Vs The Fakes - 25/3/14

GOAL DIFFERENCE IS KEY FOR THE RUN IN

we have the worst (so far) which i think will favour Hibs in the run in

A 2-0 victory over the fakes would be favourable for our game in hand with Hibs playing the jam tarts next Sunday

A nice wee cheeky victory up in Inverness next Saturday would see us 1pt behind 7th place in the league

(depending on results elsewhere of course)

its all about the goals and its time to start hitting the back of the net

For a long number of years now that has been our biggest failing and our biggest consistency. .. ...

Every time we look at forthcoming matches and realise that IF we do this or IF we manage that... we invariably don't!

As the fakes appear to have little to play for I suspect they will shitfest the game which is not ideal for us as we will be expected to break them down. While this appears to be a must win game, the games post split will decide our fate. Wouldn't be surprised at a 0-0 bore draw. Hope I'm wrong obviously but a point wouldn't be the end of the world against a side considerably more accomplished than us

No ifs or buts, we need to win this game, yeah thistle probably won't win on Wednesday and hopefully county lose to the dons but we must get a win on Tuesday, not just for the 3 points but for the spirit of the team.

Watched yesterday and to be fair I thought we played pretty well and had good possession in the first half, we looked fairly solid even though we lost 3 goals again, but Tuesday if totally different, we should be going out and playing with pace, they are very slow at the back and in the middle of the park, if we score first I would be very confident of winning by a couple, if we go behind then I fear they would pack men behind the ball and we would be fooked.

Get Campbell in for magenis as I think he will be a good asset and I think josh would be a good option later on if Thommo is fading. Either way the 11 who start must put in a shift and get the job done.

COYS

Although I can certainly see where the 'must win' camp is coming from, I certainly wouldn't put this game in that category.

If we draw we will go 2 behind Killie and there's a decent chance we will go 1 behind both County and Thistle. Hardly all over given we we will play all 3 post split and 4 of our 7 games after this one are at home.

A loss would certainly damaging to moral but it wouldn't be fatal. Out of these 3 games before the split 4 points would be a decent return, 3 wouldn't be bad, anything less than 3 and we will certainly go into the split in big trouble.

I'll save the must wins for the post split matches though.

Although I can certainly see where the 'must win' camp is coming from, I certainly wouldn't put this game in that category.

If we draw we will go 2 behind Killie and there's a decent chance we will go 1 behind both County and Thistle. Hardly all over given we we will play all 3 post split and 4 of our 7 games after this one are at home.

A loss would certainly damaging to moral but it wouldn't be fatal. Out of these 3 games before the split 4 points would be a decent return, 3 wouldn't be bad, anything less than 3 and we will certainly go into the split in big trouble.

If we really want to not end up in the playoff spot we need a minimum of 5 points from these 3 games. Otherwise it wont matter what we do for the rest of the season we will be going into the last game looking for a result which we really could do without.

I've got to agree, although it would be a good one to win and so would Saturday's game with Sellik expected to win the league either tomorrow night or Saturday and their next games against Thistle and County

This is almost a must win game for us, for Danny it's a must not lose or surly that will be it for him. Our home form against them is pretty decent in recent times and I'm confident this will continue and we will come away with a 2-0 victory with goals from McLean from the spot and a late goal from Thommo.

Cough cough, been hearing this all season, DL's still here.

This is almost a must win game for us, for Danny it's a must not lose or surly that will be it for him. Our home form against them is pretty decent in recent times and I'm confident this will continue and we will come away with a 2-0 victory with goals from McLean from the spot and a late goal from Thommo.

How many times have we said that?

All very quiet for a match day? I am firmly in the right up for this camp and I hope the players feel likewise! I am going for a hard fought 2-1 win against 10 man Saintees. Going 1 up, losing a softer than soft equaliser, man off for Saintess with 20 mins to go, huff, puff, huff, puff then sclaffed winner in injury time!!

best of luck tonight to Danny and the boys

Lets attack this team from the start, play the same team that started the previous 2 games with the same tactics that was employed against Dundee Utd.

With McLean operating in front of the back 4, the 2 full backs getting forward at every opportunity, McGowan playing off Thomson and John McGinn just being himself and the remainder of the team concentrating for 90 minutes and giving their all, then I would be confident of 3 points tonight which would set us up for the remaining 7 games.

Hope to hear Northend Saint and the boys cheering on the team tonight ,I will be up at 4.00 am (Aussie Time) to cheer the boys home - so hope for some good reporting from Div

I'd drop Magennis for Goodwin and go:

Kello

Naismith-Cheesy-McGregor-Naismith

Newton-Goodwin

McGowan-McLean-McGinn

Thommo

In the 4-3 game that front 4 caused the Saintees back line no end of trouble and I'd like to see us go for it again. Campbell's done nothing since the first half at Easter Road and doesn't deserve a start IMO.

Can see us maybe sneaking a narrow win but I'll sit on the fence and go 1-1.

St Mirren to win this one. St Johnstone have been so hit and miss recently so after their win at the weekend they are due a narrow defeat at the hands of the mighty St Mirren.

2.1 with Mclean and Thomohawk getting the goals. Our lowest crowd of the season 2980.

St Mirren to win this one. St Johnstone have been so hit and miss recently so after their win at the weekend they are due a narrow defeat at the hands of the mighty St Mirren.

2.1 with Mclean and Thomohawk getting the goals. Our lowest crowd of the season 2980.

2981 am goan thumbup2.gif