Green Puke V St Mirren Top League 22/3/14

shull

Thought we played quite well today up till second goal went in. Played much further forward than usual and at least gave it a go. Thats us played well(ish) in last 3 games so hope we can now takes something against the fakes. thistle have Cetic midweek and county have them next saturday so here is chance.

I thought we played well up to their penalty box. Toothless in there but did have numerous chances. McGowan always spun the wrong way and was badly at fault for their 2nd goal doing exact same in middle of the park. Always looked likely to be sliced open at the back and tbh the green shame should have been out of sight had it not been for poor finishing, amazing clearances and the offside flag. Have to say the officials were very good to us today.

Enjoyed Kello's punch at the rear of the ugly ones's napper. Also Pukki is absolute honking. Could have had 2 or 3 in ten mins on the park and was rancid.

And in other news I had a tenner on Aberdeen, Inverness, Motherwell and St J so I have a hundred and forty of William Hills pounds to enjoy on a write off saturday where we never really lost any ground.

Fairly good performance until we conceded the first goal.

Hope Thompson is alright after going off.. Magennis is clearly not good enough.

Newton is clearly still missing his pal dummett as was average at best. Mcgowne may have performed the best out of all the team.

Keep heads up for Tuesdays game

We're just so jekyl & hyde, bit more composure at the front and the first half could have spawned a new song. We started trying to force it 2nd half, well McLean did...the FIFA passes were back. Wylde offered nothing when he came on, Goodwin suffered from lack of pace. McGinn had another cracker and the full backs did just fine. We even appeared to have worked on our corners. The tools down, don't take responsibility pish needs to stop though.

Oh and, those Celtic fans are easily pleased. Worshipping players who give 30% at best.

We're just so jekyl & hyde, bit more composure at the front and the first half could have spawned a new song. We started trying to force it 2nd half, well McLean did...the FIFA passes were back. Wylde offered nothing when he came on, Goodwin suffered from lack of pace. McGinn had another cracker and the full backs did just fine. We even appeared to have worked on our corners. The tools down, don't take responsibility pish needs to stop though.

Oh and, those Celtic fans are easily pleased. Worshipping players who give 30% at best.

Well i was in beside them and they were giving them pelters in the first 60 mins.

Well we went toe to toe with them leaving ourselves open

The difference they have forwards we don't.

Two great last ditch challenges and the linesmen both ends chopping 3 goals off for them

Someone said he thought Gowser was our best player,cannot agree.

Too many touches on the ball and lost the ball too easily resulting in the first 2 goals.

Also McGinn set him up in the box and he wouldn't shoot ending up him crowded out.

McGinn was the most impressive player on the park until he was moved into the middle.

The 2 fullbacks were very good going forward but in Kelly's case posted missing defensively apart from that great first half challenge.

The 3 subs that came on weakened the team badly and the shape totally went.

Lucky that doo Pukki came on as he should have grabbed a hat trick missing 3 one to ones

Decent 60 mins but a shambles in the last 10 where they should have added another 5

No complaints about the officals this week

Fairly good performance until we conceded the first goal.

Hope Thompson is alright after going off.. Magennis is clearly not good enough.

Newton is clearly still missing his pal dummett as was average at best. Mcgowne may have performed the best out of all the team.

Keep heads up for Tuesdays game

Is the defence really that bad that you think our best player was a defender that hasn't played for us in about a decade?

I watched the game in a Paisley pub where most of those present were supporting Celtic !! The league leaders thoroughly deserved their win and despite having 3 goals disallowed they should have added four or five more against a Saints team playing without a defence. Post match interview confirmed the manager to be delighted at the teams effort and encouraging recent form (2 wins in a dozen games) I must have been watching the wrong match.

I watched the game in a Paisley pub where most of those present were supporting Celtic !! The league leaders thoroughly deserved their win and despite having 3 goals disallowed they should have added four or five more against a Saints team playing without a defence. Post match interview confirmed the manager to be delighted at the teams effort and encouraging recent form (2 wins in a dozen games) I must have been watching the wrong match.

That's because oor toons full of green reptiles

hold on a minute, green reptiles?, frogs?, celtic pub?, close enough for me....

yer covers blown big eyes, 'bad toad' 'bad toad' bangin.gif

How do you put folk on ignore again?

Edited to say "found it, bye bye Kermit's evil twin"

Edited by E=Mc2