Disappearing Jet

faraway saint

Wouldn't they have disappeared from any radar/satellite at some point?

FFS, TBH, I don't really give a fcuk. tongue.png

Away and check the spelling in the Sun, that'll give you something to do. laugh.png

It wasn't being tracked.

Some of its potential tracking mechanisms had been turned off - and others had not been commissioned (paid for).

It would be virtually impossible to track every metal object moving across the globe's surface at all times... if not simply uneconomic. :unsure:

However, this is why they have been turning to what satellites HAD tracked - though there has been some reticence by the SPY community to divulge all that they are now able to track and identify. Kinda immoral but you can understand why the SPY community would be that way.

I hope this helps? :)

Edited by bluto

Stating the bleedin' obvious I know, but there's something seriously weird going on here. If hi-jackers took over and diverted the plane, surely many of the 239 on board would have sent frantic phone calls or text messages - like passengers on 9/11 flights. If the pilot and co-pilot diverted the plane and it could have flown for seven hours - if not passengers noticing (hard to believe), surely senior cabin crew would smell a rat. If the thing thundered into a mountain at 500mph, surely with all the satellites trained on the area now, something would pretty easily be spotted. These spy satellites can pinpoint a hair on Vladimir Putin's head. Surely a fully loaded 777 is a tad easier to spot. If it thundered into deep water at 500 mph, it surely would have been smashed to smithereens, with all sorts coming to the surface - bodies, suitcases, seats, fuel, parts of fuselage.

I'm staggered that in this day and age there seems to be absolutely zero signs - after all this time? I think the various governments involved know fine well something sinister happened to it and are covering up the truth. Unless really crashed on 'Lost' island as I joked in another thread.

Stating the bleedin' obvious I know, but there's something seriously weird going on here. If hi-jackers took over and diverted the plane, surely many of the 239 on board would have sent frantic phone calls or text messages - like passengers on 9/11 flights. If the pilot and co-pilot diverted the plane and it could have flown for seven hours - if not passengers noticing (hard to believe), surely senior cabin crew would smell a rat. If the thing thundered into a mountain at 500mph, surely with all the satellites trained on the area now, something would pretty easily be spotted. These spy satellites can pinpoint a hair on Vladimir Putin's head. Surely a fully loaded 777 is a tad easier to spot. If it thundered into deep water at 500 mph, it surely would have been smashed to smithereens, with all sorts coming to the surface - bodies, suitcases, seats, fuel, parts of fuselage.

I'm staggered that in this day and age there seems to be absolutely zero signs - after all this time? I think the various governments involved know fine well something sinister happened to it and are covering up the truth. Unless really crashed on 'Lost' island as I joked in another thread.

Agreed and surely some terrorist group would have made some claim/demands by now?

Granted the whole episode is a bit weird but as far as sending messages /using mobile would be concerned , they were probably out of range for a signal or may have been jammed by whoever had taken control of the aircraft..

I'm quite sure , as has been alluded to already , that some agencies may already have more info than they are saying at the moment and it is even possible that a foreign power has shot down the aircraft after it appeared as unidentified on their radar screens . There are also , I would imagine , plenty of places where it could have crashed and be undetected as yet . .

Another possibility is that it landed at a prearranged airfield and has been hidden in a large hangar or with camouflage , unlikely as it would need a runway at least 1.5kms long , but you never know. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Read a theory that said gradual decompression maybe a plausible theory. It happened before on a Cypriot plane bound for Athens which crashed into a hill outside the city.

Basically the planes air compression system fails, everyone on board then starts to feel drunk, then tired then lapse slowly into unconsciousness due to a lack of oxygen. It can also effect instruments on the plane.

The plane could obviously continue to fly fine for a while but everyone on board is unconscious and it's obviously a matter of time before it goes down. It then could end up anywhere. Could have crashed into some remote mountain in Turkmenistan or into the Indian Ocean.

Out of all the theories I've heard that seems the most realistic. Explains some of the weird things the crew did, they'd have been tired and disorientated and oxygen drunk, explains why the plane seems to have kept flying for so long and explains the lack of messages from passengers.

Edited by Lex

Read a theory that said gradual decompression maybe a plausible theory. It happened before on a Cypriot plane bound for Athens which crashed into a hill outside the city.

Basically the planes air compression system fails, everyone on board then starts to feel drunk, then tired then lapse slowly into unconsciousness due to a lack of oxygen. It can also effect instruments on the plane.

The plane could obviously continue to fly fine for a while but everyone on board is unconscious and it's obviously a matter of time before it goes down. It then could end up anywhere. Could have crashed into some remote mountain in Turkmenistan or into the Indian Ocean.

Out of all the theories I've heard that seems the most realistic. Explains some of the weird things the crew did, they'd have been tired and disorientated and oxygen drunk, explains why the plane seems to have kept flying for so long and explains the lack of messages from passengers.

Defiantly not the case as all communication and tracking systems were shut down manually for a reason simply so no one can see what new flight path the 777 went on. If the flight deck door was locked no one would get in. My money is on suicide

Defiantly not the case as all communication and tracking systems were shut down manually for a reason simply so no one can see what new flight path the 777 went on. If the flight deck door was locked no one would get in. My money is on suicide

A hard one to prove , however it wouldn't be the first time. .

In Scotland , any pilot will tell you that if you stay above 4,500ft , you will clear anything. However , in 1973 a Viscount left Abbotsinch Airport on a routine test flight , with two crew and two passengers(engineering staff). The aircraft was flown by a very experienced commander whom knew the area very well. After around 15minutes the aircraft failed to clear Ben More and crashed and disintegrated . No survivors .

CAUSE: "The aircraft struck a mountain peak whilst flying over snow covered high terrain in marginal visual meteorological conditions. Failure to maintain a safe altitude and insufficient attention to navigational procedures were contributory factors."

Now you might ask what were they doing so low and you might also ask , what was the co-pilot doing? What we do know is that the widow of the commander remarried in the space of a year after the incident . .

The decompression thing with everyone falling unconcious. Isn't that what happened to the plane with top American golfer Payne Stewart on board?

I heard a story about him from a reliable source when I was at Lochwinnoch Golf Club. Apparently he flew into Glasgow Airport ahead of an Open Championship at Turnberry or Troon one time. He was early and wasn't due to meet his management and caddy until much later. He jumped into an airport taxi and asked where the nearest town was and for the taxi driver to take him to a decent pub. The taxi driver naturally took him up to a pub in Paisley. He was having a beer and a bite to eat when my reliable source and a mate who was also a golfer stopped and went 'Isn't that bloke Payne Stewart?' They went over to say hello and Stewart bought them a drink, they bought him one, Stewart told him why he was there and it ended up in a heavy session. Stewart's entourage arrived on a late flight to eventually trace him pissed in Paisley chewing the fat with two local guys.

Hope it's true anyway. Don't see why the guy who told me would make up such a mad tale for the hell of it!

It's ok but a wee problem with THAT theory is WHY did it change direction so radically - at least once?

Alot of holes in the murder/suicide theory too. There's been a good few of them in the past, typical M/O is either you fly it into a building to or city which clearly hasn't happened here, or you close the flight deck door when your co-pilot/pilot leaves the cockpit, tip the nose and crash straight into the ground. That hasn't happened either. Why would they turn transponder off and change direction if it's a suicide? Why no calls to the ground like there was in 9/11?

It's ok but a wee problem with THAT theory is WHY did it change direction so radically - at least once?

I'd recommend watching a documentary on Nat Geo at 7pm tonight, it's an hour long investigation into the Greek crash i referenced earlier. What happened in that tragedy was that a flight attendant managed to stay conscious as he got an oxygen tank. He got into the cockpit and was at the controls when the plane went down. He also tried to make radio may day calls but was unsuccessful as the planes radio had went down. Maybe one or both of the pilots or even a passenger or other crew member retained some degree of consciousness and continued to fly the plane erratically for a period of time.

No explanation fully makes sense, but there's a good few educated people who think gradual decompression is the most likely at the moment.

Surhirley the auto Pilot would have kicked in, in that event..?

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Lord Pityme

Indeed , the engine cowlings are the same diameter as the fuselage of , a Boeing 737. .

Aye was on a British Airways one last year from Gatwick after flying down on a BA Boeing 737, strange to think you could have 6 people sitting abreast inside the engine of a 777, it's a beast of a plane !

The decompression would probably have to have happened BEFORE the change of direction , in which case , the question is why turn off the transponder ? If we are to believe that the catastrophic decompression happened AFTER the change of course , then , some c**t was still up to something BEFORE the decompression. .

Yup , that theory holds , no water whatsoever. .

A hard one to prove , however it wouldn't be the first time. .

In Scotland , any pilot will tell you that if you stay above 4,500ft , you will clear anything. However , in 1973 a Viscount left Abbotsinch Airport on a routine test flight , with two crew and two passengers(engineering staff). The aircraft was flown by a very experienced commander whom knew the area very well. After around 15minutes the aircraft failed to clear Ben More and crashed and disintegrated . No survivors .

CAUSE: "The aircraft struck a mountain peak whilst flying over snow covered high terrain in marginal visual meteorological conditions. Failure to maintain a safe altitude and insufficient attention to navigational procedures were contributory factors."

Now you might ask what were they doing so low and you might also ask , what was the co-pilot doing? What we do know is that the widow of the commander remarried in the space of a year after the incident . .

But that way, taking the inference taht she was diddling on the side, the bitch still gets his insurance, pension lump sum, etc. as it wasn't proved to be suicide. Naw, if he wanted to get revenge, he should have made it perfectly clear it was suicide.