New Buyers?

Edinbuddie

This thread is pish now. Its perfectly apparent that SG and rest of the BOD Dont want to let go of the club and wont until they get more than what it is worth (in a pounds and pence sense) and unless we have a couple of Wealthy Buddies with deep pockets and a willingness to spend what is needed or a large crowd fund (eg from a supporters group) then the present holders will keep the keys. I would like to see a change of ownership if it is for the good of the club, but apart from random names and snippets that get banded about on here, nothing is happening!

How do you know nothing is happening?

This is just a fans forum you know, any actual discussions of a potential sale don't get posted on this thread by the parties involved!

:lol:

How do you know nothing is happening?

This is just a fans forum you know, any actual discussions of a potential sale don't get posted on this thread by the parties involved!

lol.gif:

Stop toying with the poor fella. He's living in Rutherglen - isn't that punishment enough for him!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard more after The Chairmans revelation that there are two interested parties and that they are requesting proof of funds prior to further talks.

there have been negotiations in the past with potentoal new owners only to find cash was not there for funding. Once bitten twice shy this time round I would say. Also unless some out there has hard cash I can't see a sale going through as Banks will not fund a loan to purchase a club. Thank God

there have been negotiations in the past with potentoal new owners only to find cash was not there for funding. Once bitten twice shy this time round I would say. Also unless some out there has hard cash I can't see a sale going through as Banks will not fund a loan to purchase a club. Thank God

Think present board could be here for the long haul.

Why ?

They will be, unless a Saints fan wins the lottery or a decent sustainable offer from a reputable party is made.

They care too much about the football club to sell it up the river. I wouldn't be surprised or saddened if they are still here in 5 years time.

I Don't

Billy who has cash in hand ? I spoke to a director a while back he said plenty of talking but no proof of funds. A lot of fans seem to think new owners means a cash injection. I see it as new owners wanting their cash back first and foremost that can only come from cut backs and the team budget which is not good for the club. Some might not like the current board fortunately the current board have the best interests of Saints at heart. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Billy who has cash in hand ? I spoke to a director a while back he said plenty of talking but no proof of funds. A lot of fans seem to think new owners means a cash injection. I see it as new owners wanting their cash back first and foremost that can only come from cut backs and the team budget which is not good for the club. Some might not like the current board fortunately the current board have the best interests of Saints at heart.

there are other ways of getting your cash back without making cut backs...

Just make sure that anyone wishing to be an owner of our Club is a very sensible St Mirren supporter.

Dafties need not apply even if they are St Mirren fans.

Wid be better if Mr Gilmour and Co. just stayed and continued their excellent work.

If its to be then we'll find out soon enough.

So in other words you don't know how it could be done.

Stuart Gilmour has already said no more talks until funds can be shown. That recent comment sugests no one will be aloud to take over the club unless the cash can be shown up front.

That's very true Phil. One way would be to sell the club to the Rangers Supporters Trust so the abundant number of ex Rangers fans have a home to go to when Sevco do indeed go to the wall. It's all been talked about before

They sitting on the roofs of the stands? Or is it an opportunity to at last fill in the corners and get rid of the controversial UWS sign in one go? And they could hold masonic meetings in the giant tent and blow away your arguments about it being a waste of money. Endless possibilities. Failing that the T (The)RST could buy up and redevelop Keanie Park. Too far..