Billy Davies

Billy Davies and Steve Clarke could probably afford to buy the club, install themselves as a management team and utilise their knowledge and contacts to provide a stepping stone for young talented players which could help the big clubs down south manipulate the financial fair play rules.

Becoming essentially a feeder club might be the way forward for a club the size of ours.

Billy Davies and Steve Clarke could undoubtably afford to buy out the 52% consortium shares. So could Gordon Scott and who knows who else. Meeting the asking price (or your best offer close to it) is one thing. The bigger challenge is to then have the following in yer' locker...

Ideas and the ability to drive through increased commercial income.

Ideas to utilise under-utilised areas of the stadium.

Ideas to engage properly with supporters and convince them you are genuine.

Forge relations with new commercial partners and keep existing ones sweet.

Represent the club appropriately at SPFL level (although, if any new owner fancied booting Doncaster and Lawell in the stones and ask questions later, they'd get my support).

Build upon the club's community initiatives.

Sort out the club's merchandising ongoing clusterfcuk situation.

There could be a lot more I've forgotten. Ideally I would personally like new owners to be pro-active in the ideas department, and to be far, far, more professional in the way we (seemingly) go about our business as a wee corner shop lucky to be mixing it with bigger clubs.

Stuff that doesn't even cost money. Who was at Tannadice for the 3-2 game? Prior to the game they had an initiative where two ST holders were drawn at random to be upgraded to hospitality and padded seats... then as kick off approached, the stadium PA cranked up several volume levels as Metallica's 'Enter Sandman' belted out. This segued into the Dundee United club song 'Tangerine and black... DUFC!' etc. It ramped up the atmosphere and left you in no doubt you were in Arab country, and this was their patch.

We roll out the red carpet and take it up the arse.... I paraphrase of course.

Someone with a bit of Oomph! must surely be out there! I'd be trying my hardest to get someone to sponsor some sort of video screen/scoreboards in our corners, have video montages made up of Ferguson's goal hitting the net in '87, Aber lifting the cup, Thommo's 2013 League Cup goals, the 'Newtonnnn!' commentary, Goodwin lifting the cup... and more. Shown on the video screens as the PA blasts out 'Bareback' by The Darkness, then Phil gives it a bit of welly as we come out the tunnel.

Fcuk it - rant over! For now.

Better chance of Sir Alex..............................IMO.

Has our reputation sunk in size like our stadium ? While we can't compete with what is being paid down south our managers are hardly on peanuts. Any manager out of work would consider the St Mirren post as I'm sure Davies would jump at the chance to comes to Saints if out of work. We now have great working facilities and should think a wee bit more out the box with our head held high.

Where did I say that? blink.png

Just doing what you do. whistling.gif After all you did say and i quote. Better chance of sir alex. Now forgive me if im wrong but that sounds like we have a better chance of getting him in than the others, meaning the wanting of someone else in. bye1.gif

Has our reputation sunk in size like our stadium ? While we can't compete with what is being paid down south our managers are hardly on peanuts. Any manager out of work would consider the St Mirren post as I'm sure Davies would jump at the chance to comes to Saints if out of work. We now have great working facilities and should think a wee bit more out the box with our head held high.

I would say that a manager who has managed Derby & Notts Forest and has been in England for 10 years would be looking for another gig "down south"......................

While I'm not trying to demean our "reputation" as a bottom feeder club I would think he'll be aiming higher.

Poz. You were doing well until you mentioned The Darkness.

Still thank feck it wisnae RUSH.

Bareback is a cracking fast-paced guitar instrumental though. Would make a beltng pre-match tune allied to Saints glory moments played on stadium video screens.... Hold on, I used it in my League Cup video. I stand by it as a good song for that sort of thing!

Billy Davies was credited with a real interest in buying St.Mirren previously. For what particular reason I'm not sure but he will certainly have left Forest with a few quid as he only signed a 4 year contract extension in October last year.

Billy Davies and Steve Clarke could undoubtably afford to buy out the 52% consortium shares. So could Gordon Scott and who knows who else. Meeting the asking price (or your best offer close to it) is one thing. The bigger challenge is to then have the following in yer' locker...

Ideas and the ability to drive through increased commercial income.

Ideas to utilise under-utilised areas of the stadium.

Ideas to engage properly with supporters and convince them you are genuine.

Forge relations with new commercial partners and keep existing ones sweet.

Represent the club appropriately at SPFL level (although, if any new owner fancied booting Doncaster and Lawell in the stones and ask questions later, they'd get my support).

Build upon the club's community initiatives.

Sort out the club's merchandising ongoing clusterfcuk situation.

There could be a lot more I've forgotten. Ideally I would personally like new owners to be pro-active in the ideas department, and to be far, far, more professional in the way we (seemingly) go about our business as a wee corner shop lucky to be mixing it with bigger clubs.

Stuff that doesn't even cost money. Who was at Tannadice for the 3-2 game? Prior to the game they had an initiative where two ST holders were drawn at random to be upgraded to hospitality and padded seats... then as kick off approached, the stadium PA cranked up several volume levels as Metallica's 'Enter Sandman' belted out. This segued into the Dundee United club song 'Tangerine and black... DUFC!' etc. It ramped up the atmosphere and left you in no doubt you were in Arab country, and this was their patch.

Someone with a bit of Oomph! must surely be out there! I'd be trying my hardest to get someone to sponsor some sort of video screen/scoreboards in our corners, have video montages made up of Ferguson's goal hitting the net in '87, Aber lifting the cup, Thommo's 2013 League Cup goals, the 'Newtonnnn!' commentary, Goodwin lifting the cup... and more. Shown on the video screens as the PA blasts out 'Bareback' by The Darkness, then Phil gives it a bit of welly as we come out the tunnel.

Scoreboard in corner in for planing permission

Bareback is a cracking fast-paced guitar instrumental though. Would make a beltng pre-match tune allied to Saints glory moments played on stadium video screens.... Hold on, I used it in my League Cup video. I stand by it as a good song for that sort of thing!

Nah ! Better with Joe Satriani , If I could Fly. Amazing song with great powers to lift gloomy Saturday evenings. Amazing how a beer and a blast of this makes you forget that ST Mirren are bad for yer mental health

Have you been spying at a Leicester City game!?

Exactly what I've said for years we should do, from seeing how they build up to games down here.

The video clip thing is exactly what they've been doing for the past year here, and it's good stuff! Famous goals, famous wins, trophies, big crowds. It gets the crowd going.

Then big tunes, usually Kasabian, played loud to let people know where they are. And a fans' hero ex-player on the pitch with a mic reminding people "This is your club, this is your city! Get behind the team!"

It's great! And definitely helps. We could do much better than we do currently. The Rocky music...? We still doing that???

Have you been spying at a Leicester City game!?

Exactly what I've said for years we should do, from seeing how they build up to games down here.

The video clip thing is exactly what they've been doing for the past year here, and it's good stuff! Famous goals, famous wins, trophies, big crowds. It gets the crowd going.

Then big tunes, usually Kasabian, played loud to let people know where they are. And a fans' hero ex-player on the pitch with a mic reminding people "This is your club, this is your city! Get behind the team!"

It's great! And definitely helps. We could do much better than we do currently. The Rocky music...? We still doing that???

Nah, we don't do heroic video clips, rocking music, letting visitors know this is our manor.....

We do...

'Who's your favourite St Mirren player Keiran?'

'Stephen Thompson.'

'Stephen Thompson? He's good, isn't he?'

'Aye.'

'So, what's the score going to be Keiran?'

'Four nil to St Mirren.'

'Good stuff, what about the second half?'

....The opposition are shitting it by the time they come out. Paisley Panda might waft a paw in their direction too these days....they know this is our patch all right.

Edited by pozbaird

Nah, we don't do heroic video clips, rocking music, letting visitors know this is our manor.....

We do...

'Who's your favourite St Mirren player Keiran?'

'Stephen Thompson.'

'Stephen Thompson? He's good, isn't he?'

'Aye.'

'So, what's the score going to be Keiran?'

'Four nil to St Mirren.'

'Good stuff, what about the second half?'

....The opposition are shitting it by the time they come out. Paisley Panda might waft a paw in their direction too these days....they know this is our patch all right.

To be fair, this is still better than the Darkness....

By some considerable distance :wink:

Edited by ds10