Mclean To Ipswich?

Yeah like mo camara before he'd even kicked a ball! Our fans are no better than the rangers mob

I think Camara's reputation preceded him, he was a failure at Celtic and there was no good reason to expect that he would shine for us,

add to that his reputed high-earnings and the fact that (if i recall correctly) he was a knee-jerk response to another deal collapsing and it is understandable that the fans were unhappy.. I dont think he was abused because of his Celtic connection-would that not have applied to McGowan, DVZ and others?

The wank that sits at the back of W1 when McLean stepped up to take his penalty last weekend: "You better not f**king miss this ya knob". Sums up the attitude to Kenny. Although playing one of his best games in the stripes that day, people expect more from him.

He's inconsistent at best, but definitely got the potential and quality to make it somewhere like Ipswich if he's coached well and gives 100% every week.

The wank that sits at the back of W1 when McLean stepped up to take his penalty last weekend: "You better not f**king miss this ya knob". Sums up the attitude to Kenny. Although playing one of his best games in the stripes that day, people expect more from him.

He's inconsistent at best, but definitely got the potential and quality to make it somewhere like Ipswich if he's coached well and gives 100% every week.

Please, please don't let him go anywhere near that friggin' mob from Ibrox. Surely it would be madness to even contemplate going near them anyway. It will take a miracle on the order of £30M just to start digging them out of the mess they're in. I think he has the talent to shine in the English Championship and depending how he develops, even the Premier League.

I can't recall a game that it didn't look like he gave 100%. People need to get round the idea to be good doesn't mean running around all the time. McLean is currently the best player at the club, he should go onto greater things, the only thing that may let him down is his lack of pace, but with the right training he can develop his game to get round that.

In my opinion, anyone who fails to recognise that Kenny McLean is a very accomplished footballer who has talent way beyond many we have seen come and go at the club over the decades is a clueless twonk.

He is undoubtedly one of the best three players at the club just now, and is destined for a higher level in the game (as is John McGinn). Thompson is the other player in my top three on account of his all-round contribution to the club, ability to score important goals, and general loveliness!

Kenny is a great player, We'll miss him when he moves on, but he'll go with my best wishes (unless it is to sevco....whistling.gif ).

I've read some pretty stupid comments on this site in my time, but this one takes the biscuit.

Although maybe you have a point what with all that full-on sectarian chanting at St Mirren Park, the hundreds of banners supporting terrorist organisations...

St Mirren have a support, a team and a history that we can all be proud of, and that is one accusation that could never be levelled at Rangers.

Ok apologies if my comment was taken in the wrong way. I was referring to the one trait of our support I don't like which is they seem to target certain players and shout abuse at them for no particular reason such as mo camara before he had kicked a ball even mark yardley got it for years and the big man was always banging the goals in! And I recall a supporter shouting at McGowan the season he was on loan "just go back to Celtic ya useless c**t.

Our support is of course nothing like the vile, barbaric rangers support in any other way and im glad to say religion has never come into anything our club has ever done. but our support are bad when it comes to the abuse of certain players and that includes some good ones!

We've had lots of players like Kenny, Billy Stark,Simon Lappin,Stephen McGinn to name a few. But because they did not tackle like mad men they were slaughtered by some of our "support". You never miss them till they are gone!!!!

Did anyone miss Lappin once he'd gone? His problem wasn't that he didn't graft in games. It was that he always flattered to deceive. He looked like a footballer until he played in a match.

Stark definitely got abuse from the North Bank that wasn't warranted but I don't remember McGinn getting a hard time.

Nothing to do with workrate , but I don't think McLean will do that well in the Championship. I don't think he is of a high enough standard. John McGinn on the other hand has the potential to do really well.

Did anyone miss Lappin once he'd gone? His problem wasn't that he didn't graft in games. It was that he always flattered to deceive. He looked like a footballer until he played in a match.

John Sutton certainly missed Lappin's deliveries. Lappin's departure coincided with his goals drying up, and we most certainly missed his crossing and set piece prowess.

Lappin was a very good player at the St Mirren level. This notion that he wasn't a grafter is the usual old red herring.

John Sutton certainly missed Lappin's deliveries. Lappin's departure coincided with his goals drying up, and we most certainly missed his crossing and set piece prowess.

Lappin was a very good player at the St Mirren level. This notion that he wasn't a grafter is the usual old red herring.

I liked Lappin, my only complaint was that he always seemed too eager to cross from very deep positions.

He didnt take on & pass defenders before crossing across the box rather than diagonaly into it often enough

I liked Lappin, my only complaint was that he always seemed too eager to cross from very deep positions.

He didnt take on & pass defenders before crossing across the box rather than diagonaly into it often enough

It worked alright for beckham. Lappin was a very good player as he proved when he became a Norwich first team regular in their title winning season. Also got a short term move to cardiff. Granted he didn't quite make it at the highest level but for us he was a fantastic player with a great left foot

It worked alright for beckham. Lappin was a very good player as he proved when he became a Norwich first team regular in their title winning season. Also got a short term move to cardiff. Granted he didn't quite make it at the highest level but for us he was a fantastic player with a great left foot

I think this may be the one & only time Beckham & Lappin have been mentioned in the same breath !

As i said , i liked Lappin. but hes certainly no Beckham !wacko.png

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

I think this may be the one & only time Beckham & Lappin have been mentioned in the same breath !

As i said , i liked Lappin. but hes certainly no Beckham !wacko.png

Didn't say he was anywhere near the class of Beckham, I said crossing the ball without beating a man seemed to work for beckham as this was the reason given for our fans shouting abuse at him. Can't think of many players since who have set up so many goals for us

Edited by Big Yards

Didn't say he was anywhere near the class of Beckham, I said crossing the ball without beating a man seemed to work for beckham as this was the reason given for our fans shouting abuse at him. Can't think of many players since who have set up so many goals for us

Likewise.

He was also injured for a period not long before he left us and we missed him badly then, too.

Sometimes an early cross from deep is more effective as the defence are caught on the backfoot.

Edited by Drew

Lappin didn't have the pace to get to the byline too often, but he did have a great cross.

Shame he's never really got himself a regular game at anyone for the last few years, I'm sure he can cheer himself up with his hundreds of thousands of pounds made from his decent wages though.

Hes buying a soccer team in the US.

Oh no wait, thats David Beckham, i keep getting those two mixed up ! whistling.gif

Has Lappin got a sour faced wee cow of a wife like Beckham has? I thought Lappin was a terrific player for us and he brought a lot to the team. The downside was that he was invisible in some games and did seem to get intimidated at times. It's not uncommon in skilful players. The hard men in football quite often come with a built in negative as well but they seem to be forgiven a lot more easily than the Simon Lappins of this world.

That's not my recollection of him Drew. I remember becoming increasingly frustrated with the inconsistent quality of his crossing. He could and did deliver the odd killer ball but far too often he was over hitting free kicks and corners and his floated crosses from deep were easy pickings for the oppositions defences.

As for workrate - if you read my post again you'll see I didn't criticise that. My recollection of him was that he wasn't really any different to the rest of the lads in the squad at that time. The problem for me was that he flattered to deceive. His general play was never as good as the hype around him and to be reasonably frank I couldn't believe when St Mirren were actually able to cash in on him. In a Lappin v Carey battle I'd take Carey every time, indeed in a Lappin v Peter Mackie or David Elliott battle Lappin still wouldn't have found favour with me

From Ronnie Mackay.....

Read in today's Scottish Sun how Kenny McLean hasn't ruled out staying at St Mirren..."Everyone is jumping the gun and assuming I'm away."

Would be fantastic for the club if he stayed, as he demonstrated on Saturday!

Edited by ds10