New Buyers?

Edinbuddie

Was Eltons Boyfriend no from Glenburn??

Was it not his Mannager , John Reid who is "Credited" with helping Elton to find his true path.........

Brought up in Gallowhill apparently and went to the same school as me.....St Mirins in Renfrew Road.

His mother lived above the shops in Braehead Road, I know this cause I'm a nosey get lol.gif actually no...It's because I was brought up in nearby Glenfield Road.

Attention Shull...........Glenburn Alert bangin.gif

Was it not his Mannager , John Reid who is "Credited" with helping Elton to find his true path.........

Brought up in Gallowhill apparently and went to the same school as me.....St Mirins in Renfrew Road.

His mother lived above the shops in Braehead Road, I know this cause I'm a nosey get lol.gif actually no...It's because I was brought up in nearby Glenfield Road.

Think he used to have a house up in the Acacia Drive area.

I always understood John Reid was brought up in Gallowhill but I never heard of a Glenburn connection. I lived in Corsebar Drive in the early 70's and at that time all our neighbours said Reid's parents lived in one of the new detached villas on Stanely Road facing out over the pitches that we called Donaldswood in those days. Now long gone. By that time Reid could have comfortably afforded it but I don't know if it was definitely true.

I always understood John Reid was brought up in Gallowhill but I never heard of a Glenburn connection. I lived in Corsebar Drive in the early 70's and at that time all our neighbours said Reid's parents lived in one of the new detached villas on Stanely Road facing out over the pitches that we called Donaldswood in those days. Now long gone. By that time Reid could have comfortably afforded it but I don't know if it was definitely true.

thats a shocker - donaldswood pitches long gone ! i passed there last week and saw a game being played, when did they close ?

My Auntie who lived in Braehead Road, 202 I think, just a few houses up from Lancraigs School,worked in Jardines paper shop at Braehead and it was her that told me that

John Reid used to send his Mam flowers regularly and he would send her on holiday. I guess she was known to the paper shop staff, living above the shop an all.....

thats a shocker - donaldswood pitches long gone ! i passed there last week and saw a game being played, when did they close ?

Your bringing back great memories for me , lived in Donaldswood Rd for years playing in the football fields and wood was a great place as a child and young man. So much has changed there now.