Disappearing Jet

faraway saint

The area being covered is incredibly vast. Take into consideration it took 3 years to find the air France flight off Brazil and the authorities had an idea where it was due to the last radar reading. Malaysian 777 is lost in such a large area.

Residents on the isle of Kuda Huvadhoo in the Dhaalu Atoll gave a description that matched the commercial airliners: white with red stripes, according to the news outlet.

"I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly," an unidentified eyewitness said, according to Haveeru. "It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too."

The above is from a press copy and paste

Also a New Zealand oil worker working off the coast of South Vietnam reported seeing a plane on fire crashing.

It will be found something that big will have broken wreckage floating around the water somewhere.

The area being covered is incredibly vast. Take into consideration it took 3 years to find the air France flight off Brazil and the authorities had an idea where it was due to the last radar reading. .

Massive difference with the 2 though. It may have taken 3 years to find the rest of the Air France flight but 2 bodies and some wreckage were found 5 days after the crash.

Edited by davidg

If it's really going to appear out of a massive spaceship, I hope they sell tickets. I'd love to see that.

It's on this Saturday at the ABC Minors.

Then you can go to the Regal chippie at the bottom of Lady Lane for a 4d bag and discuss with your pals.

It's on this Saturday at the ABC Minors.

Then you can go to the Regal chippie at the bottom of Lady Lane for a 4d bag and discuss with your pals.

You're getting confused with the Flasher boy on Saturday mornings. And I preferred the chippy in Storrie Street or the one in George Street which I think was by coincidence called the Regal chippyt.

I hope the truth does come out one day. I'm addicted to the Aircraft Disasters series on TV and the spread of wreckage can be strange. If the pilot flipped, did in the first officer and steered the jet at high speed into the ocean in a weird suicide, the spread of wreckage needn't have been all that widespread. Eventually though, some would come ashore but not necessarily in readily identifiable pieces. In the TV series we often see planes at 5,000 ft.or more at the bottom of the ocean but looking remarkably intact. I think it crashed OK but whether by accident, design or shot down, well who knows?

Sometimes , what happens in air incidents is a bit bizarre and it takes years to find out what went on . .

In 1967 flight 284 was lost over the Med' , it was a Comet 4b. 66 souls were lost and the wreckage was deemed at too great a depth to recover the black box. Within a day of the crash 51 passengers were recovered from the sea , most wearing lifejackets!

They then found a seat cushion with a bomb fragment in it and the conclusion was that the aircraft was subject to breaking up after a bomb went off in the cabin around row 4. .

You're getting confused with the Flasher boy on Saturday mornings. And I preferred the chippy in Storrie Street or the one in George Street which I think was by coincidence called the Regal chippyt.

Aye aw right, the Regal chippy was on George Street, but in those days George Street was one hell of a long street, so I thought best to describe it's position as the bottom of Lady Lane.

Sometimes , what happens in air incidents is a bit bizarre and it takes years to find out what went on . .

In 1967 flight 284 was lost over the Med' , it was a Comet 4b. 66 souls were lost and the wreckage was deemed at too great a depth to recover the black box. Within a day of the crash 51 passengers were recovered from the sea , most wearing lifejackets!

They then found a seat cushion with a bomb fragment in it and the conclusion was that the aircraft was subject to breaking up after a bomb went off in the cabin around row 4. .

Were the 51 recovered from the sea dead or alive?

And how dis they find time to put on their life jackets if a bomb had went off?

Aye aw right, the Regal chippy was on George Street, but in those days George Street was one hell of a long street, so I thought best to describe it's position as the bottom of Lady Lane.

It was still in George Street when I went to Camphill but by then we used to go to a shop in 'the new hooses'. McCormicks? It did good trade. And although I was in the Mighty 4th BB in Glenburn we did PT in Camphill gym on Tuesdays. The wee janny who we didn't like at school was a smashing wee guy on Tuesday nights. And then on Tuesday nights we went to the Regal Chippy. Good fun. And then we got old enough to get a pint in the Cavern. Great times.

The Comet crash (and there were several)was proven to be down to metal fatigue owing to a lack of understanding of the pressurisation effects on a aircraft's skin and the effects of which were concentrated in the corners of the Comet's square shaped windows.

Essentially an overstressed piece of aluminium tubing with wings ripped itself to pieces, in the earliest days of jet airliners, the Comet being the first of course. The aircraft was redesigned with structural improvements and round windows to dissipate the stress build up. All airliners now have round windows, tombstone technology as they call it.

Shite typing on a phone above ^^^^ Also meant to say, it was the original Comet 1 that crashed, the Comet 4 was the latter version that addressed all the problems. Nobody survived any of the accidents, the aircraft ripped into pieces at altitude under high pressure. Most of the passenger died instantly of asphyxiation and collapsed lungs.

Yes I am an aviation geek and I claim my pickled egg !

The Comet crash (and there were several)was proven to be down to metal fatigue owing to a lack of understanding of the pressurisation effects on a aircraft's skin and the effects of which were concentrated in the corners of the Comet's square shaped windows.

Essentially an overstressed piece of aluminium tubing with wings ripped itself to pieces, in the earliest days of jet airliners, the Comet being the first of course. The aircraft was redesigned with structural improvements and round windows to dissipate the stress build up. All airliners now have round windows, tombstone technology as they call it.

The Comet 4b , that crashed in 1967 wasn't subject to the types of failure that had plagued the earlier marks. .

The square windows used in the Comet 1 , were only part of the problem . De Havilland , for instance knew that their engines were not powerful enough , so they thinned the material of the skins . They also had too much zinc in the duralumin , which made the skin too brittle which led to cracks caused by the actions of pressurization/depressurization .

All of the metallurgical lessons learned by De Havilland , whilst they did extensive research when the fleet was grounded , was given to the Americans and they used it to produce the 707 , which went on to outsell the Comet. .

The Comet 4b had Rolls Royce Avon engines and , round windows. .

A lot of technology is already out there, it's a question of who's willing to pay for it. It's like the old travel insurance policy for your holidays... Will I buy one or not ? What's gonna happen, probably nothing ? And then BOOM ! Malaysian Airlines didn't buy the insurance policy, which to the best of my knowledge would have offered a continuous GPS 'beep' upon crash for many weeks.

The Comet 1 crashes were in the 1950's and were largely a result of gross naïveté in terms of the general understanding of aircraft pressurisation on metallurgy. The results of the enquiry were openly available to the yanks who put that knowledge to better use in the multi selling Boeing 707 whilst De Havilland struggled to sell a reinvented Comet. It wouldn't be the first time Boeing nicked ideas off Britain either to gain a commercial advantage. I guess we're still in their feckin pockets now !

A lot of technology is already out there, it's a question of who's willing to pay for it. It's like the old travel insurance policy for your holidays... Will I buy one or not ? What's gonna happen, probably nothing ? And then BOOM ! Malaysian Airlines didn't buy the insurance policy, which to the best of my knowledge would have offered a continuous GPS 'beep' upon crash for many weeks.

Aye , but we are not forgetting that someone with knowledge , turned off the transponder(probably the crew) , most unusual. .

. .oh aye , and don't give me the old "typing on the phone excuse". .

kkpazUM.gif

Aye , but we are not forgetting that someone with knowledge , turned off the transponder(probably the crew) , most unusual. .

. .oh aye , and don't give me the old "typing on the phone excuse". .

kkpazUM.gif

The transponder thing is strange but it's just another guess. I've mentioned before the Aircraft Disaster programmes and the number of times pilots with a huge amount of experience turn off something by accident is really surprising.

The transponder thing is strange but it's just another guess. I've mentioned before the Aircraft Disaster programmes and the number of times pilots with a huge amount of experience turn off something by accident is really surprising.

Yeh , but some of the equipment they turned off involved lifting the cabin floor up. .

Most of our technology was given away . Frank Whittle's engine drawings were given to the Yanks by Churchill . The Yanks then asked Rolls Royce for the metal spec's and Rolls Royce told them to go f**k themselves. Which is probably why the Yanks didn't get a jet operational during the war. .

In 1946 , Clement Attlee sold 40 Rolls Royce Nene engines to the Stalin regime , which the Soviets reversed engineered and produced an engine that was essentially a Nene , which they fitted to the MiG 15 , which shot down British pilots in Korea. .

So , all successful jets go back to Frank Whittle/RR. .

The transponder doesn't have a big red 'Do not touch Father Dougal !' button attached the dashboard tempting fate. You need to enter a panel behind the captains seat and physically remove a circuit breaker. It's meant to stay on for more good reasons than not.

Yep and them the HS Trident team were paid a visit by Boeing, given a full swatch at the designs, who went away and turned it into the Boeing 727, to original and powerful British design spec. British European Airways dickec around

feckin phone ! BEA dicked around with the design spec so much that it came out a pale shadow of it's original intention. Boeing managed to flog about 4000 more based on the original Trident spec... Phew !

That was an unsuccessful assassination attempt on Archbishop Makarios of Cyprus who was booked to fly on it and cancelled at the last minute !

That was an unsuccessful assassination attempt on Archbishop Makarios of Cyprus who was booked to fly on it and cancelled at the last minute !

In the early 7ts , I was told that it was meant to kill George Grivas(Digenis?) , however , an attempt on the life of Makarios makes more sense as that would have changed things. .