Ictfc V St Mirren Top League 29/3/14

shull

Stil up and still wondering what would possess you to think that having gained the massive momentum of an equaliser you would then think a double substitution, with the minutes of settling time that almost always brings, was a good idea.

Another blank from Bullseye Magennis

He's out of the Red
And into the Black

Nothing in this game

With him in attack

Probably take him 101 games or more to get a goal too

Decent point but as the teams round about us all came away with something it doesn't really do us any favours. sad.png

I understand where you are coming from mate, but hopefully coming back from a goal down away at teuchterville will give the players a confidence boost coming into the money end of the season.

so you are saying a loss would not have hampered us then?

at the end of the season, all points are tallied up. each one is worth the same as every other

True. I wasn't saying a loss wouldn't have hampered us, more that it doesn't really help us in terms of moving up the table at this time. It is a decent point though, and might prove vital, so I do agree with your point.

Before the game I would have taken a draw. Unfortunately you would have never predicted the set of results coming in from our rivals.

Happy with 2-2 and happy that Hibs lost, only six points away from us I think, they are definitely in the mix.

and all playing each other

exciting !!!

Stil up and still wondering what would possess you to think that having gained the massive momentum of an equaliser you would then think a double substitution, with the minutes of settling time that almost always brings, was a good idea.

Another blank from Bullseye Magennis

He's out of the Red

And into the Black

Nothing in this game

With him in attack

Probably take him 101 games or more to get a goal too

Surely we should now be letting DL off for any team selection /tactical / substitution flops since he is on unofficial gardening leave and the senior pros at the club have been running things (during our string of defeats)? #thommoout

My first game at the caley stadium and wont be rushing back, what a shitty ground, zero atmosphere.,

as for the game, probably a fair result, although pity we didn't make more of the extra man

thought Goodwin was our best player when he moved into midfield, also thought Cheesy looked really

nervous when he came on, lacking a bit of confidence just now maybe...

Ps.. I hope lex and his cronies made it home ok last night, I met them in an inverness bar, what a state

they were in...nologo.gif got a funny feeling they'll no remember..lol.gif

I was at the game, and it was a decent game considering the state of the pitch, For a top league club it was a disgrace, They could have played in the car park and it would have been a better surface, So well done to all players for at least trying to entertain the punters, As for Saints after getting off to a good start we were poor, Don't think our midfield players knew were they were playing in midfield, McGinn and McLean pushed out wide for some strange reason because of that those two player were ineffective. Afraid to say its bad use of his best players by the manager, Same saying keeps repeating its self SQUARE PEGS IN ROUND HOLES. But the effort was good. And most would have taken a point before kick off, Hard place to pick points.

My first game at the caley stadium and wont be rushing back, what a shitty ground, zero atmosphere.,

as for the game, probably a fair result, although pity we didn't make more of the extra man

thought Goodwin was our best player when he moved into midfield, also thought Cheesy looked really

nervous when he came on, lacking a bit of confidence just now maybe...

Ps.. I hope lex and his cronies made it home ok last night, I met them in an inverness bar, what a state

they were in...nologo.gif got a funny feeling they'll no remember..lol.gif

Made it home fine thanks, I think. Was a loooong day! :cheers:

It's still Cheesys fault?

Campbell's having a poor game and shouldn't have started in my opinion. I hear Gowser's been having a night out on Wednesday celebrating their title win and that's why he's not here, what a fanny he is, what a miss he is.

Gowser WAS injured, McLean was also struggling to make the game but played through the niggle.

It's still Cheesys fault?

Campbell's having a poor game and shouldn't have started in my opinion. I hear Gowser's been having a night out on Wednesday celebrating their title win and that's why he's not here, what a fanny he is, what a miss he is.

How did Adam Campbell play in Inverness anyone? Good to see him back in.

Good to see him back in, then off. lol.gif

Subbed, as per usual. whistling.gif

I'd imagine that like most forward players with us lately , could do nothing cos he got no supply.

Shame that the glaring winning chance fell to McLean who looks so short of confidence that he tried to steer it home instead of freely driving the strike. Some credit to the keeper, but all in all , McLean missed a right good chance there.

On the positive, he was there at the end of it , oh and another positive, we are largely disappointed with 2-2 up there.

Glad to see Teale back, if fit enough , he could make a significant difference to our season end.

I'd imagine that like most forward players with us lately , could do nothing cos he got no supply.

Shame that the glaring winning chance fell to McLean who looks so short of confidence that he tried to steer it home instead of freely driving the strike. Some credit to the keeper, but all in all , McLean missed a right good chance there.

On the positive, he was there at the end of it , oh and another positive, we are largely disappointed with 2-2 up there.

Glad to see Teale back, if fit enough , he could make a significant difference to our season end.

Gary looked very dangerous and keen to take on opponents. Augurs well for the upcoming games. Adam Campbell for spells in the game linked up fairly well with Newton. Gingers Unite....... Greg Wylde did suffer from lack of supply, I think mainly because young McGinn was off the boil on Saturday. I think it was a brave starting line up on Saturday and it was the correct decision to move Goodwin into midfield,when we were being overrun and outmuscled in midfield. If no changes were made the way things were going I have no doubt we would have lost. IMHO Danny made the right call with that move. Cheesy looked very nervous, no doubt, so did Dilo, and some of Darrens decisions are,well, baffling at times. If you are defending....get it away !!!!! I still think we have it within ourselves to keep away from the play off spot but need to concentrate a wee bit more at clearing our lines decisively when the need arises. I believe we can score if we make chances like the second half on Saturday.