Vs The Fakes - 25/3/14

Starting to get into must win territory now.

Excitement is what it's all about, some hate excitement.

Seriously if there's anyone struggling to get themselves up for the run in they need to follow a different sport.

In a perverse way I'm actually fired up for the next 8 games or so.

I'm pretty sure the players will be too.

No more games against Celtic, Dundee Utd or Aberdeen.

Every game is a possible win and that must be our attitude..

Would like to see us go for it in this match and pay Campbell & Wylde together after all what do we have to lose?

Bringing Campbell on today turned the game as it left us with nothing up front. He had 30 minutes and did nothing to deserve a start on Tuesday.

Bringing Campbell on today turned the game as it left us with nothing up front. He had 30 minutes and did nothing to deserve a start on Tuesday.

Well that interesting, and possibly hard on the boy.

I'm not convinced he's the saviour some have been greetin about for a few weeks but he's not had much game time and coming on against Celtic is not a great situation.

Possibly the "why isn't Campbell playing" brigade were only trying to have another cheap shot at the manager as, if I can see he's certainly unproven and I only have a magic radio, surely these "true supporters" could see this, couldn't they?

I'm not convinced he's the saviour some have been greetin about for a few weeks but he's not had much game time and coming on against Celtic is not a great situation.

Possibly the "why isn't Campbell playing" brigade were only trying to have another cheap shot at the manager as, if I can see he's certainly unproven and I only have a magic radio, surely these "true supporters" could see this, couldn't they?

Thommo looked his age and was very poor today

At the time it looked a good move to replace him with Campbell

But he was worse offering nothing and we rarely threatened again apart from Van Dyik getting over cocky in his own box

But it's clear to see his confidence has gone as Danny then shunted him out wide later on.

He had a chance to get a run and test his pace at the end where he was an one on one and he would have been straight on goal.

But he stopped the ball and elected to square the ball across and his pass was intercepted and it was Celtic straight on goal

He certainly not looking the promising youngster we were hoping to get

There's a "brigade" because the lad was brought in and proclaimed as an answer who would give us a much needed option. Now, it wasn't a "brigade" who proclaimed this...it was Danny Lennon. Yet another player brought in whom Danny has f**k all idea what to do with.

The unbeaten run til the end of the season starts on Tuesday , we have 8 games left , five of them at home , the team has played well over the last three games , a win against the fakes will help us gain in confidence , and keep an eye for Hibs becoming involved in the struggle , put your money on them being our first home game after the break ( prob live on TV ) ,when we will hump them ,

There's a "brigade" because the lad was brought in and proclaimed as an answer who would give us a much needed option. Now, it wasn't a "brigade" who proclaimed this...it was Danny Lennon. Yet another player brought in whom Danny has f**k all idea what to do with.

If you can take the time just check back over the last 3-4 weeks and get a some hankies ready for the "brigade" who were pleading for Campbell to make an appearance.

As I said, another attempt to pick any issue possible with the manager although you seem to be a managerial genius, get your name in but lose the mask.

SMFC 3 SJFC 0

Crowd - 3113

I agree with Griff.

We'll go on a unbeaten run of 8 matches.

Also, Campbell will be our new hero by the end of the Season.

thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Edited by shull

I've wanted to see more of Campbell and can hardly be classed as one of those wanting to use any excuse to ridicule the manager.

It isn't hugely surprising that a young loanee would be inconsistent, but I think he has shown in some games that he can be a decent goal threat when he ison form and confident. I've been disappointed that he has dropped down the pecking order behind Wylde, who apart from his great appearance from the bench against Killie has been really disappointing and one dimensional. In the remaining 8 games Campbell would not be up against decent defenders like he was today, he would be up against the back 4's at Hibs, Killie, Hearts etc.

I've wanted to see more of Campbell and can hardly be classed as one of those wanting to use any excuse to ridicule the manager.

It isn't hugely surprising that a young loanee would be inconsistent, but I think he has shown in some games that he can be a decent goal threat when he ison form and confident. I've been disappointed that he has dropped down the pecking order behind Wylde, who apart from his great appearance from the bench against Killie has been really disappointing and one dimensional. In the remaining 8 games Campbell would not be up against decent defenders like he was today, he would be up against the back 4's at Hibs, Killie, Hearts etc.

People are bemoaning the fact that we are relying on loanees rather than signed players... but wanting Campbell played ahead of Wylde!

Where is the logic there?

Campbell was great v Hibs...

Wylde changed the game v Killie.

Both have had poor games too.

Edited by BuddieinEK

For me the Campbell/Wylde situation is bizarre - why make your second signing of the transfer window a similar player to your first then not start them together or start either in difficult matches?

There was some speculation on here when Wylde signed that we would be playing both giving us pace on both wings, it might not work but then can you say that the current Danplan does?

Just to clarify matters, providing everyone is fit I'd play Thompson up front with Campbell & Wylde on the wings and either McLean or McGowan as our attacking midfielder.

BuddieinEK - everyone's got their own pet gripe, typically these gripes tend to be different if not entirely contradictory. Like Confucius said - where three Saints fan gather, there you will find four opinions!

Edited by Bud the Baker

This is almost a must win game for us, for Danny it's a must not lose or surly that will be it for him. Our home form against them is pretty decent in recent times and I'm confident this will continue and we will come away with a 2-0 victory with goals from McLean from the spot and a late goal from Thommo.

quick turnaround will be good for us, emotional victory for the saintees over hibs may well work against them now

score draw i expect-and will be happy with that

Wont be happy with a draw. Need to win this. Anything less not good enough.

GOAL DIFFERENCE IS KEY FOR THE RUN IN

we have the worst (so far) which i think will favour Hibs in the run in

A 2-0 victory over the fakes would be favourable for our game in hand with Hibs playing the jam tarts next Sunday

A nice wee cheeky victory up in Inverness next Saturday would see us 1pt behind 7th place in the league

(depending on results elsewhere of course)

its all about the goals and its time to start hitting the back of the net

Edited by saintargyll