Aberdeen V Ict League Cup Final 2014

shull

He's an Aberdeen player, don't see the big deal.

Just my opinion.

He's an Aberdeen player that can't get in their team, is on loan with us, and shat himself at Tannadice on Saturday. Jumping around in a suit on an Aberdeen cup winning podium when he had fcuk-all to do with it and the shite stains are still difficult to remove from his St Mirren shorts?

Fcuk off Magennis. Just my opinion.

He's an Aberdeen player that can't get in their team, is on loan with us, and shat himself at Tannadice on Saturday. Jumping around in a suit on an Aberdeen cup winning podium when he had fcuk-all to do with it and the shite stains are still difficult to remove from his St Mirren shorts?

Fcuk off Magennis. Just my opinion.

I think we have bigger worries than an Aberdeen player celebrating with his Aberdeen team mates.

It's a competition we were no longer involved in so don't see the big deal.

I think we have bigger worries than an Aberdeen player celebrating with his Aberdeen team mates.

It's a competition we were no longer involved in so don't see the big deal.

Aye, we have bigger worries. How many loanees in the stripes actually give a fcuk about St Mirren FC and where they end up next season? We need Shuggie Murray, Kirk Broadfoot and I'll say it - Gus MacPherson types. Our board are hooked on the loanee drip feed.

Magennis could easily have sat in the stand and enjoyed the cup final. WTF is a player who only yesterday turned out for our club in one of our most crushing defeats of the season doing jumping up and down with a Cheshire cat like grin on his face as if he was part of Aberdeen's success? Show a bit of respect for the supporters who paid good money to watch you crap yourself only 24 hours ago... and show a bit of respect for a club toying with relegation who are giving you first team football.

Happy to state my opinion again for clarity - fcuk off Magennis.

Aye, we have bigger worries. How many loanees in the stripes actually give a fcuk about St Mirren FC and where they end up next season? We need Shuggie Murray, Kirk Broadfoot and I'll say it - Gus MacPherson types. Our board are hooked on the loanee drip feed.

Magennis could easily have sat in the stand and enjoyed the cup final. WTF is a player who only yesterday turned out for our club in one of our most crushing defeats of the season doing jumping up and down with a Cheshire cat like grin on his face as if he was part of Aberdeen's success? Show a bit of respect for the supporters who paid good money to watch you crap yourself only 24 hours ago... and show a bit of respect for a club toying with relegation who are giving you first team football.

Happy to state my opinion again for clarity - fcuk off Magennis.

Complete overreaction IMO, no point saying on more on it as we both disagree.

Was cheering Inverness on today but they didn't offer much. Aberdeen are the better side and deserved it. Hope they enjoy their night.

Magennis played in an earlier round of the cup for Aberdeen.That gives him the right to be part of the celebrations.

However...........

Peter Pawlett and others who missed out through injury have a right to be visibly part of the celebrations. Magennis missed out because he is currently turning out for St Mirren FC.

Happy to agree to disagree with St Mirren fans who think it is fine and dandy for Magennis to be giving it large in a suit on the podium.

I can't say I'm particularly interested in what Josh Magennis does when he isn't playing for ST Mirren.

He could have been a bit more circumspect in the circumstances, but he is contracted to Aberdeen so I can't get too upset about it.

Edited by Drew

I can't say I'm particularly interested in what Josh Magennis does when he isn't playing for ST Mirren.

He could have been a bit more circumspect in the circumstances, but he is contracted to Aberdeen so I can't get too upset about it.

I'm not interested in what he does either - if he likes a bit of kinky sex, votes Tory, or actually likes any of the post-OK Computer Radiohead albums.

It's his call. This isn't what Magennis does to wind down after a game, or if he likes a pint with his pals. Contracted to Aberdeen or not, he is turning out for St Mirren FC. We are in soapy bubble, him and his team-mates imploded big time only 24 hours ago, our manager is under pressure. I do not want to see our loanees acting the Billy big-baws in such circumstances.

As I said, why not sit in the stand. Show a bit of respect. I genuinely believe Magennis had no need to go bouncing around on the pitch, played in an earlier round or not.

I'm not interested in what he does either - if he likes a bit of kinky sex, votes Tory, or actually likes any of the post-OK Computer Radiohead albums.

It's his call. This isn't what Magennis does to wind down after a game, or if he likes a pint with his pals. Contracted to Aberdeen or not, he is turning out for St Mirren FC. We are in soapy bubble, him and his team-mates imploded big time only 24 hours ago, our manager is under pressure. I do not want to see our loanees acting the Billy big-baws in such circumstances.

As I said, why not sit in the stand. Show a bit of respect. I genuinely believe Magennis had no need to go bouncing around on the pitch, played in an earlier round or not.

Fair enough, mate.

I didn't have to sit through what you did yesterday, so I can appreciate why you'll be feeling more strongly about this.

I worry about our over-reliance on loan players - not least when we're in a survivial dogfight. In fairness to Magennis, his allegiance will no doubt lie with Aberdeen, and his mates up there. I'd imagine he would be keen to use this loan spell to cement his place in McInnes' plans for next season, so he'll have been keen to show his loyalty to his parent club. I've no idea what loan etiquette is, but you have to assume he isn't knowlingly overstepping the mark.

Aye, you've said.

PS FFS.

Edited by faraway saint

Aye, you've said.

PS FFS.

Aye, I said, and other people responded feeling differently, and I indulged in conversation with them saying I was happy to agree to disagree, and went on to say that I'm looking at the bigger picture with loanees, their commitment to the stripes, and our over-reliance on loanees.

It's forum debate, backwards and forwards, to and fro.... OK with you?

Edited by pozbaird

Aye, I said, and other people responded feeling differently, and I indulged in conversation with them saying I was happy to agree to disagree, and went on to say that I'm looking at the bigger picture with loanees, their commitment to the stripes, and our over-reliance on loanees.

It's forum debate, backwards and forwards, to and fro.... OK with you?

snore.gif

Excellent contribution. As always.

Looking forward to seeing Magennis on the open top bus tour, on the town hall balcony, or spending a week in Aberdeen's version of the Bull Inn?

I'll make a phone call and get back to you.

PS Sometimes a smilie can say a thousand words, you should try it sometime. wink.png

Edited by faraway saint

It's forum debate, backwards and forwards, to and fro....

I THOUGHT that, too. :(

But two threads now I've been told to stop my input.

the 'forwards' and 'to' seem ok to some but NOT the 'backwards' and 'fro', I'm afraid.

:)

FWIW, if Magennis has some joy in his life, I would hate to end, limit or decry it.

He's an Aberdeen player, don't see the big deal.

Just my opinion.

It's not a big issue that he's there. He has every right to be at the game and part of the cup final day. Just cringing a bit that he'd interjected himself into his former team mates successes in a John Terry stylee.

acting billy big baws or just enjoying himself with his mates? if aberdeen invited him as part of the official party then that is a nice thing to do and i dont blame him for living it up

Maybe a good day out and a wee diversion will make him relax and be more effective for saints