Things That You Find Weird, In Paisley.

dave.j

Guest TPAFKATS

Nothing to do with Paisley but I don't understand the popularity of croissants. For me they are totally overrated,screwed up bits of dough usually full of emptiness. I've been in France loads of times and they're just the same there. Gie's a well fired Scottish roll any time before yon crescent shaped apology. And years ago I got scunnered with a beautiful trout stuffed with bloody almonds and it put me off them for life.

Apart from that, Dave, enjoyed your post.

Aye, ye cannae get a tattie scone in a croissant

There's a set of lights either side of Chivas,use them.

either side??? bugger going to ones at Tesco - then you have to walk round the bloody barriers and ye practically end up at mcd's and the other is miles away (after a long day). I wanna come oot and cross the bloody road.

Whit , that'll be four sets of lights on this stretch of Renfrew road, howwwwwwl ??

Like I said, Paisley says, lets ban car driving

well move another set then - bloody drivers nae consideration for us poor bus goers!

either side??? bugger going to ones at Tesco - then you have to walk round the bloody barriers and ye practically end up at mcd's and the other is miles away (after a long day). I wanna come oot and cross the bloody road.

well move another set then - bloody drivers nae consideration for us poor bus goers!

If say the reason for that is pedestrian safety, stop large volumes coming straight out the enrol place and straight onto the road.

They should have thought of the before they put the zebra crossing right outside the council buildings, they should have been positioned 100 yards it so either side of the entrance path.

Also from a drivers point of view, as soon as the droves head down that path they just keep coming and coming, straight into the road.

Guest TPAFKATS

Aye, dont we all. That's why the lemmings (myself included) cross straight over at pedestrian crossings as opposed to using the wee 10 metre zig zag diversion through the barriers in the central island.

Aye, dont we all. That's why the lemmings (myself included) cross straight over at pedestrian crossings as opposed to using the wee 10 metre zig zag diversion through the barriers in the central island.

Pavements are for Pedestrians ? Mon the pavements ! punk.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I hear ya Dave.

Also.......

Why is there no filter arrow on the lights in the middle of the junction at Gordon St / Causeyside St, to help avoid breaking your neck to see the existing one?

Spoke to the wee burd I know in the Cooncil and she says she'll get something done about the Gordon St lights asap.Asked if it would possible to site a filter light in the centre of the junction for the benefit of the hard of thinking.She can't promise but will have a look in the traffic light cupboard and see what's there.

Spoke to the wee burd I know in the Cooncil and she says she'll get something done about the Gordon St lights asap.Asked if it would possible to site a filter light in the centre of the junction for the benefit of the hard of thinking.She can't promise but will have a look in the traffic light cupboard and see what's there.

new set of traffic lights have been set up and are up and running as of Today ?

Why is there no filter at the thorn brae when heading towards beith road from elderslie?

To give drivers coming out of Williamson Place a fighting chance of actually getting on to the main road.

(Although due to traffic, 9 times out of 10 you have to make a left, and double back at the gap in the dual carriageway.)

Guest TPAFKATS

Cheers sparrow, one of those wee roads that you don't really notice how many vehicles use it. The lack of filter does cause an away lot of unnecessary waiting though esp. for me running late for a do at Lynnhurst last Saturday night...

• 1 year later...

The awful traffic calming 'mats' or 'bumps' or 'humps'. There seems no consistency with these measures application on roads throughout the town and this combined with the truly dreadful sequencing of traffic lights throughout the town AND the dreadful one way system, all conspire to make me think the cooncil is anti motor car

Couldn't possibly be.................................wacko.png

Makes the town a no go area frankly and one of the most awful bottlenecks at times throughout the day

The awful traffic calming 'mats' or 'bumps' or 'humps'. There seems no consistency with these measures application on roads throughout the town and this combined with the truly dreadful sequencing of traffic lights throughout the town AND the dreadful one way system, all conspire to make me think the cooncil is anti motor car

Couldn't possibly be.................................wacko.png

Makes the town a no go area frankly and one of the most awful bottlenecks at times throughout the day

I don't think the one way system is dreadful. It is busy but easy to use- just a like a big roundabout. Been to tons of towns that have traffic systems a lot more complex and difficult to use.

The lights in the town are controlled using software to try and keep the whole network flowing. Basically the reason the town has traffic problems is too much traffic for the roads to cope.

I don't think the one way system is dreadful. It is busy but easy to use- just a like a big roundabout. Been to tons of towns that have traffic systems a lot more complex and difficult to use.

The lights in the town are controlled using software to try and keep the whole network flowing. Basically the reason the town has traffic problems is too much traffic for the roads to cope.

Last couple of times that I've been strutting the streets, the biggest hazard on the town's roads has been the tumbling tumbleweed.... :unsure:

Maybe its the street layout, the volume of traffic and peak times, a perfect storm right enough, but the sluggidsh traffic flow seem to last throughout the day. You would think reactive software could be managed proactively in that case. Its incredibly difficult to navigate in a timely manner thorough the town, and heaven forbid , you take a turn into a road bossed by traffic calming measures, jeez, I give in , ok, I'll get on my bike.

The lights in the town are controlled using software to try and keep the whole network flowing.

No they're not.

The majority of lights in Town are on a fixed timer.It doesn't matter how much traffic is in the area,the lights will be at red or green for the same amount of time.

Cheers sparrow, one of those wee roads that you don't really notice how many vehicles use it. The lack of filter does cause an away lot of unnecessary waiting though esp. for me running late for a do at Lynnhurst last Saturday night...

I notice that , there is filter now . .

I also realise that this post is a direct violation of what the thread is actually , about. .