Mclean To Ipswich?

Martinez is good with younger players and his managerial position looks very stable at the moment. That would be the one of those three that I'd pick if I were Mr McLean. God knows what you'd be going into at Spurs and Stoke would quickly rub away any creative thoughts that he had - look at Adam's transformation since he joined them.

Ipswich would be the best bet for him IMO. He's not good enough for the EPL, at least not yet anyway. Although I'm not surprised he's been linked with these clubs after his MOTM performance on Saturday. His set piece delivery at the weekend was of devastating quality.

I think he'd play regularly at Portman Road and could maybe make it in the EPL and for Scotland if he was playing week in week out at that level for a while.

Figure of up to 400,000 euros as a development fee, given that he's been with us since he was 14.

60,000 euros for every year he's been with us since he turned 16 and 10,000 for every year before that.

According to UEFA's cross border rules.

I know we are entitled to a small fee when he leaves compared to a transfer fee, however can anyone confirm if we can dictate a sell on fee or is that only for a proper transfer deal?

Something along the lines that I posted much earlier in the thread, although I believe that figure is on the optimistic side, as it's not quite as cut and dried as the PDE made out.

All going well, we should get a sizeable amount in the end, although not nearly as much as we might have got last season.

Edited by FTOF

From the official site:

Kenny came through the youth system at St Mirren, impressing on each level that he stepped up to.

The midfielder had a loan spell with Arbroath in season 2009-2010 where he made several appearances.

Kenny made his debut for Saints in a SPL match against Hamilton Academical on October 16th 2010, making his starting debut a week later at Tynecastle against Heart of Midlothian.

In October 2010 the youngster signed a three year extension to his contract which means he will continue to ply his trade with Saints until at least the summer of 2014.

The midfielder was voted the Club’s Young Player of the Year for season 2011-2012 and was also on the short-list of nominees for the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year the same season.

Kenny continues to catch the eye of the international selectors as he has been included in recent Scotland Under 21 squads.

What age do you start/stop being a youth player?

Not many would have predicted Charlie Adam would be a Premier League regular when he was playing in the first division with us though.

In fairness, some folk still can't quite believe it... whistling.gif

I wouldn't so hastily rule out Stoke, by the way. They're still 60% hammer thrower, but are vastly different to when Pulis was in charge and Rory Delap was pinging those feckin throw-ins around.

I'd be astounded if he goes to the new club. He's far too good for them, like most of our players are to be fair. They're just a nothing 3rd tier team.

If he is a supporter, no relocation, more £, closer to the eye of strachan.

Id say that it would be a better move for the boy than a 2nd div english team.

Ask thommo.

I'm not convinced EPL sides have an interest, if they do then that's great for Kenny. As for Rangers, they asked their current squad for a 15% pay cut and they continue operate at a loss. Kenny may well be a supporter but my guess is his agent will be advising his next move to somewhere more commercially certain.