can give out suspensions for players caught on video putting in a bad tackle surely they can pull up an official for sheer incompetance.

P.S. What are the rules regarding the referee giving an offside, can he call it even if the linesman doesn't flag or does he have to go with the linesman's decision?

Edited by irvine_buddie

There's got to be some sort of action taken. Fair enough they can't go back and chop a goal off but if they can give out suspensions for players caught on video putting in a bad tackle surely they can pull up an official for sheer incompetance.

P.S. What are the rules regarding the referee giving an offside, can he call it even if the linesman doesn't flag or does he have to go with the linesman's decision?

Without looking up the rules I'm pretty sure the ref can use his own judgement and ignore the linesman. But if the ref's behind play as he usually is when there's a quick break, he would have to be very,very sure. I bet he's phoned the linesman by now and told him he's a c**t.

Play to the whistle, and it never went. Goal stands and no point moaning about it, those are the breaks in football.

Next match is the most important, we need to take full points to stay in touch with the others. Oh , hold on, its Celtic away, better make that the match after next.

Play to the whistle, and it never went. Goal stands and no point moaning about it, those are the breaks in football.

Next match is the most important, we need to take full points to stay in touch with the others. Oh , hold on, its Celtic away, better make that the match after next.

To be fair, they did play to the whistle, no-one stopped apart from the Dundee United player. But united have gained an unfair advantage of a few yards which has lead to a goal.

I hope all this discussion is very distracting for the "Lennon must go" brigade? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Lennon should go, at end of day, we were ahead and lost 3 goals in 11 minutes. How many games after half time have we made c*nt of it? Yes down to players too but ultimate blame lies at his door. Faraway even you cant deny that.

BBC pundits laughed at the decision , didn't,t discuss the importance of the ridicously wrong decision . A bit like like last year when Dundee,s " winner " didn't, cross the line.

BBC / SFA have got it in for us , they re more interested in trying to ruin Jim Goodwins career , than they are in trying ensure their is fair play .

Bet we end up with three away games after the split

Bad decisions are part of the game - a team should be able to rise above them, should even be able to raise their game in response to them. In itself this game adds nothing significant to the should he stay or should he go debate it's just another drip in the Chinese water torture that we have endured this season.

We're currently 11th in the league and have the poorest form of the bottom six clubs since Jan 1st when the transfer window opened - there's still the H2H games post-split to play but I'd suggest it would be taking optimism to the extreme to think that we'll finish anywhere but the play-off spot at which point even our BoD will be forced to act.

Yup we can have 5 minutes looking at Jim Goodwin from every possible angle but a potential season, club future and career changing decision gets a quick giggle.

Incidently I may be mistaken but isn't this linesman the same guy who's eyesight and judgement was so good he came on the park to over rule the referee who gave us a penalty against Motherwell when Conor Newton was brought down.

He was awfully keen to get his flag up that day.

We're currently 11th in the league and have the poorest form of the bottom six clubs since Jan 1st when the transfer window opened - there's still the H2H games post-split to play but I'd suggest it would be taking optimism to the extreme to think that we'll finish anywhere but the play-off spot at which point even our BoD will be forced to act.

I'm expecting action from the board soon , although I don't think we'll be doing ourselves any favours by appointing a new regime , either temp or permanent , before a game at Parkhead ! The fakes at home sounds like a good winnable starting point for any new guy/s coming in, lets hope the BOD see it the same way !

Watched it last night - appalling decision, the BBC coverage was also Amatuer at best.

The best thing that can happen here is that the players don't feel sorry for themselves, but that DL Motivates them, Makes them feel indignant and Angry and out to prove all the doubters wrong, they redouble their efforts and use this as motivation for the next 9 cup finals. It is obvious that the BBC treat us as a joke, and dont think we belong in the SPFL. Lets prove them wrong. Lets get indignant and Angry. We're in the top league we intend to stay there? Lets prove it. 9 Huge perfomances. Give us the show and the fans will do their bit. Lets get it right up the rest of the league.

feck em

Edited by charlie

Bad decisions are part of the game - a team should be able to rise above them, should even be able to raise their game in response to them. In itself this game adds nothing significant to the should he stay or should he go debate it's just another drip in the Chinese water torture that we have endured this season.

Agreed. The problem is that when we lost the first goal, even with so little time to go , I knew we would lose . Same as at Easter Road but we luckily got way with a hand ball . We need to show a lot more bottle.

Never felt so low after a game since the 9 man defeat in the League Cup final

Dave, a cheap shot as this is not in the same category as the incident you raised.

Decisions like this can cost people livelihoods. thumbdown.gif

An isolated decision like an offside goal could cost peoples livelihoods? who's, the linesmans?

how do you grade it? does a goal scored from a debatable offside not cost someone their livelihood but an obvious offside does?

All i'm saying is, luck works both ways and St Mirren have got out of jail on a couple of occasions this season. luck evens it's self out over a season.

don't forget, this wasn't a winning goal, it wasn't even an equaliser. your team was 2 nil up. if you mean DL's livelihood, then i think the next two goals would have more of an effect than the first.