Dundee United V St Mirren 15/3/14

I'm expecting action from the board soon , although I don't think we'll be doing ourselves any favours by appointing a new regime , either temp or permanent , before a game at Parkhead ! The fakes at home sounds like a good winnable starting point for any new guy/s coming in, lets hope the BOD see it the same way !

Nice one, billy - you'll get your timing right sometime....

I admire your patience and persistence.

Apparently 'god' loves a trier! smile.png

Edited by bluto

Q. Do you think Danny will still be boss if we are 11th going into the split ?

Like you, I believe DL will depart some time. :)

Unlike you, I have not been prophesying this every other week, for months.

Unlike you, I am not a prophet, despite my thread parodying Highland Seers. :rolleyes:

a. It will cost to get rid.

b. There's no guarantee that new staff could help in any way.

c. Having seen the edited version of Saturday and read comments from those who were there, DL did not cause the collapse.

d. Logically, then, I might expect him to be there till the bitter/successful end and I believe that could well be what happens. And he'd have my wholehearted support in that endeavour.

e. There is little logic in fitba. :(

Like you, I believe DL will depart some time. smile.png

Unlike you, I have not been prophesying this every other week, for months.

Unlike you, I am not a prophet, despite my thread parodying Highland Seers. rolleyes.gif

a. It will cost to get rid.

b. There's no guarantee that new staff could help in any way.

c. Having seen the edited version of Saturday and read comments from those who were there, DL did not cause the collapse.

d. Logically, then, I might expect him to be there till the bitter/successful end and I believe that could well be what happens. And he'd have my wholehearted support in that endeavour.

e. There is little logic in fitba. sad.png

You've misread my posts. I have said continually over the past 12 months that in my opinion he should go , not that he will go ! More recently I have said that he'll go before the end of the season . When he goes the timing will be down to the new Scottish owners ! thumbup2.gif

You've misread my posts. I have said continually over the past 12 months that in my opinion he should go , not that he will go ! More recently I have said that he'll go before the end of the season . When he goes the timing will be down to the new Scottish owners ! thumbup2.gif

The Easdales?Flush.gif

Fair play, you've improved upon the tactic you employed for constantly dissing Gus, when the operative word (to cover the repeated inevitable failure in prediction) was 'if'. lol.gif

Now, it's 'should'... Quite good, I love a nice bit of equivocation. smile.png

But it hasn't improved your hit rate.

DL's still here.

And I am prepared to stick my neck out and go as far as predict that DL will still be here... until he has gone.

Edited by bluto

Looking at the change in the game having only seen the highlights for me shows how we miss Goodwin or even DD in the middle breaking things up. Their three goals came through the park almost unchallenged save for our players running into each other if that counts as a challenge.

Some lazy legs by the likes of Mclean etc for the third with everyone looking back and thinking "somebody else will track back and challenge"....

It's important to note the players that got themselves two in front, also let Utd score three with virtual ease... maybe Danny is to blame??? as surely if he had his 'bits' on then they wouldn't have ridden our midfield like fat mill lassies roon shuttle street of a friday night.

Looking at the change in the game having only seen the highlights for me shows how we miss Goodwin or even DD in the middle breaking things up. Their three goals came through the park almost unchallenged save for our players running into each other if that counts as a challenge.

Some lazy legs by the likes of Mclean etc for the third with everyone looking back and thinking "somebody else will track back and challenge"....

It's important to note the players that got themselves two in front, also let Utd score three with virtual ease... maybe Danny is to blame??? as surely if he had his 'bits' on then they wouldn't have ridden our midfield like fat mill lassies roon shuttle street of a friday night.

I think we have improved since dropping DD and Goodwin being suspended, we beat Kilmarnock and played really well for 80 minutes against Dundee United. Maybe at 2-0 we could have used one of them but unfortunately had neither available.

I think we have improved since dropping DD and Goodwin being suspended, we beat Kilmarnock and played really well for 80 minutes against Dundee United. Maybe at 2-0 we could have used one of them but unfortunately had neither available.

Ouch..!

Don't think you are going to get too many fans buying into us having played well on Saturday..?

Mind you Oscar Pistorious's lawyer maintains he had been protecting his girlfriend from burglars all night, except for the last ten minutes or so...

Ouch..!

Don't think you are going to get too many fans buying into us having played well on Saturday..?

Mind you Oscar Pistorious's lawyer maintains he had been protecting his girlfriend from burglars all night, except for the last ten minutes or so...

Well I wasn't there but judging by the comments on here from those that were and the radio commentary we were excellent until they scored and then we collapsed. Hence why I said for 80 minutes.

The referee has the final say and only takes linesmans advice. He can call a decision with or without the linesman. He should have called it offside.

This is true but rarely happens.

Big egos with top level referees and their team.

Don't want to look bad and admit they got it wrong

You find the linesman will be back doing the juniors next week but they will be no mention of it

attachicon.gifDundee Unt 6.jpg
How far off the field of play did he have to go.......absolutely no consistency what so ever.

Apologies ref...good old BBC just completely missed it. He was indeed booked for leading almost the entire team into Tannadice Street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnOK3qP0USM

Well not all of them of course ...just the 9

post-1859-0-79705800-1395073743_thumb.jp

Does this mean if Goodwin elbows someone again the rest of our team can pile in and after the situation is resolved there is only the one booking for the original offender ?

We missed Magennis up front when he was moved to RB for the injured Naismith. The bench wasn't conducive to any other player to fit that role, so, as someone else said, why did we not move Newton into that position.

Newton's record at RB is iffy but perhaps, in hindsight, it would have been a better option - the problem would then have been who to play at Centre Midfield?

The squad we have to see us through the rest of the season is, to say the least, threadbare. Flush.gif

That photo doesn't clearly show ANYTHING. It's a static photo taken AFTER the ball has been played.

This is the behaviour of OF fans FFS.

We lost becauise we weren't good enough to hold on to a 2 goal lead.

Accept and move on.

Have you watched the highlights yet? My original point stands. The decision was utterly ridiculous. I have accepted that there is no way to alter the fact we shipped another 2 goals after this one , but why should we just roll over and allow what is at best total incompetence and at worst cheating. I don't quite understand the reference to the Old Firm when all I was pointing out was the bleedin obvious.

Have you watched the highlights yet? My original point stands. The decision was utterly ridiculous. I have accepted that there is no way to alter the fact we shipped another 2 goals after this one , but why should we just roll over and allow what is at best total incompetence and at worst cheating. I don't quite understand the reference to the Old Firm when all I was pointing out was the bleedin obvious.

YesI've watched the highlights and watched thm closely enouh to realise that I wasn't seeing the entire Saints backline as the ball was kicked.

As the play moved onwards at least one Saints player appeared at the foot of the screen.

It looked offside from the footage but I wasn't standing directly in line with the last defender.

Still photos show absolutely nothing.

YesI've watched the highlights and watched thm closely enouh to realise that I wasn't seeing the entire Saints backline as the ball was kicked.

As the play moved onwards at least one Saints player appeared at the foot of the screen.

It looked offside from the footage but I wasn't standing directly in line with the last defender.

Still photos show absolutely nothing.

Even John Rankin speaking on Sportscene accepted that on the first pass 3 players were offside and the player who tapped the ball in for the goal was also offside ,but oh no you cant accept that maybe you were actually wrong.

It's taken me until now to pluck up the courage to watch the highlights of this one, and if anyone is deluded enough to think that wasn't one of the worst offside decisions NOT given ever, then you really ought to get your eyes tested.

Bad enough that THREE players look offside when the first pass goes through, but to then allow the player to tap the ball in from an obviously well offside position is diabolically bad.

I don't think I've seen such a shocking decision in a long, long time.

It's got f**k all to do with paranoia, and everything to do with simply witnessing dreadful decision making by match officials.

But, as usual, being St.Mirren we just accept it. No one else would.

That could be the turning point of staying up or going down via a play off, and that's just not good enough to accept meekly.

It's about time we started showing some fight. Where is it? Who's going to step up? Where's the rallying cry from the manager, the experienced players? What are the fans doing to make a fight of this?

Or are we all going to just sit back and watch us collapse every week?

Time to stop f**king about everyone, and get this sorted. Or we're going down. Up to everyone to do their bit, starting this weekend.