The West Highland Way

HSS

The stretch from Inversnaid to the end of the Loch is one you'll not forget for a while....enjoy!

Just about to embark on it now, wee coffee in the hotel first. And by coffee I mean pint and coffee :cheers:

Another glorious morning for walking between Rowardennan and Inversaid, not too hot and no rain or black clouds in sight.

Fair bit of rock and tree root scrambling, was tricky enough in the dry, can imagine it would be pretty treacherous in the wet.

Thoughts of the Drovers Inn at the end will hopefully see me through stage 2 of the day!

Just about to embark on it now, wee coffee in the hotel first. And by coffee I mean pint and coffee :cheers:

Another glorious morning for walking between Rowardennan and Inversaid, not too hot and no rain or black clouds in sight.

Fair bit of rock and tree root scrambling, was tricky enough in the dry, can imagine it would be pretty treacherous in the wet.

Thoughts of the Drovers Inn at the end will hopefully see me through stage 2 of the day!

PS....if any of you are tempted to do it,do me a favour.Keep your eyes peeled going from Rowerdenen to Beinglas.I dropped a wee leather pouch with a half Q in it.Finders keepers,I'd hate to see it go to waste.

Keep your eyes to the ground TC!!!!!

Keep your eyes to the ground TC!!!!!

No quarter bottle sadly :(

Some pretty tough walking though!

Great day actually, really enjoyed it. For people that have done that stage in the rain, I salute you. Was fun in the sun, can't imagine it being so enjoyable in the wet.

Signed the Doune Bothy book thinking was 30 minutes from the Drovers. 1 hour and a hill climb - wasn't much but seemed a lot at the end of a day like that - later we still weren't there. Just about made it eventually.

Doing it over 8 days, so taking it easy tomorrow, just 6 miles or so into the half way point at Crianlarich. Should be there for 12 noon and then an afternoon in the pub me thinks.

Doing it over 8 days, so taking it easy tomorrow, just 6 miles or so into the half way point at Crianlarich. Should be there for 12 noon and then an afternoon in the pub me thinks.

Be careful crossing the new road!!!

Nope at the Green Welly Stop now!

Easy day yesterday, although did result in my first blister and midgie bites of the trip :(

Got the compeed and the skin so soft on this morning and set off. The weather is still perfect, although rain is forecast for tomorrow.

Bridge of Orchy hotel tonight then the final stretch.

Nope at the Green Welly Stop now!

Easy day yesterday, although did result in my first blister and midgie bites of the trip sad.png

Got the compeed and the skin so soft on this morning and set off. The weather is still perfect, although rain is forecast for tomorrow.

Bridge of Orchy hotel tonight then the final stretch.

You doing BoO to Fort William in one go?

that would have been a bold sprint for home:)

Much too bold for us!

Great walk there from Tyndrum to Bridge of Orchy. Pretty flat and cycle path like stretch which runs beside the A82 and the railway line in a valley between some impressive peaks. Driven it plenty of times, but never really appreciated how fantastic it was until walking through it today.

5 days in and still absolutely no rain, can't see it lasting though, looks like we are going to get soaked on Rannoch Moore tomorrow :o

Couldn't really complain though, heard of people getting rained on every single day of the walk. Next stop Kingshouse.

i've never walked the whole west highland way, but have done loads of hill walking around the route and tyndrum, bridge of orchy, glen coe, kinlochleven , mamores forest area and glen nevis are some of my favourite areas. keep enjoying the scenery;)

Interesting morning today. Pouring with rain when we left Bridge Of Orcy, and were witness to a pretty horrific looking injury to another walker. Heard he's ok though.

Reached the Inveronan hotel after 40 minutes in the rain and decided to make a quick pit stop. Time we left 30 minutes later the rain had cleared and made way to superb sunshine, and so it continued for the rest of the day.

Great walk through Rannoch Moore, probably the best dal of the walk so far. The vast emptiness and the mountains were pretty awe inspiring, and I got sunburn :o

2 more days to go, next stop Kinlochleven. Devils staircase tomorrow!