St.mirren Direct Clearance Sale

awp

Working now Alan. thumbup2.gif

CLEARANCE SALE ONLINE NOW!!!

We are having a huge stock clearout and it starts online today. Check out the link for some amazing bargains.

Sale starts in store at the Stadium shop on Monday morning 10am.

http://www.stmirrendirect.co.uk/

looking good, noticed that hats etc are £5.00 but £15.00 for two whistling.gif made me chuckle

Got the beer bottle style t-shirt as a birthday present in February, and the colours all ran after 1 wash of it... someone paid £18 for that?

Just bring it back to the store with your receipt and we will have a look at it for you. We have sold quite a lot of this style with no previous problems but we will sort it for you.

I do hope that this is not the end of the line for Provans doing the Saints merchandise.

Please tell us you will still be working the shop next season AWP.

I'm afraid not. We will be leaving after the last match of the season. All merchandise is now priced to clear so grab a bargain whilst you can.

Dearie me.

Just when you thought the club had got something right...

To be fair Drew, The Club (Brian Caldwell and Campbell Kennedy in particular) have been very supportive as we tried to make a success of a stand alone "Merchandise only" shop. We have just been unable to get the footfall (and therefore turnover) up to the level required to sustain the investment in both finance and in time. We have had to admit that it's not possible for us to run in it's current form. That's not to say that someone else couldn't do it more succesfully. It just doesn't fit with our current business model. Disapponting, particularly for me personally, but sometimes you just have to admit when something is not working.

To be fair Drew, The Club (Brian Caldwell and Campbell Kennedy in particular) have been very supportive as we tried to make a success of a stand alone "Merchandise only" shop. We have just been unable to get the footfall (and therefore turnover) up to the level required to sustain the investment in both finance and in time. We have had to admit that it's not possible for us to run in it's current form. That's not to say that someone else couldn't do it more succesfully. It just doesn't fit with our current business model. Disapponting, particularly for me personally, but sometimes you just have to admit when something is not working.

Thanks for clarifying that, Alan.

When you refer to a "merchandise only" shop, what are the alternatives? A more general sportswear outlet? I can understand that this model might not work, but what do other clubs do? Motherwell being the obvious example.

Thanks for clarifying that, Alan.

When you refer to a "merchandise only" shop, what are the alternatives? A more general sportswear outlet? I can understand that this model might not work, but what do other clubs do? Motherwell being the obvious example.

By "merchandise only", I mean that we ware not selling replica kits as they are outsourced to JD Sports. As you know, we operate retail at Motherwell and Dundee but there we do the full package. We had really hoped that we would be able to make it work without the replica but for us it's just not been possible. Don't get me wrong, sales have been reasonable and the product range has been well received but we just couldn't get the numbers where we needed them.

Edited by awp

By "merchandise only", I mean that we ware not selling replica kits as they are outsourced to JD Sports. As you know, we operate retail at Motherwell and Dundee but there we do the full package. We had really hoped that we would be able to make it work without the replica but for us it's just not been possible. Don't get me wrong, sales have been reasonable and the product range has been well received but we just couldn't get the numbers where we needed them.

That's a real shame, and I fear for the future of merchandising at the club. I hope the JD Sports contract has been worth it....

Think we're between a rock and a hard place concerning replica kits and other merchandise.

JD presumably offer us a deal where we make more money than outsourcing(?) our replica strips to Provan's and probably give us our wodge at important times during the season. This is pretty important for a club with a tight budget and no overdraft facilities, as Kilmarnock are about to find out.

The downside of this, is that JD don't appear to want anything to do with the other areas of merchandising that Provan's have served us well with.

This season's combo has served us pretty well, but as AWP says, without the replica strips it really isn't financially worth it for his company.

Don't worry though, I'm sure our new owners, as well as appointing the ideal manager, will have it all sorted out to the level of perfection that some our fans seem to crave.whistling.gif

Walked past Dens Park on the way to Tannadice today, and Dundee have a decent looking club shop with replica kits proudly displayed in the window. They are a Championship club. Other lower league clubs will be similar - Ayr Utd and others.

Thanks for everything Alan. 'For supporters by supporters'.

So, what are the BoD doing to supply supporters next season with T Shirts, scarves, air fresheners for the car, bumper stickers, hats, balls, prints, golf balls, umbrellas, sweaters, polo shirts, all the gubbins?

What is their plan for an SPFL football club's merchandising operation? (I naturally assume that despite today's gutless, spineless, shitebag capitulation in surrendering a 2-0 lead with 11 minutes left we will still be an SPFL club next season.) What are the board of directors putting in place to replace what awp brought to the table for fans of St Mirren FC? I look forward to seeing their plans, and their online service to fans.

Do they have a plan? Do they give a fcuk? JD Sports will take care of all things related to kits and trainingwear for another three years - including having three stores to sell them from, and an online service. The BoD only need to sign on the JD dotted line then take hee-haw to do with kits.

So, the rest of it? All the stuff that I saw in the Dundee and Dundee United stores today? What about it? Show us what you've got.

I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by pozbaird

Walked past Dens Park on the way to Tannadice today, and Dundee have a decent looking club shop with replica kits proudly displayed in the window. They are a Championship club. Other lower league clubs will be similar - Ayr Utd and others.

Thanks for everything Alan. 'For supporters by supporters'.

So, what are the BoD doing to supply supporters next season with T Shirts, scarves, air fresheners for the car, bumper stickers, hats, balls, prints, golf balls, umbrellas, sweaters, polo shirts, all the gubbins?

What is their plan for an SPFL football club's merchandising operation? (I naturally assume that despite today's gutless, spineless, shitebag capitulation in surrendering a 2-0 lead with 11 minutes left we will still be an SPFL club next season.) What are the board of directors putting in place to replace what awp brought to the table for fans of St Mirren FC? I look forward to seeing their plans, and their online service to fans.

Do they have a plan? Do they give a fcuk? JD Sports will take care of all things related to kits and trainingwear for another three years - including having three stores to sell them from, and an online service. The BoD only need to sign on the JD dotted line then take hee-haw to do with kits.

So, the rest of it? All the stuff that I saw in the Dundee and Dundee United stores today? What about it? Show us what you've got.

I'm not holding my breath.

At least the Provan gear is built to last, it'll certainly need to going by any other non-Provan supported spell in recent times. On a side note, how long before the national side feels the JD effect...I can only imagine JD will have the full range of Scotland stock for longer than a month.

At least the Provan gear is built to last, it'll certainly need to going by any other non-Provan supported spell in recent times. On a side note, how long before the national side feels the JD effect...I can only imagine JD will have the full range of Scotland stock for longer than a month.

JD handle all aspects of kit design, manufacture and retail. The fan council are coming up with money making ideas. Supporters came up with the ideas for books and DVDs. The last time awp left, the merchandising was at best, a half-arsed disaster. Is there any reason to believe it won't be again? The last time I got involved with a project the club messed me around badly, to the point where I will never get involved with the current incumbents ever again.

With JD and the fan council doing everything, just what are the current incumbents doing? Will they even give a fcuk that we might have a half-arsed shop that makes Ayr United's look like the Manchester United megastore?

At risk of being contentious... so unlike me...

...if, on its own, the fan gear couldn't make profit for awp (an acknowledged success in that line of business and provider of an excellent service for Buddies in shop and online), then why would the club want to get involved in that business if it also couldn't make profit for them? What would be the point?

I can't pretend to understand the desire for all that fan stuff, new seasons strip(S) every year etc... I have never bought a Saints fitba strip - but have bought some of that other stuff - only from awp.

However, though I see these things as satisfying some fans' desire and (to an extent with the JD strips deal) delivering some no sweat return to the business, l can't see why St Mirren, as a slimline, economically run business has to run a wee shop... selling nick-nacks... at a loss.