New Buyers?

Edinbuddie

Jim Methven makes Craig Whyte look like Richard Branson, we'd better with Reg Brearly taking over!

Hope the board see sense and avoid these guys, could be the final nail in the coffin, maybe DL has done this out of spite either to save his job or knowing if his contract is not renewed then he can mess the club up.

Oh FFS! I hope I've been whooshed by the DL comment.

a director search shows he has no money

Director search tells nothing of your personal wealth and even at that, the cash at bank means nothing as you have no idea how many shares they have in the company if any.

Edited by davidg

Director search tells nothing of your personal wealth and even at that, the cash at bank means nothing as you have no idea how many shares they have in the company if any.

ok it shows he has no involvement as a director or company secretary at any profitable company and also shows he has been in several dissolved / liquidated companies, my point is,going by his track record i dont think he will be the type to hang around for long enough to make much difference at the club and will merely use it as a stepping stone which may get flooded over when he leaves, in other words he would not be here to ensure the club progresses

IMHO you are one of the forums decent posters - so I'd be keen to know more of your reasons - even if that was by PM and kept private.

FFS, Methven would probably keep Danny , is that not good enough reason to not want him anywhere near the club ! biggrin.png

You have different AGM rights if you own more than 75%. you can pass special resolutions on your own.

I'm sure the rules actually apply to voting rights. But if it is 1 for 1, the important point is if you acquire 75% + 1 you are mandated to offer to buy the balance of 25% - 1 from all remaining shareholders at a price at least equal to that paid for the balance of the shares that give you the controlling interest. Do all the shares come with the same voting rights. I had some shares passed down through the family and I bought more when they had further share issues but I'm damned if I can find them to check if they both carry the same voting rights. Any corporate law guys on here?

WTF is it with St Mirren? Protracted CiC bid, mystery Swiss, Cowdenbeath connection, 'not so' says Billy and possibly Wee Chick.

Seriously, someone gie's a nudge with a sharp stick when something actually HAPPENS. For real!

Until then... Would the last person leaving B&W Army please turn off the lights?

I'm sure the rules actually apply to voting rights. But if it is 1 for 1, the important point is if you acquire 75% + 1 you are mandated to offer to buy the balance of 25% - 1 from all remaining shareholders at a price at least equal to that paid for the balance of the shares that give you the controlling interest. Do all the shares come with the same voting rights. I had some shares passed down through the family and I bought more when they had further share issues but I'm damned if I can find them to check if they both carry the same voting rights. Any corporate law guys on here?

Not correct. 90% means you can force a sale. The "have to buy" scenario applies to PLC and applies at 29.9%

The strangest thing about this is so many were taking it seriously on here....

How many rumours have there been and not a single one has had the slightest bit of substance to it.

Most likely explanation, Danny called in a favour from his old Cowdenbeath pal, to try to distract everyone from talking about him getting the boot.

FFS rea it's about time you got that fan takeover organised and put this to bed for good!!

The strangest thing about this is so many were taking it seriously on here....

How many rumours have there been and not a single one has had the slightest bit of substance to it.

Most likely explanation, Danny called in a favour from his old Cowdenbeath pal, to try to distract everyone from talking about him getting the boot.

FFS rea it's about time you got that fan takeover organised and put this to bed for good!!

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Aye, I don't see what was wrong in reading this story with specific individuals named, particular directors shares being bought, and then as supporters on a forum discussing this new development - mostly, it should be said, in a manner along the lines of 'if this is true....', 'if these guys DO come in...' etc.

Surely it would have been far stranger had there been no discussion on here following such a news story?

George Campbell, in the dressing room, with the candlestick? I'm going to guess this 'club for sale' mystery, I tell ye'.