Vs The Fakes - 25/3/14

I totally get what your saying, we needed a bit of grit in the midfield and with McGinn on a booking when he moved into the middle he wasn't able to give us that. I reckon Goodwin would have been on had it not been for Kello being taken off.

I really don't know what to say about tonight apart from it was really disappointing.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh on McLean. He did try and distribute the ball, but I thought McGinn did it a bit better in the second half.

I suppose that's why it's difficult being the manager. Someone always has to be disappointed with selections.

Repeatedly it seems to be the majority of the forum, but I suppose someone in the midfield will need to join them for the weekend.

I appreciate we were chasing the game at the end but can't see beyond Goodwin returning and would like to see Teale and Wylde start. So perhaps a 4-5-1 with emphasis on wide players supporting lone striker of choice?

What it means is my "lets enjoy" was meant to be sarcastic.

The "heat of the moment" shite that's posted on here really has to be seen to be believed so If I choose not to pish my pants, not to blame one man, not to make out that my world has ended then that's my prerogative.

I have stated my concern as far back as early this year, I have said tonight things aren't good but I can't help being embarrassed by the shite and pure mindless mince that's posted on here by quite a few, not all.

There are plenty decent posts that describe the clubs situation, I have no need to repeat this time after time, although these posts are few and far between.

I apologise for not becoming one of the sheep..........................there's no room in the pen already.

The reason for not wanting to be a sheep is down to a bad experience he had at an Aberdeen game. Edited by Kendo

Reported, there's plenty of room on the bandwagon....................................you should be ashamed.

Simply an honest opinion. I don't think a manager change now will help. I disagree that a manager change during or post transfer window would have helped.

We are 3 points from 8th. Things could be a lot worse, but the performance tonight cannot be replicated without serious repercussions given the predicament we find ourselves in.

Simply an honest opinion. I don't think a manager change now will help. I disagree that a manager change during or post transfer window would have helped.

We are 3 points from 8th. Things could be a lot worse, but the performance tonight cannot be replicated without serious repercussions given the predicament we find ourselves in.

The problem is the performance tonight has been replicated all too often this season.

Well then, tonight was a complete and utter f**king shambles/gutless/woeful/lamentable/chronic/pish....but at the same time utterly predictable.

No pride, no desire, no heart (despite Danny spouting pish about showing heart all bloody week in the media!) - how much longer can this go on?

I'm sick fed up with Lennon and his abysmal performance and it's about time he was relieved of his duties, hopefully in less than 12hrs.

What worried me most tonight was our lack of organisation - at times we were chasing the ball like it was a game in a school ball playground. St Johnstone were well organised and pissed all over our midfield tbh.

As the song goes, where do we go from here ....... its down to the playoff I fear !

That was brutal tonight. Pass marks to Dilo, McGregor, and Naismith. That's it. Felt a bit sorry for Kelly as he was left 2-on-1 a lot in the first half especially as noone seemed to be playing left midfield. McLean, McGowan and McGinn all wanted to play centrally, getting in each others way. McLean seems to think 50-yard passes are what is needed every time. There was better balance when Wylde and Teale came on but we did nothing with it.

Hope I'm wrong but we look like a team sleepwalking our way to the play-offs. Not sure I would fancy us to definitely win over two legs vs the likes of Hamilton or Falkirk if we go into the play-offs in this sort of form.

Lennon lovers should hang your heads

Indeed! Fans backing the manager are obviously the main reason for our descent to 11th. Nothing to do with the starting XI (irregardless of who the starting XI are week by week) showing no dig and no team work and making basic mistakes week by week.

Our key players haven't shown up for most of the current season: McGowan -largely annonymous and ineffective compared with 2 years ago. Teale, injured for most of the season. Goodwin, hasn't been consistently excellent since knocking back the chance to sign for Hibs. The Hawk - has missed a decent supply from Teale this season. McLean, useful when on form but still inconsistent and has had injury problems disrupting his season.

We don't have a top 6 squad. We have a squad which is heavily reliant on McGowan, Goodwin, Thompson, Teale and McLean all being available and playing well individually and as a team. When our best players don't show up it is left to the young players and average players to carry the team. When our best players perform we begin to look like a borderline top 6 team.

I'm going to suggest that rather than blaming pro-Lennon or anti-Lennon sets of fans, it is morely likely our league position reflects the fact our key players have nearly all without exception (perhaps Mclean) had disappointing seasons by their standards, and our new signings haven't worked out.

Indeed! Fans backing the manager are obviously the main reason for our descent to 11th. Nothing to do with the starting XI (irregardless of who the starting XI are week by week) showing no dig and no team work and making basic mistakes week by week.

Our key players haven't shown up for most of the current season: McGowan -largely annonymous and ineffective compared with 2 years ago. Teale, injured for most of the season. Goodwin, hasn't been consistently excellent since knocking back the chance to sign for Hibs. The Hawk - has missed a decent supply from Teale this season. McLean, useful when on form but still inconsistent and has had injury problems disrupting his season.

We don't have a top 6 squad. We have a squad which is heavily reliant on McGowan, Goodwin, Thompson, Teale and McLean all being available and playing well individually and as a team. When our best players don't show up it is left to the young players and average players to carry the team. When our best players perform we begin to look like a borderline top 6 team.

I'm going to suggest that rather than blaming pro-Lennon or anti-Lennon sets of fans, it is morely likely our league position reflects the fact our key players have nearly all without exception (perhaps Mclean) had disappointing seasons by their standards, and our new signings haven't worked out.

Possibly the post of the season, apart from most of mine. wink.png

Um, we played well enough until they scored, as I've said elsewhere we've only come from behind once this season against Killie in August - and that took Boyd getting sent off for retaliation. Did anyone feel at any time after they scored we were going to get a draw let alone a win?

Other thoughts

• Back to the old 1 good result in 5 routine which has been the hallmark of Lennon's tenure.
  • Of his 2014 signings only McGennis started.
  • By my reckoning our first sub-3000 SP(F)L crowd - possibly more significant than the result.

Time to go - sadly yes!

Um, we played well enough until they scored, as I've said elsewhere we've only come from behind once this season against Killie in August - and that took Boyd getting sent off for retaliation. Did anyone feel at any time after they scored we were going to get a draw let alone a win?

Other thoughts

• Back to the old 1 good result in 5 routine which has been the hallmark of Lennon's tenure.
  • Of his 2014 signings only McGennis started.
  • By my reckoning our first sub-3000 SP(F)L crowd - possibly more significant than the result.

Time to go - sadly yes!

I'm sure our form has reflected on our attendance but to use a Tuesday night game as any real evidence isn't particularly relevant.

I had worked out our win ratio was around 1:4 the magic calendar year, our loss ratio has been about 2:4.

Anyhow, the real worry is our recent form, certainly wins, have been worrying.

We are running out of time.

DL's post-match interview appears to be relatively cliche free.

In his situation surprised he doesn't try the "our players are shite" as he's looking like a dead man walking.

Kidding apart, the gloom is descending over the club and it's very difficult to get out of this situation.

I'm not convinced we have the balls, that's throughout the club, to get ourselves out of this current spiral.

I'm sure our form has reflected on our attendance but to use a Tuesday night game as any real evidence isn't particularly relevant.

I had worked out our win ratio was around 1:4 the magic calendar year, our loss ratio has been about 2:4.

Anyhow, the real worry is our recent form, certainly wins, have been worrying.

We are running out of time.

I guess it's all down to how you want to statisticate the results, I see Lennon's tenure as producing, in general, about 1 good game in 5 with the odd good spell thrown in - that's why I said back to the old routine. Are we gonna see another good spell this season or are we gonna continue with the just odd good result? if Danny Lennon stays in charge I know what I expect - you'd have to be beyond optimistic to expect anything other than finishing 11th.

Our lowest attendance is generally midweek games in Feb/March against teams who don't bring many fans, this was never going to be a well attended match, I'm well aware of this - the point is by my reckoning this is the first time our attendance has dropped below 3000 for an SP(F)L game.

The data from previous seasons is out there.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Any news on Kello? Hopefully not too serious.

The League Cup win doesn't matter anymore.Fact is we have won less than a game a month since winning the damn thing and thats including a 2 month summer break and a couple of games against lower league opposition. Can any of the Danny fans give me any reason to keep him in a job? Is this acceptable? Another honking performance.

Only positive this season has been the young boys come through but can we rely on them to drag us out of this? Kelly was ripped apart tonight. McGinn,Mclean,Newton and McGowan were invisible. Magennis is not a centre forward.

We clearly missed Goodwin tonight, for all his faults we missed a leader on the park. McGregor was the only player to get pass marks for me and even thats at a push.

Luckily for us ICT are half the team with Hughes in charge. Even at that I expect them to get a comfortable win on saturday.