Mclean To Ipswich?

Nice to see you've managed to remember how to post after we won last Saturday. 1eye.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Lol I posted through the week ya zoomer, 1 win in 10 games doesn't quite cut the mustard with me though, Lennon is still for the high jump very shortly.

He is a good player but to be honest I thought he would have been a great player for us by now. Didn't develop as well as I thought he might. Having said that we will miss him. However it must be remembered that we won the league cup without him in the team in both the semi or the final, he did score a cracking goal in the game at Pittodrie.

D and T must be run out of paisley!!

1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Lol I posted through the week ya zoomer, 1 win in 10 games doesn't quite cut the mustard with me though, Lennon is still for the high jump very shortly.

See above..........................wouldn't be because you're a bit bitter? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Been quite glad, stops you impersonating a parrot. wink.png

I watched Paul Lambert as a young man & proclaimed to my mates " theres a future Scotland captain." yer pished they said.

I watch Kenny Mclean & i see a player with the same POTENTIAL.

Through circumstances & chance , Lambert developed into one of Scotlands few true international class players of recent years, i firmly believe Kenny has the ability to be the player that Paul Lambert was.

Football has changed but class will always shine through.

I watched Paul Lambert as a young man & proclaimed to my mates " theres a future Scotland captain." yer pished they said.

I watch Kenny Mclean & i see a player with the same POTENTIAL.

Through circumstances & chance , Lambert developed into one of Scotlands few true international class players of recent years, i firmly believe Kenny has the ability to be the player that Paul Lambert was.

Football has changed but class will always shine through.

Hmm, I'm not convinced.

I'd played against Lambert when I was kid and I didn't rate him. In his first year at St Mirren I thought he'd improved but still doubted he'd make it. But what Lambert had was a number of quality players who talked him through matches and he was willing to listen and learn. McGarvey and Fitzpatrick at St Mirren, Cooper, McCart, Krivokapic and Burley at Motherwell, and then a whole plethora of stars at Dortmund.

For me a move to Ipswich would just see McLean disappear into the same kind of mire that Simon Lappin, Stephen McGinn and Andy Dorman disappeared into with their moves to the Championship. There is also an even bigger danger in signing a pre contract agreement there in the fact that Ipswich are actually still in the promotion chase. If they do go up McLean would very quickly be sidelined. I also don't think he's in the same mould the likes of James McCarthy who did so well at Wigan and now at Everton. Time will tell of course but I think there would be much better Championship sides that McLean's agent should be pushing to get him into.

Do we not get a development fee for him , if he goes good luck and hope he does well.

In sure you're right bud.

We'll defo get development compensation and probably further compensation to replace him.

If we offer him a knew deal then we're entitled to compensation but if we release him then we wouldn't.

Edited by davidg

In sure you're right bud.

We'll defo get development compensation and probably further compensation to replace him.

If we offer him a knew deal then we're entitled to compensation but if we release him then we wouldn't.

We will get something but everyone is missing the most important issue, the most important issue indeed.

Kenny McLean is a gowfer so if he were to leave then the club need to sign a replacement gowfer to keep the number's up for the magnificent gowf day.

Add to this the fact that Danny Lennon may well need replaced and as such young Tommy Craig may go with him then we could be three gowfer's down!!!!!!!!

Kenny has been linked with them before.

I'm not convinced a championship side would take a gamble on him, as good a player as he is, he's never had a consistent season and seems to get injured every festive period.

Best thing he could do is sign a new deal, get another season in with us and sign for someone decent for a fee next season.

McLeans a very good player , but not quite there yet , but has loads of potential , our best hope would be to try and get a seasons loan deal out of whatever club he moves down to

Who could criticise for moving south for a much bigger pay packet? He has proved injury prone and if he gets through safely to the end of the season he's quite right to move on. It might be his last chance.

I'll be sorry to see him go. When he was on-song he was a delight to see and he did spectacular things from time to time. He also took some real shit from some of our 'supporters' who can't tell the difference between a classy player and a common or garden hoofer.