Billy Davies

Frustratingly I guarantee you none of the commercial stuff will ever happen - begs the question what does the big man CK do other than arrange hospitality and have a swally with the guests? SO many good ideas to raise the club's profile (not just in Paisley FFS), make the stadium more imposing, utilise free space in the ground, get a scoreboard etc but it wont happen. We will stick with the locals schools doing 5 a side before the game and then belt out a bit of Avicci, pleasing the 16 year old bampots in the crowd. Pointless.

Also, wrong thread but I just got 5-2 on St Johnstone to win tonight, so have stuck £10 on that thank you very much. Will come on tomorrow and eat humble pie if we win but I can't see it.

based on what? Genuinely interested.

His managerial history and treatment of staff, fans & media of everywhere he's went is deplorable. Have a search for the Preston North End 'Job Done' scenario and you'll have an idea of his arrogance and stupidity.

If anyone ever thought Gus was a difficult person during his time here, Billy Davies is tenfold.

Frustratingly I guarantee you none of the commercial stuff will ever happen - begs the question what does the big man CK do other than arrange hospitality and have a swally with the guests? SO many good ideas to raise the club's profile (not just in Paisley FFS), make the stadium more imposing, utilise free space in the ground, get a scoreboard etc but it wont happen. We will stick with the locals schools doing 5 a side before the game and then belt out a bit of Avicci, pleasing the 16 year old bampots in the crowd. Pointless.

Also, wrong thread but I just got 5-2 on St Johnstone to win tonight, so have stuck £10 on that thank you very much. Will come on tomorrow and eat humble pie if we win but I can't see it.

I have said before we have a scorebord just waiting for planning permission

Apart from scores etc, it would probably function as more of an all-purpose message board.

You know the kinda thing:

"Please shift that crappy green Capri from the emergency exit."

"Will Thorolf Beck please come to the Players entrance?"

"Will the player, now knackered on the far-corner exercise bike, please get stripped."

"Does anybuddie want to buy slightly used fitba club?"

Billy Davies is a good manager. No chance he would come to us I don't think.

What's he ever done to hurt you?

I'm going with this - from personal experience. Billy coached me when he was doing his coaching badges for a year, and was by a mile the best coach I ever had. I played for 3 teams over the course of about 12 years when I was younger, and he was by far the best. I have never in my life heard a human being swear more than Billy Davies, but he drilled fitness, discipline and teamwork into us like nobody else, with extra emphasis on the fitness.

Should of done 3-1 to us

How big a slice of pie would you like ( in advance) :P

5/2 to win where ? Tops 13/8 on odds checker !!!

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

I'm going with this - from personal experience. Billy coached me when he was doing his coaching badges for a year, and was by a mile the best coach I ever had. I played for 3 teams over the course of about 12 years when I was younger, and he was by far the best. I have never in my life heard a human being swear more than Billy Davies, but he drilled fitness, discipline and teamwork into us like nobody else, with extra emphasis on the fitness.

Want a game?

His managerial history and treatment of staff, fans & media of everywhere he's went is deplorable. Have a search for the Preston North End 'Job Done' scenario and you'll have an idea of his arrogance and stupidity.

If anyone ever thought Gus was a difficult person during his time here, Billy Davies is tenfold.

At least he knows how to manage a winning team and have players playing for him.

At least he knows how to manage a winning team and have players playing for him.

Does he?

He's achieved nothing in the game as a manager other than a playoff victory. Sacked from every job he's had bar one - Which he left to manage Derby - who sacked him for being awful.

Careful what you wish for. Billy Davies would be a horrendous appointment.

Does he?

He's achieved nothing in the game as a manager other than a playoff victory. Sacked from every job he's had bar one - Which he left to manage Derby - who sacked him for being awful.

Careful what you wish for. Billy Davies would be a horrendous appointment.

Not wishing for it to be honest. I'm realistic about the level of our board's ambitions. Not a f**king hope in hell they'd ever go for anyone who would be at that kind of level.

Billy Davies is an interesting one.............The mini motivating manager is ferociously enthusiastic and postive, he's a cavalry charge of refreshment, he is also , it would appear, more than a tad emotional and confrontational.

Anyway, in light of the recent shit in his world and the current shit fest that we occupy, in simple land I'd like the following to transpire.......

Gilmour bags DL, thanks , now it's goodbye

Gilmour phones the mini motivator and it goes like this........

Billy come back up here , live in Ralston and manage St Mirren til the season end. Hell if you like it and get a taste for the Pailsey pattern , buy us out , make Str Mirren yours, become a hero. What's not to love.................

Meanwhile back in reality land, St Mirren plod through the mire of indecisivness and pray for a fluke result that completely saves their season, the fans continue to suffer and the players think it cannae seriously be like this all the time sad.png

Edited by Seaside Nipper