Cooncil Planning Applications

HSS

I always have a wee nosey at the applications which are printed in the PDE.Two caught my eye today.....

1....To turn the old RAH into flats.

This would be great for the Town.A lovely old building hopefully saved.

2....Change of use from a restaurant to a public house...34 Moss St.

This is the Sitar Indians,the old TSB for older readers.Don't know that Moss St is the best place to be opening a pub but good luck to them.

I always have a wee nosey at the applications which are printed in the PDE.Two caught my eye today.....

This is the Sitar Indians,the old TSB for older readers.Don't know that Moss St is the best place to be opening a pub but good luck to them.

a good size of place for a pub indeed, but would have to compete with prices at the last post,so some good entertainment would be required to make it a success,hope they do well, the old rah would be great for flats and also great being refurbed and maintained

:o

I thought that had already happened...? At least part of it?

Is it all just sitting empty? Derelict? :unsure:

:o

I thought that had already happened...? At least part of it?

Is it all just sitting empty? Derelict? :unsure:

Some of the side buildings have been converted but the main building is empty.It was an old folks home but new legislation brought in meant it wasn't suitable anymore.

I was in the Sitar earlier this week and it was quite busy ,a bit of a surprise they're thinking of changing they spent a good bit doing it up.

where's the old Rah? I didn't know there was an old Rah - am I being blonde without actually being blonde?

The big red sandstone building at Neilston Rd and Calside.

What did you think that building was Blondie?

I remember having to go up to the RAI (H) to see my Dad who had ripped his Achilles tendon stepping off the pavement in Wellmeadow - in these days they put you in plaster for 6 weeks and after the initial op he was bed-bound...... anyway he was in the ward on the ground floor on the left as you walked up the drive from Neilston Road, the ward with the big circular bay window and as the weather was warm and sunny the nurses had wheeled several of the bed-bound patients outside to lie / sit in the sunshine..

You can just imagine that happening nowadays ..................... jobsworth comes to mind offtopic.gif

Maybe I should invest in the flat on the ground floor with the big bay window.thumbup2.gif

The "old RAH", more correctly known as the Royal Alexandra Infirmary or RAI), was developed in two parts when its activities were moved to the RAH. The south end of the building ( the former wards 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7) were converted into flats while the north end of the building, including the Casualty Dept became the Alexandra Nursing Home which closed several years ago and has remained empty since then.

I remember having to go up to the RAI (H) to see my Dad who had ripped his Achilles tendon stepping off the pavement in Wellmeadow - in these days they put you in plaster for 6 weeks and after the initial op he was bed-bound...... anyway he was in the ward on the ground floor on the left as you walked up the drive from Neilston Road, the ward with the big circular bay window and as the weather was warm and sunny the nurses had wheeled several of the bed-bound patients outside to lie / sit in the sunshine..

You can just imagine that happening nowadays ..................... jobsworth comes to mind offtopic.gif

Maybe I should invest in the flat on the ground floor with the big bay window.thumbup2.gif

That was Ward 1 and was developed into a dwelling house when the RAI closed(See previous post).

Pretty sure the care home closed not long after a patient fell out a window.....

The care home closed because of legislation stating that all residents must have en suite facilities and there had to be disabled facilities/ramps etc.The owners couldn't afford to do this or it was not practical to do this.Quite a few care homes closed down as a result of this legislation.

I hear there's a taxi driver round Paisley that claims that some of the potholes on the roads are so big you need planning permission before you can fill them in. F**k 'em!

And i wid agree with him.

Some are huge and are everywhere, not just Paisley.